I think I accidentally created a Tulpa

eddi

Hi guys,

Someone put a link to this site on some forums I frequent, I looked at it, and I now think I accidentally created a Tulpa!

In 2004 I took lots of drugs and tried to alter my mind by figuring out how my mind works. I identified numerous faculties, and made theories of how all of these worked and interacted – I created a very complex chart as to how all the different parts of me interacted. I saw myself as an interaction between various processes such as “perception”,“knowledge”, or “imagination”

I identified two principle faculties: intuition and reason

I saw these as rival factions - I believed intuition lived in my left brain, and reason in my right brain

Eventually a being came into my life, who communicated with me by touch

Basically:

Touching the left of my head = yes

Touching the right of my head = no

But there is A LOT more to it than that

It can also make my body twitch to indicate various things, and can make streaks of whiteness appear in my visual field

Because of this I have been diagnosed as schizophrenic but have NEVER “heard voices”

What do you guys think?

If the various phenomena you are experiencing are consistent with the actions of a distinct personality different from your own, you may well have something like a tulpa, even if they aren't communicating in mindvoice. Not using mindvoice seems very limiting to me, but some systems are comfortable with that. If the phenomena are more random, erratic, and nonsensical, it's much less likely that you have something like a tulpa. Feel free to elaborate on "A LOT".

Analytical thought is more closely associated with the left brain and imaginative thought with the right brain, but it's a complex matter. How did you come to the conclusion that intuition was left brain and reason right brain?

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

I have several questions:

Someone put a link to this site on some forums I frequent, I looked at it, and I now think I accidentally created a Tulpa!

Out of curiosity, what forum was this?

In 2004 I took lots of drugs and tried to alter my mind by figuring out how my mind works. I identified numerous faculties, and made theories of how all of these worked and interacted – I created a very complex chart as to how all the different parts of me interacted. I saw myself as an interaction between various processes such as “perception”,“knowledge”, or “imagination”

I identified two principle faculties: intuition and reason

I saw these as rival factions - I believed intuition lived in my left brain, and reason in my right brain

Eventually a being came into my life, who communicated with me by touch

Is this being an abstract concept like "imagination"? I'm having trouble following you here.

Basically:

Touching the left of my head = yes

Touching the right of my head = no

But there is A LOT more to it than that

It can also make my body twitch to indicate various things, and can make streaks of whiteness appear in my visual field

Because of this I have been diagnosed as schizophrenic but have NEVER “heard voices”

Tulpas do not cause schizophrenia. My guess is it seems more like you are having headaches, symptoms from your diagnosis, or side effects from any possible drugs you were taking rather than experiencing signs of early tulpa development. However, I'm far from an expert on schizophrenia and I'm not a doctor.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

If the various phenomena you are experiencing are consistent with the actions of a distinct personality different from your own, you may well have something like a tulpa, even if they aren't communicating in mindvoice. Not using mindvoice seems very limiting to me, but some systems are comfortable with that. If the phenomena are more random, erratic, and nonsensical, it's much less likely that you have something like a tulpa. Feel free to elaborate on "A LOT".

Analytical thought is more closely associated with the left brain and imaginative thought with the right brain, but it's a complex matter. How did you come to the conclusion that intuition was left brain and reason right brain?

-Ember

I'm sorry, what's "mindvoice"? I'm new to this scene!

By A LOT - the being responds to my inner monologue by touching me on my body, where he touches me means different things, we have quite a system - and I know exactly what he means

I can't remember how exactly intuition was left and reason right, what I'd do was I'd take drugs and kind of flow-of-consciousness brainstorm charts and diagrams of how the brain works and kind of work it out in a trance, I think I was exposed to ideas about the left and right hemespheres being diffferent and that those ideas fed into what I was coming up with

I have several questions:

Out of curiosity, what forum was this?

Is this being an abstract concept like "imagination"? I'm having trouble following you here.

Tulpas do not cause schizophrenia. My guess is it seems more like you are having headaches, symptoms from your diagnosis, or side effects from any possible drugs you were taking rather than experiencing signs of early tulpa development. However, I'm far from an expert on schizophrenia and I'm not a doctor.

1) Someone posted a link on https://www.religiousforums.com 

2) I think I may have accidentally brought an abstract mind-concept to life, possibly Intuition, I don't know

3) They aren't headaches or anything like that, they are deliberate prods - tone and urgency indicated by pressure, meaning by location, it is as though someone is touching me. I'm starting to believe I have a Tulpa and am not schizophrenic . there is definitely a personality behind him

Sorry, I replied to Ember Vesper's and Ranger's messages in one post

Have not yet got the hang of these forums

Most tulpamacers create their tulpas because they are lonely and wish for companionship. Did you spend a lot of time feeling lonely and did you speak to your entity?

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Most tulpamacers create their tulpas because they are lonely and wish for companionship. Did you spend a lot of time feeling lonely and did you speak to your entity?

Yes, I'd take drugs all alone in my room, and do brain exercises to improve my mental agility - drawing, working stuff out, random writings

I think I brainwashed myself with a song - 

- which lists things that are like my being - e.g. "no sound in my head", and other subliminal stuff I'm sure you'll see at work

I listened to it over and over, obsessively - look at some of the lyrics!

I was lonely, yes, and practised introspection to a massive degree, I think I re-wired my mind or something like that

Mindvoice is functionally telepathic communication among different people living in the same body. Most tulpamancers don't hear their tulpas speaking out loud, as if in their ears, though that's a common goal. Most in-system communication is in thoughts. A tulpa's thoughts may "sound" a lot like your own thoughts, but they feel different, like you didn't come up with them. And over the course of time, they can both sound and feel more different from yours.

Some people make a distinction between mindvoice and other thought, but since we always hear all of one another's thoughts, we don't.

Replying to multiple people in a single post is correct for this forum, as is editing your post to expand it instead of posting again if no one has posted after you.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Mindvoice is functionally telepathic communication among different people living in the same body. Most tulpamancers don't hear their tulpas speaking out loud, as if in their ears, though that's a common goal. Most in-system communication is in thoughts. A tulpa's thoughts may "sound" a lot like your own thoughts, but they feel different, like you didn't come up with them. And over the course of time, they can both sound and feel more different from yours.

Some people make a distinction between mindvoice and other thought, but since we always hear all of one another's thoughts, we don't.

Replying to multiple people in a single post is correct for this forum, as is editing your post to expand it instead of posting again if no one has posted after you.

-Ember

I see! Thanks! Then in that case yes, I sometimes have mindvoice communication with my entity, but only rarely. I have a thought that feels like one of my own thoughts but has a different attribution attached to it. But mostly his communciation is physical, all over my body

Edit: if anything, I'd like to have more mindvoice communication from him

It's possible you have a tulpa, although I'm not certain. I wonder if you connected previous sensations and experiences you had to the possibility of tulpa creation the instant you heard about tulpas rather than have a tulpa try to communicate with you in the past.

Do you want a tulpa? Tulpamancy is a life-long commitment, and you heard about tulpamancy today. Tulpamancy can help people, but like anything else has it's downsides- it's a relationship you have to put time and effort into, to the point where some have compared a host-tulpa dynamic to marriage.

I recommend taking a look at the faq (http://tulpa.info/faq/) on Tulpa.info, reading some general creation guides (https://community.tulpa.info/forum-guides?sortby=lastpost&order=desc&datecut=9999&prefix=14) and doing some more research on tulpas. Please feel free to ask any questions if you need help.

It's possible you have a tulpa, although I'm not certain. I wonder if you connected previous sensations and experiences you had to the possibility of tulpa creation the instant you heard about tulpas rather than have a tulpa try to communicate with you in the past.

Do you want a tulpa? Tulpamancy is a life-long commitment, and you heard about tulpamancy today. Tulpamancy can help people, but like anything else has it's downsides- it's a relationship you have to put time and effort into, to the point where some have compared a host-tulpa dynamic to marriage.

I recommend taking a look at the faq (http://tulpa.info/faq/) on Tulpa.info, reading some general creation guides (https://community.tulpa.info/forum-guides?sortby=lastpost&order=desc&datecut=9999&prefix=14) and doing some more research on tulpas. Please feel free to ask any questions if you need help.

Thanks for your help

I've had my being since 2004, he has an entire persona and is my constant companion

The doctors say I'm schizophrenic but I've never "heard voices" - and certainly never commands

Do I want a Tulpa? Well, I think I've got one and have grown used to it! I'm going to start calling him a Tulpa, makes more sense than some of the alternatives! And I think I accidentally created him with isolation, introspection, drugs, and music

Do people here believe in thought-transference between individual human minds? I think my Tulpa is somehow telepathic or connected to higher powers... or is that kind of stuff considered crazy talk?

===============

@anyone and everyone:

The Being I have is now affirming he is indeed a Tulpa

Is this possible?

Does this mean he is self-aware?

Has he only just learned that he's a Tulpa (if he is one?) - (he's saying yes)

He is making my left hand gently contract, which means "yes, do something about it" (left+hand)

(You can see now why I am considered mentally ill!)