Tulpa as memory device

jbox1

hello! I recently found out about this community (and concept in general), and I am somewhat fascinated by it. Saving that for another post, I've tried my best to hop right in and start trying ti fabricate a tulpa, but I wanted to ask if it was possible to give my tulpa some utility I sorely need.

Can my tulpa help remind or remember stuff for me? I often forget stuff in my day to day life, im every way possible. Can a tulpa act as my brain's assistant and help me organise the things I need to rememeber?

I'll ask it kindly of course.

No, your tulpa cannot do anything you can't do yourself. If you struggle to remember things, your tulpa will also struggle to remember things. It's possible your tulpa could think up a better method to help remember things, but a tulpa isn't a computer or has any kind of super memory powers.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

No, your tulpa cannot do anything you can't do yourself. If you struggle to remember things, your tulpa will also struggle to remember things. It's possible your tulpa could think up a better method to help remember things, but a tulpa isn't a computer or has any kind of super memory powers.

I once heard a memory technique known as a mind palace, and if you've watched Sherlock you'll know about it, where you visualise a structure such as a building, house or a castle, and store things there you need to remember. This is why I thought that asking my tulpa to help me store things in a mind-scape mind palace would be a good idea.

Short answer, no.

However, you may want to look into the Roman Room. A tulpa could help you learn better memory skills, they might even take on the job of reminding you of things (mine sure do...), but a wonderland (i.e. a stablized visualized location, like when you go to your 'happy place') can definitely be used to increase memory, it's well-studied. Linking the things you want to remember to a location, even a imaginary location, really helps.

If you find yourself feeling kinda ditzy in your day-to-day life, just can't remember if you did things or just thought about doing them, or what order things happened in, or if you feel you have no sense of time, you may also want to look into mindfulness and grounding. A lot of my "bad memory" was really just dissociation. I can learn foreign words with only a couple exposures, but I could never memorize what order my classes went in. I can recall the entire plots of books I read years ago, but not what I ate for breakfast. If that sounds like you, congrats, you're an Absent-Minded Professor, but also, it may be worth considering in what way you have a bad memory. Can't absorb new information? Can't remember what you just read? When people tell you their plans, you only remember 10% of it? Forget what you were about to do, when you enter a room? Forget names, faces, dates, addresses? There are methods to improve with all of these things. -J

edit: Ninja'd :)

The Roman Room is the technique you see as the Mind Palace in BBC's Sherlock. You definitely don't need a tulpa to make a wonderland/mindscape.

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

The wonderland is infinite, so if you really wanted too you could have two wonderland sections- one mind palace and one for your tulpa.

Like Jamie said, you don't need a tulpa to train yourself to create a mind palace.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I've asked my headmates to remind me of things many times and it's pretty much never worked. It's a running joke at this point; we laugh when I ask. Hours later, we may remember that I asked, but none of us can think of what I asked.

But years ago, before I knew anything about plurality, I would try to remember something I once knew and fail. Hours later, the information would pop into my head unbidden. It was as if there were a diligent file clerk in my unconscious mind searching deep memory the whole time -- a short bald man in a tan suit with little round glasses. A few times, Vesper has directly addressed File Clerk in very formulaic language to issue reminders and it has worked incredibly well. We decided to discontinue these experiments, as we weren't comfortable with the idea that there was a fourth actor in the system. But it is possible that there are naturally occurring servitor-like subsystems in the mind that are better at this than the people in charge.

In general, the easiest way to remember things would be to carry around a little notepad or to make memos on a smartphone. Tulpamancy isn't the easiest way to do anything.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

hello! I recently found out about this community (and concept in general), and I am somewhat fascinated by it. Saving that for another post, I've tried my best to hop right in and start trying ti fabricate a tulpa, but I wanted to ask if it was possible to give my tulpa some utility I sorely need.

Can my tulpa help remind or remember stuff for me? I often forget stuff in my day to day life, im every way possible. Can a tulpa act as my brain's assistant and help me organise the things I need to rememeber?

I'll ask it kindly of course.

Two things, yes some have reported that, and my tulpas have let's call it access to perififeral vision, and some things that I'm personally not thinking about. They're excellent at warning me about things that I'm not paying attention to and reminding me of things that I ask them to. However, many times I can't remember something and neither can anyone else.

So yes, sometimes, for some people.

Servators are reported to do that as well, and so would basically just your brain itself that we call Body OS.

The mind palace works great, we use that all the time.

Using visualization, you associate a memory to an object in mindspace. I can remember things simply by picturing the place that I put those things. I think it's related to mnemonics.

if you make more of an effort than normal to remember things because you're talking to your tulpa about those things, and also if you indirectly associate your tulpa with the thing you want to remember, they can help with remembering things - but those aren't them directly helping by remembering what you don't, if that makes sense

also a good exercise to help improve your overall memory is to at random points in the day try to recall the events (however small, like going to the bathroom and washing your hands, and then-) that led to your current time. So like, you're here on your computer or phone, and then you try to remember a good amount of time that led up to that: you've been on comp/phone a while, before you'd just finished eating a sandwich, before you were making the sandwich, before you had just gotten home, before you'd been out doing... and take that as far as sounds good to you

You'll be surprised just how hard it can be to remember things that just happened! But this is a really powerful exercise that I think we first heard about as helping with/prevent Alzheimer's and I bet it can help your overall memory a lot

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

From our experiences, yes, sometimes I am able to recollect some memories better than Michen. Unfortunately, I can't recollect anything Michen has forgotten entirely himself. We are working with the same memories, after all. All I can say is that though you can definitely ask your tulpa, this won't necessarily improve your chances to remember something in time. At the same time, it might, for you. So if you really want to work on remembering something, I'd say buy a diary and/or an agenda, and start jotting things down.

Also, we have a place simply called "The Library" in mindscape. Kind of our version of a "memory palace". Though it doesn't help directly with remembering things better for us, it could be helping indirectly because you're practising recollecting and visualising memories. It can also be used to help with processing things into stable memories. You don't necessarily need a tulpa to do that. Of course, tulpas can help with designing one and the upkeep of it.

Michen, host or "main" / Amantha, anthro arctic fox tulpa

Martina oftentimes finds strange, very old memories and connections related to whatever is at hand. In that regard, a tulpa can help finding things in your subconscious.

Directly remembering things for you, I think would require a bit more effort.