ghost1213177

Any Awakened Tulpamancers?

Hooray! I'm so glad you could know what I am talking about!

Your post moves me to tears! That doesn't happen so often. It's all so hard! But you seem to understand what I am talking about, and I feel thankful. Your encouragement gives me a lot to think about. Thank you!

With where you seem to be mentally, start a consistent and skilled meditation practice, and you'll certainly make it to becoming an Arhat!

I'm glad at least this could happen, though I am still interested in speaking directly to an Arhat/stream entrant/etc tulpamancer if any one reads this or can somehow help direct me to one.

Yes, I do intend to start meditation as of ~today. I've never done actual meditation of clearing your mind, we've just had a spattering here and there of sitting in the quiet and going over our thoughts. Looking into Culadasa's stuff, I worked through a couple of the reasons I was uninterested in classic breathing meditation. Not that he helped in that sense, I was reading just to get an idea of what to do and what he says some goals are - rather, thinking on the topic, I realized quickly that in the past I both worried about manually breathing (I think this is utterly unnecessary, you simply focus on the breathing sensation, not on doing it yourself), and that the loose "don't really think of anything" meditation I did without a focus "object" (which tends to mean your breathing, weirdly enough) is kind of like swimming circles in water instead of going somewhere.

It was good for letting drifting thoughts and concerns come into focus and giving them the thought they needed to be dealt with, but we're naturally introspective at any point in our life and so that's not a very strong need. While I'm obviously disillusioned with spiritual "mumbo jumbo" and the results every spiritual teacher promises, I have no reason to believe following Culadasa's stuff won't improve my mental state in some way, regardless of whether it leads to some kind of enlightenment. But we'll see, who knows what results it'll have.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.

Yes, it is interesting. I've been through many attempts of meditation that seemed very pointless before learning about Culadasa's book. It is tragically easy to misunderstand meditation instructions, and I have in the past, but once corrected, I assure you, there is a lot to be had there, and I've only scratched the surface.

It is also almost kind of like exercising. You do a seemingly worthless task like lift heavy objects or run around to nowhere, but it ends up making you, stronger, faster, healthier etc. Even then, knowing its benefits and seeing it physically manifest on other people, some people can't bring themselves to do it. Meditation is the same way in that you do a seemingly pointless task, but it manifests into amazing benefits. I suppose people easily become skeptical though, as you can't really see it, except for perhaps primarily behavior. Really counter-intuitive to sit down and do nothing, but then benefit greatly, but really works! Assuming done properly anyway, but don't worry. Culadasa's book is a thorough guide, and following it will lead you to results.

Just keep your motivation up, and make a solid habit, that's the most important part first! Everything else will fall into place after. I'd also recommend finding meditation instructions of the same kind from other sources, just to get the same idea from different perspectives. That's helped me a lot in a lot of things even besides meditation. It is a samatha vipassana meditation. You could also perhaps learn about other kinds as well to know what there is and understand the strengths and weaknesses they may have if you want, though perhaps not really necessary.

Sorry, I'm rambling! It would just be very interesting to talk about. I want to help as much as I can, so you can ask if you have any questions. I'm not exactly a master meditator however, so I may redirect somewhere, though I think I at least have a lot of experience with some of the more basic things, perhaps. Otherwise, the book has really all you need for serious results, and I'm confident you can get through it! And probably without the bumpiness I experienced.

Even the Buddha said to not take anyone's, or even his, word for it, but to just see for yourself. I may have butchered the exact wording tremendously, but something like that.

I would say I am on the path, as well.

I think it is written somewhere, a person who says they are awaken is asleep. or something like that.

I would say I am on the path, as well.

I think it is written somewhere, a person who says they are awaken is asleep. or something like that.

Great!

I feel there is probably way more frauds than there are people who are truly there, so have to be careful who you listen to.

I wish you well!

I'd say I'm on reason and probably working on love. People increasingly say that I offer my time and energy selflessly to help others. Not sure if enlightenment would be feasible for anyone in Western society though, because it seems like the only way to reach that point is to move to Tibet or something and become a monk. Our society is so obsessed with material goods that it is wholly incompatible with the idea of enlightenment, I think.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

(He's talking about the Levels of Consciousness I posted last page)

I place myself around the same place, though I might have more of an edge on the level of Love at this point. Also, I think Enlightenment - if it's a thing - can happen at any point in history in pretty much any situation that isn't immediately life threatening. Steve Pavlina himself is way into passive income and has made his own way in this society to be free to experiment in all sorts of weird ways with life and his mind (and social structures and sleeping habits and-) without even really worrying about how he makes money. I know not everyone can do it, but his "job" is sharing what he learns, and he apparently makes a surprisingly large amount of money (the way he talks about challenging himself to increase his earning "figures" in a period of time... sheesh). Anyways, I'm just saying that despite the modern age being as it is, it's still possible to be a very special kind of person that on paper defies reason. The higher your "level of consciousness" - especially starting at Love - the easier basic problems in life become to deal with. I've been there, fully only maybe once years ago, and immediately was like "OKAY so what are all the problems in my life that I don't know what to do about?" and the answers all just came to me without effort. It seems they're only compatible with that state of mind, though. And Reisen is a constant reminder that it's really possible and not just delusion. She always has been..

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.

Not sure if enlightenment would be feasible for anyone in Western society though, because it seems like the only way to reach that point is to move to Tibet or something and become a monk. Our society is so obsessed with material goods that it is wholly incompatible with the idea of enlightenment, I think.

From the many talks I've listened to, it is certainly possible, though more difficult. If you can reach those states despite taking part in society, it is much more powerful. There's some kind of metaphor I've heard about a monk who goes into retreat in a cave for years and thinks they've reached enlightenment, but then finds themselves returning to being swathed in distraction, disgust, and desire like normal after returning to the marketplace. Something like that, I'm bad at remembering wording of stories, I just usually remember the point. I'm just here to say it can be done, but will require perhaps a kind of particular effort.

"If you think you're enlightened, go spend a week with your family." - Ram Dass