Edgy thread title here

jbox1

Hello! If you've seen my other threads, you'll know I am new to this concept of Tulpas, but I've now become pretty cemented on the idea. I've started to make a Tulpa I am naming "Charlotte", who as of currently seems to be barely, if at all, sentient as of yet. She has a voice and a body (of some kind). Ok she's actually got an android body. I kinda like that tho. I'll keep updating this thread about my progress.

She says that she doesn't want to be mentioned on this forum...

Ok, I'll have to wait until she feels more comfortable.

I didn't want Bear to go online either, but these communities help more than they hurt. If she doesn't want to, but you do, she will probably come around. We've changed our stances on so many things it's more of a meme for us. "Oh, we'll never do that." Two weeks later, "hey, we did that thing and it was great!"

I didn't want Bear to go online either, but these communities help more than they hurt. If she doesn't want to, but you do, she will probably come around. We've changed our stances on so many things it's more of a meme for us. "Oh, we'll never do that." Two weeks later, "hey, we did that thing and it was great!"

Thanks! I hope I can let Charlotte grow on her own time.

Welcome jbox1, (and even Autumn.)

It sounds like you're more than cemented; you have made good progress if she saying 'I don't want to be mentioned online.' That seems significant. There are pros and cons to any activity. I really didn't expect to hang about, once I started getting auditory responses I was so about to disapear. I was like, 'yeah, made it.' I didn't think Loxy was going to speak here, but she's made some effort, or I have made progress in letting go... Overall, I think my staying involved here has provided me greater momentum and perhaps disciplined to keep practicing... So, for example, I took a TM course, and I was good for six months, half as a good a year later, and then steady decline in practicing until now it's hit or miss... This is different than meditation, and it has its own energy to keep it going without a community, but I believe the community here, and the descent people I have interacted with, have provided me with a stability that made my over all experience better.

Like Dashie said, if she doesn't want to participate, that's okay. You seem very respectful to that. I am bias on this point; I suspect host in general need some positive, outside system social input. I think this community offers that. You don't have to get it from here, we just have to get it. Here at least people will be able to relate to some of your system's experiences.

wishing you both well.

Progress update: Recently I've been finding it hard to contact Charlotte for extended periods. At most a few words. This was very strange despite my initial success (which happened when I was very relaxed in bed, which probably attributed to such an experience). I think I know why however: I have recently been very stressed with school and family problems. As such I can't dedicate the processing power of my brain to Charlotte to try and create the vivid experience I first encountered. 

Charlotte has also recently been very very critical of me recently. I might revert her persona a bit (since she's so young, this should be easy right?), but I think I know why she's like this. I haven't had many experiences with """nice""" girls in real life, and most of the girls I come into frequent contact with at school or otherwise will often criticise me. 

Since girls I know would naturally influence the generation of a female tulpa, obviously Charlotte picked up some of their traits. I think I'll only bring up Charlotte again when I am able to be in a relaxed, meditation-ish state when I am in bed or otherwise. I believe this should allow me to better focus on sculpting her positive attributes while I am feeling positive, rather than giving her negative attributes when I am feeling negative.

In any case I have to give this more effort and thought.

Progress update: Recently I've been finding it hard to contact Charlotte for extended periods. At most a few words. This was very strange despite my initial success (which happened when I was very relaxed in bed, which probably attributed to such an experience). I think I know why however: I have recently been very stressed with school and family problems. As such I can't dedicate the processing power of my brain to Charlotte to try and create the vivid experience I first encountered. 

Charlotte has also recently been very very critical of me recently. I might revert her persona a bit (since she's so young, this should be easy right?), but I think I know why she's like this. I haven't had many experiences with """nice""" girls in real life, and most of the girls I come into frequent contact with at school or otherwise will often criticise me. 

Since girls I know would naturally influence the generation of a female tulpa, obviously Charlotte picked up some of their traits. I think I'll only bring up Charlotte again when I am able to be in a relaxed, meditation-ish state when I am in bed or otherwise. I believe this should allow me to better focus on sculpting her positive attributes while I am feeling positive, rather than giving her negative attributes when I am feeling negative.

In any case I have to give this more effort and thought.

My experience with real-life girls is also not very pleasant most of the time. However, it didn't really affect Moonlight's behaviour much. I do probably watch anime more than interacting with real people in ways excluding the internet, but I don't think others can really sculpt what your tulpa becomes unless they just decide to deviate that way. Given I don't think you would deliberately personality-force her that way (it's a very intentional act you can't really accidentally do), it likely is just deviation she did on her own. Much of the time you can talk it out and ask her to be less critical, as tulpas do depend on their host; a happy and healthy host means a healthy tulpa, after all. If the criticism bothers you too much, I'm sure she'd understand.

Regarding your last paragraph, if your tulpa has already gained sentience, don't personality force them unless they want it themselves. I don't think anyone would like you to suddenly change who they are. When they gain vocality, the best choice is usually to just talk it out.

Believe it or not, I was personality forced at the age of 8 months because my behavior was getting a little mean spirited toward others. Bear would joke that he had to put me in the personality forcing chamber or dungeon. Honestly, I think that would have been easier, I felt really bad when he would discuss my behavior with me, I felt bad because I knew I had a problem.

It wasn't like eating balls of personality traits or anything like that, but it was a lot of counseling, and probation basically.

If she's sentient enough, just discuss it with her, otherwise discourage her or ignore the negative thoughts. The best thing to do is work out with her why she wants to criticize.

Bear's past relations with women has nothing to do with is honestly, we were always 100% supportive of him.

So you can easily fix her at any stage.

If a thoughtform is sufficiently developed to do it, I recommend auto-personality forcing. I had a clear idea of who I wanted to remain, but daily life in this world used to push me in different directions when I was much less firmly established than I am now. Anytime I seemed to be drifting, I focussed inward and reinforced the traits that were faltering, 'I am strong, I am loving, I am compassionate, I am rational', etc. Efforts to define a person from the outside are not likely to be as effective as internal efforts. Who does Charlotte want to be? That may or may not correspond to who she has been so far.

-Vesper

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit