Type or Swipe?

arachnocaccia

Thanks... will definitely check this out. I wonder if I can hook it up to write ĉ, ĝ, ĥ, ĵ, ŝ, ŭ... On my laptop I have a little thingy that converts "ux, sx," etc into the Esperanto characters. The "x"s are uncommon so it's rarely an issue. Unless Lŭio is involved. -J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

For us it's a combination - typing is much faster, but there are fewer mistakes with swiping. Most of the time we trail off into typing even if we start by swiping. I avoid using the phone for browsing/chatting whenever possible but now that we're using a slightly better phone that doesn't freeze after every other character, it's not as much of a worry.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok guys, forgive ol granpa Dave here, but what do you mean when you say "swipe"? Do you mean you're swiping to like answer yes or no questions to each other, or...? Is there a super advanced way to communicate by swipes I'm not aware of (not counting that unholy jean-luc thing)?

Ok guys, forgive ol granpa Dave here, but what do you mean when you say "swipe"? Do you mean you're swiping to like answer yes or no questions to each other, or...? Is there a super advanced way to communicate by swipes I'm not aware of (not counting that unholy jean-luc thing)?

As I found out on complete accident after years of having my Android phone - you can actually sort of "draw" the words on a touchscreen (on Android at least) by bringing your finger from letter to letter. If I drew my finger, without releasing it, from W, to A, across all the other letters sdfgyu to I, then over uy to T and raised my finger, the phone is almost always smart enough to tell my intended word was "wait" and types it instantly. It's really cool honestly, I hate most things about cellphones but I appreciate that feature. I'm too lazy to use it for small words though.

Since my touchscreen(? or just typing on a touchscreen in general??) sucks, I have lots of typos despite my best efforts when texting after all these years, so now I think it'd be good if I started using the swiping mechanic for big words. "Appreciate" for example - I just tried it and it worked perfectly.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.