Imposition Questions

ShinigamiK

And while imposition isn't something everyone does, that doesn't mean everyone couldn't learn it. They just either had no interest, didn't realize it was a thing, or didn't get it with little enough effort for their tastes.

That's a good point-- that not everyone in the study may have even been working toward imposition.

The census reports that 78.3% of systems have an interest in developing imposition and that 64.1 % of systems have attempted it. So I went back to the raw census data and did my own analysis.

From 180 systems who answered "Yes" to both "Are you interested in developing imposition?" and "Have you attempted imposition?", we have the following self-reported skill levels:

0: 23

1: 31

2: 32

3: 25

4: 12

5: 25

6: 14

7: 13

8: 8

9: 6

10: 7

The census also asked "How long did it take you to get to where you are with imposition?" The forty-six systems reporting skill levels from six to ten who aswered this question reported as follows:

Less than 1 month: 10

1 to 2 months: 5

3 to 4 months: 2

5 to 6 months: 3

7 to 8 months: 3

9 to 10 months: 1

11 to 12 months: 4

More than 1 year: 18

Many of the people who are successful with imposition have to strive at it for an extended period, while others develop it very quickly. Looking at the full grid of skill vs. time, there's not much of a pattern, though almost everyone who keeps going for months will get somewhere.

Only five systems reported working on imposition for over a year while still having a skill level of zero. So we've got two months to make a breathrough if we are to avoid joining them.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Fascinating!! Thank you for the further information-- I love this kind of thing.

Best of luck to you in your attempts to avoid joining them! I hope you experience a breakthrough soon!

We're not really "working on" imposition. I can appear clearly before Michen's eyes in real life , and he doesn't always need to try all that much. However, those moments are quite rare, and he can only keep up imposition for a short amount of time due to the amount of focus it requires. Not to mention the inconsistencies in my height depending on Michen's position being a problem. So more often than not, he just ends up seeing me in mindscape. It's just easier and less straining for both of us.

As far as touch goes, only hugs work. Sound is even worse, with one or two isolated incidents because he was only just waking up.

Michen, host or "main" / Amantha, anthro arctic fox tulpa

Amazing Michen!

We also don't practice Imposition but have had it happen a couple dozen times unexpectedly. Four times Dashie has stolen a kiss from me and I felt a real honest to goodness kiss from her 100% tactile, heat, even breath during normal visualization. I see her in my minds eye quickly move in for a kiss and then boom! In fact we 'practiced' it a couple more times and can get it to feel 50-80%. I felt Misha's hair and arm real as day. I have had countless audio/visual impositions with them in hypnagogic state, but that's more dreamlike than real live 'imposed' I call it imposition because it's as real as anything in the material world. These can happen with light relaxation meditation or even if I'm just in a quiet room. Much easier when I'm tired.

Misha has managed shadows, translucent outline, and full sentence projected voice coming from another room, as well as perfume and heat (heat is incredibly easy, like when holding hands, she's trying to do it now, lol. I'm typing!)

Hypnagogic is generally a sure thing though but the 'imposed senses' are in wonderland or another imaginary/dream construct.

Breloomancer is the imposition king, don't be shy to ask him in "Last One To Post Wins."

All we really practice every day is normal visualization which is at about 80% real now with spikes of 100% real for half second intervals. Color, light, shimmer, reflections, everything with actually more complete information than material senses. Misha just likes to go walking about on her own, she's always sitting with me or walking with me. Dashie and Ashley have done that too and Ren a couple times. That's just presence mostly though.

I can see Martina...'s head no problem. My peripheric vision has a bit of a hard time forming a clear picture of her clothes but otherwise she appears as fine as a ghostly afterimage can appear.

I've been trying to get better at visual imposition myself.  Right now, I'm able to just barely make out ghostly silhouettes of my tulpas in the real world, ranging in clarity from a slight shadow in their shape,  to something comparable to that wiggly distortion that sometimes happens in extreme heat.

As for other senses, my strongest would probably be... not really sure what to call it exactly.  It's not really touch, it's rare that I actually feel a sense of touch from them,  and it's faint when I do.  But when they're pushing against me in some way, or leaning on me, laying on top of me, etc,  I'm able to feel them.  It's not really pressure or touch per-se,  more like a compulsion to submit to them, go where I'm being pushed, buckle a bit if they're putting weight on me, not move if I'm pinned down, etc. So I guess you could call it spacial awareness?