Tulpa Parallel Processing Test v1.0 Experiment

Ranger

I'm curious about Parallel Processing and I'm going through a phase where I want to try and see if achieving Parallel Processing is possible. I'm very skeptical towards this process, so I'm interested in using a tool to help me accurately report our Parallel Processing ability over time.

I remembered this test called Tulpa Parallel Processing Test v1.0, but I want to double check that it's a reliable tool. At first glance, it looks as if one fast counter may be able to produce perfect results for both their Tulpa and themselves. I feel like it's time to put this test to the test so people can feel either more confident (or less confident) about using this tool.

In short, this experiment will be conducted by having people record themselves using the tool 5 times and then having them send back the results. I will ask some questions in a Google form asking for some basic information and have people submit the results in a second form.

This is NOT designed to prove if Parallel Processing is a real or not. It is only supposed to prove if this tool works as intended or not.

All Links:

Google Forms-

Pre-experiment form: https://forms.gle/SEJRqtgwaAkd6RW38

Post-experiment form: https://forms.gle/UGg1ySbHBP4P9e9Z7

Software-

ScreenCastOMatic: https://screencast-o-matic.com/screen-recorder

Google Drive: https://www.google.com/drive/

Prezi (Online PowerPoint Tool): https://prezi.com/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/

General Notes:

Please feel free to perform this experiment, even if you do or do not believe in Parallel Processing. The point is not to measure how good at Parallel Processing you are, but to understand how effective this tool is. However, If you are interested, I can send you personalized data on how your data compares to the final public results.

If you are not a Tulpa system or if you are no longer a system, you are still free to take this test. If you are an ex-Tulpamancer and you do not have any other headmates or you are a Tulpamancer and all of your headmates are not willing to participate in this experiment, please fill out the forms as a singlet.

The "Tulpa Parallel Processing Test v1.0" in short asks the system to stare at a central dot and have a Host and Tulpa try to count their respective colored dots at the same time. Since not all systems have a Host / Tulpa dynamic and there are no obvious differences between the "Host" or "Tulpa" sections, I deciced for this experiment any systemmember can choose a section, regardless if the section says "Host" or "Tulpa". The only requirement is the same systemmember must do the same section each time.

If you are a singlet taking this test, do your best to count all of the dots as quickly as possible. Please try to keep your focus on the black X.

Pre-requisites:

* Two headmates that have decided who counts the "Host" dots and who counts the "Tulpa" dots OR a singlet ready to try and attempt both sections at once.

* A computer

* Screen capture software (ScreenCastOMatic is free, here's a link: https://screencast-o-matic.com/screen-recorder)

* Any image of the system's/singlet's choosing so they can verify the videos they are submitting are theirs. I recommend saving the image since I will ask for a link to it after the experiment and I want to see that image in every video. No NSFW images. The images and all parts of the video must comply with Tulpa.info's rules.

* A text editor of some kind (notepad, Google Docs, MS word, etc)

* Free online software to submit the videos to and have the ability to provide a link (Google Drive, Prezi, YouTube, etc.) Do not PM or DM me video files.

* And finally, filling out the pre-requisite Google form.

Disclaimers and important information:

* If you are under 18 or choose not to specify your age, I will not factor your data into the final public calculation. However, I can still send you information on how your data compares to the public data.

* I will not publish anyone's videos or names. The videos are designed to act as proof and verify individual findings and names are to keep track of who's who.

* I do not recommend posting your video in this thread unless you feel comfortable sharing your video. Please use the post-experiment form.

* I will NOT accept videos private or direct messaged to me. Do not PM or DM me video files.

The Experiment:

Before you begin, fill out the pre-experiment Google form: https://forms.gle/CaKzc74vqD4hUFTa8

Once all of the pre-requisites are completed, the next step is to go to the Tulpa Parallel Processing Test v1.0 site and set up recording. In the recording, make sure your system shows their image and either types out what test the video is for or says that information out loud. I am not going to require anyone to speak or remain silent, but I need to know which video is for what test. These measures will help me verify the data.

Each of the two headmates should have already chosen if they are doing the "Host" section or the "Tulpa" section. Once a member picks one, do not have headmates switch sections. This is to measure the accuracy of individual headmates. If you are a singlet, you should do your best to count all of the dots from both sections.

Once this is established, start recording and follow the instructions provided by the Tulpa Parallel Processing Test v1.0. In the post-experiment form, I will ask for what your guesses were and what the correct answers given by the test were. You may choose to write them down or you can play back the video you created to get this information. Here's a sample video I made: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13697PZn-lTRcEMpGjXLdht4nnOU6j5xB/view?usp=sharing

For this experiment, repeat this process 5 times. I know, it's a lot, but I don't want mistakes or one lucky guess ruin the data.

Once you have completed the experiment, upload the videos to a Google Drive folder, Prezi, Youtube, etc. WARNING: All of these require logging in with an account and will allow me to see your username. I recommend creating a new account with a username you are comfortable with me seeing.

Using your free online software of choice, send me a link to your production in the post-experiment form. Here is a link to the post-experiment form: https://forms.gle/UGg1ySbHBP4P9e9Z7

Results and Possible Conclusions:

* If you have any questions, feel free to private/direct message me, post your question in this thread, or use the pre/post form question section.

* If you would like to know how your score compares to the public results, leave me a way to contact you and I will send you the information you gave me in the forms and personalized comparison data.

* Names and videos will NOT be published in the results.

* If the hypothesis that this test is effective is correct, then I am expecting people who claim to Parallel Process will do better than systems who claim they can't and singlets. If people who claim they can't and singlets do just as well as the people who can, then that would suggest the tool isn't effective at measuring Parallel Processing.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• 4 weeks later...

Due to the lack of responses for the pre-survey and the non-existence of post-survey responses, I'm considering this effort a bust.

I can still release comparison data if people only fill out the pre-survey. Please feel free to fill it out, you don't have to continue with the rest of the experiment if you do not wish to. Here is the link to the pre-survey:  https://forms.gle/SEJRqtgwaAkd6RW38

If I get enough responses, I will close the survey and release the results.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

That's a lot of posting, I never saw it before, I think it was when my system configuration was in flux.

Did you ever do it?

I am recusing us from this controversial subject at this time.

We are interested in participating but uncomfortable recording our screen currently. We've filled out the pre-experiment form, but would there be some other way to prove we aren't fudging our scores on the 5 tries of the test?

We are interested in participating but uncomfortable recording our screen currently. We've filled out the pre-experiment form, but would there be some other way to prove we aren't fudging our scores on the 5 tries of the test?

That's a good question...

Maybe when taking the experiment, you can take an audio recording of yourself doing the experiment in one sitting, and you can take a screenshot of the result screen each time? In the audio recording, please read aloud the instructions and feel free to say any thoughts/comments during recording. My goal is to compare what you say out loud with your key strokes and your final screenshots. I don't know how comfortable you are recording yourself speak aloud and taking screenshots however...

If you are concerned about revealing too much of your screen, the screen recorder software allows for you to crop what it can see by adjusting the borders. I don't need to know what browser you are using, what tabs you have, any other applications you have open unrelated to the experiment or what time it is for you. All I want to see is the test's screens and animation, your verification image, and how you label each test. If you don't trust ScreenCastOMatic, you can record a video using your phone or a video camera.

If this still makes you uncomfortable, I can do more research and see if I can come up with a better idea, I just can't think of any good solutions off the top of my head at the moment.

If anyone has trouble running the experiment because your browser blocks flash, let me know and I will send you a customized video of the experiment you can use. Feel free to send me a PM or DM me on Discord (RangerHippoShadow

#7690) and I will send you a link to Google Docs. If I send you a video, you don't have to send me another one.

Edit: If I send you a custom video, please use it as if you would the flash program and follow the original instructions.