Choosing a Tulpa's Gender

Dynamo Lux

😄 yup me too. She started out androgynous then actually chose to be female presenting for me. She's always been complimentary to me like you mentioned with yin and yang. She gobbled up a bunch of traits I admire and tries to be a good influence on me. Our compatibility and magnetism had a little unintended side effect. 

J: 😊💍🥰

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For hosts with intentional tulpas, did you choose your tulpa's gender? Why did you choose the one you did? Or did you leave it up to them to decide? Was your decision important to you?

Stone: I suppose I chose the genders of both of my tulpae (Betty and Cloud). I based my two tulpae on characters, and those characters had genders, so those were the genders my tulpae (presumably) began with. For me, it's more of a question of why I chose the characters I did. I based Betty off a mother, and maybe I did so because I lack a positive mother figure in my life. Indirectly, that may be why I made my first tulpa female, though I wasn't consciously thinking about that or gender. Betty remains female.

Cloud came suddenly. I could never have deliberated her gender. I was considering creating another tulpa with the form of a character in the distant future, and boom, there she was the next day. Cloud looks like a female character so I treated her as a female. At some point she said she didn't have a gender. I'm ok with my tulpae choosing their genders.

Consigliere isn't a tulpa. He began male and Ithat's what he is currently.

How does your tulpa feel about it?

Betty: I feel very comfortable with my gender. I started female and that's how I've always been. I doubt I'll change.

Cloud: I don't mind being seen and female/male/whatever. Stone saw me as female initially and he still does in a way. Doesn't matter.

Tulpas, if you chose your own gender, why did you choose the one you did? Do you like that your host made it your choice?

Cloud: The short answer is that I can't be bothered with this stuff. There's a shorter answer, but I won't say that here. It would be weird if Stone didn't make it my choice. He can get a plushie if he wants something stagnant.

Any tulpas changed or considered changing their gender later on? Why?

Consigliere: I'm not a tulpa but I'll answer anyway. I'm fine with my gender right now, but I might want to change it, not out of discomfort, but as a way of finding myself. It may sound cliché, but I'm a new thoughtform, and looking into my gender and how I perceive it could be a way for me to grow.

This post has reminded me of this idea. I think I'll start looking into this now.

Hosts with unintentional tulpas (or the tulpas themselves), do you have anything to note about why your tulpa's gender is the way it is?

Stone: Consigliere was a walk-in based on a character I created, so he began male because the character was male.

Someday