Parroting Tulpas responses

urali

My Tulpa is pretty young, i parrot her responses based on her personality, although sometimes the responses feel alien and differently styled, like its not by me, i've been wondering is it wrong to parrot responses like that my Tulpa says how much she loves me etc, or would it be selfish and controlling?

[Evergreen] If you are parroting her and getting responses you don't expect, I am suspicious if you are actually parroting her. I'm not sure what you mean by "alien", I'm assuming it means a response that feels different from your own. Listening for those responses is not parroting and it will help your tulpa become more independent.

On the other hand, worrying if you are controlling your tulpa to love you may be frustrating in of itself for both you and your tulpa. It is okay to assume your tulpa loves you.

It would only be controlling if you were deliberately forcing them to feel things against their will. If your tulpa tells you they don't like it, then I would stop. Otherwise, you're not doing anything wrong.

[Evergreen] If you are parroting her and getting responses you don't expect, I am suspicious if you are actually parroting her. I'm not sure what you mean by "alien", I'm assuming it means a response that feels different from your own. Listening for those responses is not parroting and it will help your tulpa become more independent.

On the other hand, worrying if you are controlling your tulpa to love you may be frustrating in of itself for both you and your tulpa. It is okay to assume your tulpa loves you.

It would only be controlling if you were deliberately forcing them to feel things against their will. If your tulpa tells you they don't like it, then I would stop. Otherwise, you're not doing anything wrong.

Sometimes i'm sure that i'm parroting, but i come up with the responses wich dont feel like my own, its hard to explain, I just dont want to force my Tulpa or to feel her trapped.

try talking to her without parroting and see if she responds. if she doesn't then she is probably not sentient yet, but if she does then she is sentient and you should stop

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Sometimes i'm sure that i'm parroting, but i come up with the responses wich dont feel like my own, its hard to explain, I just dont want to force my Tulpa or to feel her trapped.

Parroting and a young tulpa's responses can be hard to differentiate sometimes. A young tulpa can say things you feel like are a little bit you because a young tulpa is using you as a template for themself and will add to it over time.

If your tulpa says something and you're not sure if it was them, go ahead and ask them again. If they say it was them, I would believe them. It's possible they are still trying to separate themself from you and need more forcing time.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

i've been wondering is it wrong to parrot responses like that my Tulpa says how much she loves me etc, or would it be selfish and controlling?

I mean, creating your tulpa tends to fall upon you, so until they're clearly independent and able to exist without your controlling them, I guess everything is fair game. It could be debated whether making a tulpa obsessed with you is healthy or not, though. If you feel bad about it, you could tone it down just a little, you know.

A healthy and long-lasting love doesn't stay in the obsessive phase for very long, it's much more casual.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Do your best from the beginning to make a person you want to spend the rest of your life with. Once they're independent, they probably won't allow you to keep tinkering.

On the other hand, parroting specifically loving statements may not be necessary. If someone who sees you from the inside could ever see you as remotely loveable, propinquity will step in.

Parroting isn't intrinsically harmful even in very large quantities, but if you're already getting alien responses, it may not be necessary or productive.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit