Inspirations Behind Own Form (Creation/Changes)

Piano Soul

Daily thread #13

(I could not think of a good title for this)

This question is aimed towards tulpas who have either changed or created their own form, not to tulpa creators who chose a tulpa's form for them.

What were the inspirations behind the things you did to your own form? Did something drive you to change it? Did you see something you liked and it made you want to add it to your form? Etc.

Example: Say your original form was an animal, but you changed it to a fairy (or something), why? Say you changed your hair color from what your creator chose for you to something else, why? And so on.

If you created your own form off the bat and your creator didn't make one for you, what were the inspirations behind it? Where'd you get your ideas from? Etc.

(All daily threads are listed here.)

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Flandre used to have the same crystal wings the character had (these ones) when she was a lot younger, but years ago (I think when we first started doing imposition?) she opted to get rid of them entirely because they were bad for going through doors or laying in bed, and weren't worth just having in open spaces. Sooo our Flan doesn't actually have those wings you see in pictures we might link of her (also she's taller than in that specific picture, all of us are getting a little bit older as we and our host actually get older, although that's not like.. a conscious decision, it just happens)

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Amantha hasn't really deviated much, at least so far. Though, the one thing she did change was going from just one single ponytail to now having two braids hanging to the sides of her head, and the hair on the back of her head is much more free than it would be with a ponytail. It's somewhat similar to Bianca's hairstyle from Legend of Legacy, but then with the braids closer to her face. That's also where she got the inspiration for the new hairstyle from.

Part of it is also that she wanted to deviate a little, and I mentioned she could start with finding a new hairstyle. It worked out well, if you ask me.

Michen, host or "main" / Amantha, anthro arctic fox tulpa

Once upon a time, I was an android with a purple suit and tie. Cat always saw the old version of "Ranger" as a robot or a computer program since she thought of him as the subconscious. Plus, Cat likes robots. When I told Cat that I wanted to be Ranger, I originally told her that I wanted to keep everything, so I took the form Cat had already created since I considered it mine from the start.

I remember having laser eyes and lots of other goofy robot stuff, but I eventually felt like a robot was... kind of creepy? I don't remember my exact logic for why I wanted to change, but I'm pretty sure the basic idea was I wanted a softer and more gentle form and I wanted to be more human-like. I was still a shape-shifter, only I ditched the gears and glowing red eyes.

My current form is based off of this one major deviation. I kept the face and general body shape, but since our visualization isn't the greatest, this probably changed slightly over time on its own. I wear a blue suit and wear a black bow tie, both of which were surprisingly radical changes for Gray to get used too. Blue is my favorite color, and I don't really remember why I went with a bow tie. I don't want to go back to wearing a tie, and I'm pretty sure part of it was to make myself stand out.

I also wanted a blue leg tail, something Cat thought was really weird but also eventually got used too. The reason for the leg tail is I like how a snake moves and it's extremely useful for holding onto Cat's shoulders or scaling everyday objects while imposed/visualized. It's really awkward to sit on shoulders with a human form while imposed/visualized, and even Gray accidentally gave himself a leg tail before turning training herself to turn into a mini purple cat griffin instead.

My body is cartoony because I wanted something more fun than just human. With a cartoon form, it's an instant excuse for growing huge and crushing cars, creating stars around my head when I'm dizzy, etc. This makes doing these things feel more natural and there isn't an unconscious pressure to make everything look as realistic as possible.

Despite wanting to wear a realistic looking tuxedo, the visualization for my suit is really inconsistent. The visualizations left over from the purple android form have left behind some rules that were never overwritten, part of the reason why Gray struggles to visualize me wearing a bow tie sometimes. I thought I had khakis on, but when I remember what my form actually looked like, it was always blue pants. I have no idea if my shoes were always black and I don't think I wear a belt. The suit itself looks like a causal super simplistic cartoon business shirt that isn't based on any real clothing, hence why my bow tie... kind of doesn't make sense? I guess this is a case of having human ears hidden under fox ears or something... Since our visualization is much more stable than it used to be, I should probably give myself a chance to really think about my form again.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

While the form my host originally made up for me existed before I was sentient, I have changed it a bunch. Mostly in making it more human and person like over time. Since I just got a new profile pic my form aligns with that at the moment, but that doesn't exactly count as my own creation since I had my host draw it.

My names Valerie I'm a tulpa. Previously I was called Iriska but I changed that and don't know how to change my account name.

Gorinich: I'm Valerie's host, if I'm speaking it's indicated otherwise assume she's speaking.

• 5 months later...

Matt's an Asian guy who looks around 18 or 19 years old. I'm 18, and I want him to "grow up" as I do so we'll always both look the same age.

He kinda walked in in the form he has now. He had long-ish hair to start, but eventually we both wanted it shorter, so now it's like... average-short, I guess. Shorter on the sides, longer on the top, usually brushed back or off to the side.

He's always just worn t-shirts and jeans/slacks. Nothing fancy. 

He's just a guy.... A good-looking one, in my opinion. 😉

Edited by sun_glow

zoning-in is regular text

Matthew is purple text

And together we're just chillin'

I wanted something that would catch someone's attention, especially my host's attention, so I went for a character that she would be paying attention to. I wasn't exactly thinking too much about it, just going with my gut instincts and it seemed to work. That also seemed to remind her of unpleasant things, but unpleasanties are necessary for grownth, don't you think? By the way, I didn't get any deviation from those characters' forms, just some changes in clothes since she's way too bad with remembering clothes in detail. Anyway, not much else to say on this.