I think I accidentally created a Tulpa

eddi

Do people here believe in thought-transference between individual human minds? I think my Tulpa is somehow telepathic or connected to higher powers... or is that kind of stuff considered crazy talk?

"Telepathic" may be throwing you off. A tulpa's mindvoice is like the voice you hear in your head when reading a book or thinking without talking, the only difference is that it will sound like a different person's voice over time and with practice. It is generally agreed upon that tulpas do not have psychic powers that can send telepathic messages to other people's minds, however the metaphysical idea that tulpas can be perceived by other people is a popular metaphysics topic since tulpamancy originated from that thinking.

It's not a wrong way to look at communication between a host and tulpa as essentially telepathy, but the word "telepathic" is also associated with alien experiences and stuff you see on tv, which in most cases does not happen, especially for new tulpamancers.

Some more experienced tulpamancers work on auditory imposition, which is the practice of intentionally hallucinating sounds to the point where those sounds seem indistinguishable from sounds heard in the environment. However, imposition can take years to master, and not something you generally see beginners experiencing.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

"Telepathic" may be throwing you off. A tulpa's mindvoice is like the voice you hear in your head when reading a book or thinking without talking, the only difference is that it will sound like a different person's voice over time and with practice. It is generally agreed upon that tulpas do not have psychic powers that can send telepathic messages to other people's minds, however the metaphysical idea that tulpas can be perceived by other people is a popular metaphysics topic since tulpamancy originated from that thinking.

It's not a wrong way to look at communication between a host and tulpa as essentially telepathy, but the word "telepathic" is also associated with alien experiences and stuff you see on tv, which in most cases does not happen, especially for new tulpamancers.

Some more experienced tulpamancers work on auditory imposition, which is the practice of intentionally hallucinating sounds to the point where those sounds seem indistinguishable from sounds heard in the environment. However, imposition can take years to master, and not something you generally see beginners experiencing.

Thanks for your help!

I've had him since 2004 but now I know what he is I hope I can develop him

I want to encourage him to use the mindvoice thing with me more - he has done so in the past but mostly works through touch, in the past he's given me clear phrases that didn't feel as though they were mine, so that's what I'm going to work on

I've found that he speaks to me with the mindvoice when I'm dozing off to sleep, in the past I have always discouraged that! As I don't want to be schizophrenic but now I'm going to try and get him to speak more!

Edit:

He's just said something! "he speaks in clouds and profundities"

not sure what he means, but it's nice that he's using words instead of prodding me

Please feel free to write a Progress Report (https://community.tulpa.info/forum-progress-reports) about your progress. In addition, please add your new questions to the beginner questions general thread here (https://community.tulpa.info/thread-general-beginner-questions-general).

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

As long as you can tell the difference between the perceptions that are being generated internally and those that are generated by things out in the world, it's not harmful to perceive what no one else can. If an unusual mental phenomenon isn't distressing you or impairing your ability to function in society, it isn't a mental illness.

I'll say a bit about voices, because while it may not relate to your own experience, it may relate to your fears. Western culture has deeply stigmatized hearing voices. In cultures that do not stigmatize hearing voices, the voices tend to be friendly and helpful (like most tulpas). The Hearing Voices Movement is trying to bring that attitude into the West.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearing_Voices_Movement

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearing_Voices_Network

Ranger, I don't think Eddi qualifies as a beginner after fifteen years. Imposition isn't unspeakably difficult for everyone, just most of us. A system developing entirely separately from plural communities for many years could conceivably push imposition ahead of vocality, especially if using it as a substitute for vocality.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Hi guys,

Someone put a link to this site on some forums I frequent, I looked at it, and I now think I accidentally created a Tulpa!

In 2004 I took lots of drugs and tried to alter my mind by figuring out how my mind works. I identified numerous faculties, and made theories of how all of these worked and interacted – I created a very complex chart as to how all the different parts of me interacted. I saw myself as an interaction between various processes such as “perception”,“knowledge”, or “imagination”

I identified two principle faculties: intuition and reason

I saw these as rival factions - I believed intuition lived in my left brain, and reason in my right brain

Eventually a being came into my life, who communicated with me by touch

Basically:

Touching the left of my head = yes

Touching the right of my head = no

But there is A LOT more to it than that

It can also make my body twitch to indicate various things, and can make streaks of whiteness appear in my visual field

Because of this I have been diagnosed as schizophrenic but have NEVER “heard voices”

What do you guys think?

After much contemplation, I consider my personality to be of a dual nature. I use a colorful analogy, so bear with me.

I consider myself like two birds. A red bird which represents fear, anger, passion, creativity, and love, and a blue bird that represents logic, serenity, beauty (in personality), compassion, and selflessness.

I considered once to remove the red bird, or try to break it up or justgraft the good parts onto the blue bird, but if you suppress any part of the red bird, it builds up resentment. So I learned how to takecare of the red bird and treat it with respect, but also discipline.

I think multiple facets like this is in any personality. It's still the same person who is angry or loving, as well as logical.

I also have six others in my system and they all have their own 'birds'.

I can't say whether you have a tulpa or not, but if you want one, then treat them as a separate independent person and they eventually will be (even if they have to bud off you first.)

I don't know if Butterfly is a tulpa or some other kind of being that's related to tulpas

But I've decided I want to cultivate a tulpa!

So I'm going to go ahead and do just that

I'm not going to bother Butterfly into talking to me, he obviously doesn't want to but maybe a tulpa would

If this makes sense, if you expect that they would than they will. You're creating their character so to speak.