How do tulpas fit into your religion/belief system?

Guest Anonymous

As a reverend I have thought a lot about it. In the end I couldn't find anything that makes me think that, as a Christian, would be against my beliefs. Then again there are not a lot of rules to being a good Christian.

The only difference [between reality and a dream] is that what many see we call a real thing, and what only one sees we call a dream. But things that many see may have no taste or moment in them at all, and things that are shown only to one may be spears and water-spouts of truth from the very depth of truth"

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhh lawdy, this gives me a chance to flesh out my own metaphysical philosophy (I wouldn't go so far as to call it a "religion").

First of all, an explanation. I didn't agree with a lot of what I saw and heard... so I made my own set of beliefs. That the universe is essentially an infinitely-more-complex mix of Tron, The Sims, and The Matrix. That we, along with everything else in our universe, exist as program data, on a "computer" in our creator's (or creators') plane of existence. I won't get into its logic here, but as it applies to tulpae...

One "program" generating another through what amounts to binary fission, while the new "program" resides within the same "shell" as the "root"? If the creator(s) objected to this, they wouldn't have made it possible. The same way I think of just about every controversial thing there is.

Atheist here. Tulpae to me are simply autonomous sentient extensions of the subconcious mind, only slightly more real than, say, Santa Claus. Now, even though they are purely "fictional" does not make them any less important to me than a real person. It is a tad complex, but they are their own person, even if they arent their own person, you know?

Me: Hey, say something for this thread!

Koharu: Yay, cupcakes!

mfw there are no cupcakes. Sentience? Yes. Brilliance? Ehh...

Agnostic would be the best lable for me, functionally atheist though.

I tend to think of the mind as analagous to a computer. Hex is another version of consciousness.exe running as a background process, occasionally comming to the foreground.