Can I create a tulpa using a fake chat app

I don't think so, no. You'd be treating a program like it was a person elsewhere in the world, but you wouldn't be making your brain make its own sentences up - so really, this misses the very basis of what tulpamancy is. Yeah, gonna give a hard no here.

Interesting question though.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

In theory, you could personality force a real Tulpa based on expectations from your interactions with something like Cleverbot. However, that would only work if you continued to talk to Cleverbot after looking away from the conversation. I suppose it could give you inspiration for what to talk about, but otherwise, it won't help. If you rely on the app generating the responses, a newly developing Tulpa won't be making any responses.

Since Cleverbot has no personality, the personality you or your Tulpa desire would surface first, so personality wise I don't see a danger here.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Personality wise, you'd need to be able to filter out obviously wrong messages from fake chat bots - Cleverbot, last I checked, was pretty terrible at acting like a real person. It just throws random phrases and responses at you. I don't recommend going this route at all, not even as a supplementary thing, because it simply adds no benefit to the tulpa creation process even if the bot acts like a real human.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I can see something like this being used as a supplementary tool for narration (e.g. telling your tulpa what responses you're sending to something like Cleverbot and reading out the returns), but cutting out effort by treating a chat bot like it's sentient isn't ideal and likely won't land you with any results. Maybe a bit of regret because you wasted time. Put in the effort.

Do you mean an app that lets you pretend you're talking to someone, and type their replies? If so, that sounds fine to me, you could type when you hear your tulpa say something. You could maybe even make a private Discord and set up Tupperbox and write a conversation with them that way. Or just use something like Google Docs or a Notepad app. Any of those would work.

If you do mean something like Cleverbot, that doesn't really make any sense to me and I don't see it as being very useful. Sounds more confusing than productive.

My bottom line is just talk to your tulpa, doesn't matter how you do it as long as you do, and don't worry about controlling responses or anything, their responses will come when they come.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Pretty much the title.For some reason it seems more fun and easy than just forcing with mind mind

First of all thanks for the responses!And also Im sorry i wasnt as clear as I should be.I meant the one where I type both as me and the tulpa,basically typing their responses. I've searched for something like this,but I haven't seen anyone doing this so thats why I asked.

I just use a word document (our journal), but the app sounds fun.

Though I agree with AB, all positive effort is useful, I am finding myself rallying for not using the bot.

Truth is, we all use scaffolding. Characters from books. Images of celebrities or people we're fond of. We use symbols and stand ins, even use balls of lights... Using the APP is no less than these things. I suspect it has the potential of being useful.

At the same time, it is also setting up a potential for internal conflict. It comes with an unspoken idea that you don't trust yourself or your brain to perform or function. I am of the opinion you are okay just as you are and you can develop skills and teach your brain new tricks... you are not your brain, you have a brain... Maybe the app thing helps. Maybe it slows down progress because you have doubt in your ability to do something. Could it help? Sure. Will it help you? I don't know. Could it help anyone? Maybe.

You know the kind of conversation you want to hold. In your daily life, you walk away from some conversations and move towards other kinds of conversations. More than this, your subconscious knows the sort of personality and conversations and interests this sort of personality would hold. If you trust it, it will likely surprise you more than a bot.