How do I tell my fictional Tulpa that his life is not real?

Dreams generate realistic and emotionally compelling characters freely. But these characters normally don't have any existence outside of dreams. I've met several variants of Vesper in dreams that Vesper says were definitely not her, but that doesn't mean I would try to contact them in waking life. If there is no ordinary communication already with this different headmate, are you certain you want to establish full communication? There is nothing wrong with continuing to interact in dreams or with him accepting dreams as his true reality.

Also, how does your longtime companion feel about the idea of an alternate version of himself being in the system? Vesper is unsettled and unnerved enough by the two alternate universe versions of her that I roleplay, who aren't independent or self-aware. She has told me not to make any more alternate versions, though the existing ones are grandfathered in by virtue of predating her.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit