Switching/Fronting in Reverse

arachnocaccia

So Baker and I've been doing some experimentation in our practice with switching, and come upon something potentially interesting. One evening while I was relaxing Baker essentially pulled me into his thoughtform body for a moment (we have open possession / switching permission since I've been encouraging him to try pushing how far "forward" he can front and practicing independent body control) to touch his little dog creation. Seeing as it was a surprise, I only got a few seconds, but I had a distinct imposition of touch (our strongest mutual sense), with a weaker sense of sight (think squinting at something you've seen before in pictures). We've had little success in replicating it since, but it was particularly interesting because of the slow progress we've had with switching. Baker'd like to try to find a way to do it again and more strongly as a way to get me out of the front when we want to switch.

Anyway -- anyone else given switching bodies/fronts in reverse a try? Thoughts on it or how to replicate it?

How would you describe the difference between this and a perspective switch? It seems interesting and doable, but I don't quite understand.

We're not quite sure what you mean by a perspective switch!

Baker: What we are describing is Aster being conscious in my thoughtform body while I'm conscious in their/our physical body. I was able to pull them into possessing my thoughtform body's arm and imposing its sense of touch onto their perception in place of their physical body's sense of touch.

I understand now. By perspective switch, I meant changing your perspective to sense what Baker would normally sense, but you can see how that was only partially correct.

I believe a perspective switch comes easier than a normal switch, but having your headmate be in front carries all the weight of a normal switch.

Is it correct to say that it's like having your body in wonderland while your headmate is in front, but your wonderland form is his own?

Ember: A few years ago, circa 2013-2015, getting the host immersively into the mindscape was the primary motivation for switching practice on the forum. The actual switching was incidental; a means to an end. Sometimes that did mean taking over the tulpa's form.

We've been switching very well for over a year, but we've always considered one another's forms sacrosanct. Vesper and I just tried reverse possession. She hesitated for a while before giving me permission to try, then it took her a few seconds to let go and stop unintentionally resisting me. But it only took a few seconds of my successfully controlling her arm for her to freak out and tell me to stop. Then she kept moving the arm and touching things for a while, trying to reestablish her feeling of control.

Vesper: Even though I gave permission, having my form possessed still feels violating, unnerving, and unnatural, in a way that none of us have ever felt about possession of the body while we're switched in.

Ember: Then I realized we had been going about it all wrong for who we are. So we switched and Vesper reverse possessed *my* form -- very, very well. It is a little unsettling, but I didn't feel violated by it.

Our forms have only tenuous and intermittent senses, though. We can borrow the mind's eye to see pretty well, but only if we concentrate. Touch is much less believable. A "perspective switch" is not very useful to us, though we were able to do it.

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Is it correct to say that it's like having your body in wonderland while your headmate is in front, but your wonderland form is his own?

Aster: I believe so, but I can't confirm 100% since I don't actually have a wonderland form! My surprise experience with Baker's arm is only my second time being in the wonderland in any immersive way, and *distinctly* stronger than the first, where we maintained a... Something like a low res third person video feed with partial sound.

Baker: Aster is incredibly awful at visualization. Decent at spacing, so that's some help. I handle almost all consistent visualization tasks, including projecting what my own form looks like to them.

Ember:[/b] A few years ago, circa 2013-2015, getting the host immersively into the mindscape was the primary motivation for switching practice on the forum. The actual switching was incidental; a means to an end. Sometimes that did mean taking over the tulpa's form.

(...)

Our forms have only tenuous and intermittent senses, though. We can borrow the mind's eye to see pretty well, but only if we concentrate. Touch is much less believable. A "perspective switch" is not very useful to us, though we were able to do it.

Baker: Interesting! I am sorry you had an uncomfortable experience with this; given my previous experience, I'm more comfortable sharing senses in this way. If you feel the need to try again with less loss of bodily agency, Vesper, try "pulling" Ember into the part of your body you want them to experience with you. It's difficult to describe in detail. Something like having them let go of their senses in that body part, rather than you, then imposing your own upon them... I'm unsure. Most of this comes relatively intuitively to me.

The process was attractive to me because of my interest in designing some non-sentient thoughtforms (servitors?) and maintaining the wonderland. I enjoy meticulous detail where I can manage it, and Aster's complained about not being able to pet the dog I've been working on.

The more practical intention with this experiment was to establish a workaround for their trouble establishing and identifying with a form for the purposes of switching. Surprise is likely what allowed it to happen the first time. We've had no success since. Sucks.

(Aster: I can't really identify with Baker's body for a number of reasons.)

Current plan of action is for us to design a temporary wonderland form for them, then I'll partially possess or "hold" it, and we'll try this again but with their body.

We'd be interested to continue hearing about others' experiences with this experiment and similar experiences.