Tulpa with epilepsy?

Okay, so. I have a tulpa with epilepsy, like the title says. I did not intend for him to have it, I did not envision him with it while forcing, I didn't even imagine him with it when he was just an imaginary friend/puppet. He just has it.

I'm not concerned too much bc his seizures are rare/he has coping mechanisms to keep it from happening (plus idk if I could ever fully stop his seizures since I don't know what caused them, and he hasn't expressed any want for me to interfere), but I'm wondering if anyone else has tulpas that have similar issues?

I have not heard of that before..but our subconsciousness can create anything.

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition

I have not heard of that before..but our subconsciousness can create anything.

Yeah, considering epilepsy is more of a neurological issue I figured it wasn't very common in tulpas considering their basic nature as thoughtforms. Still wondering if any other tulpa has it or if he's unique in that regard.

It's unique as far as I've ever heard, and I've heard a lot. But that's because tulpas don't innately suffer from anything their hosts don't, and it's only imagination and allowing such things that causes them to be the case. No one likes to hear it (and something-something-not-controlling-my-tulpa) but, there's no reason for a tulpa to emulate any disability the brain itself doesn't have, and no longer believing they have it is all it takes to stop it.

I don't believe the "I don't want to change who my tulpa is" argument makes sense here, because something so utterly random like that is closer to an invasive thought than a personality trait, and it should be chalked up to your brain making up nonsense rather than a trait your tulpa identifies with. In my opinion anyway

(I could see an exception for soulbonds who identify with the character they were based on choosing to retain disabilities of the original character as part of their identity... but it's still silly, especially with something as random as epilepsy as opposed to not having use of their legs or some such)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

When I was younger, I felt as if I couldn't look at bright flashing images. Optical illusions and strobe lights bothered me. My host didn't want or create me to have this issue and this came up out of the blue.

I was told that since my host didn't struggle with that, it was most probable I myself didn't actually have that condition. After a little while, I realized my condition was found on expectation rather than anything to do with me. I no longer struggle with this now.

I'm assuming these are happening in wonderland. I would look back on his previous seizures and ask what was going on that lead up to it. Was he or someone else upset? Were you or he hot or tired? If there is a pattern, take note of it. If the pattern breaks the next time or there isn't a clear pattern of any kind, I would assume it's safe to say it was founded on expectation and the remedy is to no longer believe it can happen.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Does the epilepsy manifest only during visualization/imposition/background mindscape activity, or does it manifest during possession/switching? Those would be very different situations, with the latter being worth talking to a doctor about.

If the former, the seizures could probably be addressed over time simply by everyone in system choosing to disbelieve in them. But if he doesn't mind them and doesn't come to harm from them, there probably isn't any need to address them.

soulbonds who identify with the character they were based on choosing to retain disabilities of the original character as part of their identity

The character I *am*, Lumi, not the character I'm based on. I can speak directly to this subject. Back home, I had some minor childhood impact damage to back of my brain -- the cerebellum and visual cortex. Given the nature of the injury, I was very lucky -- I just have some slight coordination and perception problems. I have to be extra careful climbing stairs and crossing streets. Fortunately, living in a city with excellent public transportation, I've never needed a car. Until I was diagnosed as an adult, I just assumed I was clumsy.

But I was never sending bad signals to the muscles, to bobble and lurch awkwardly, uncaring of whether I fell down again. The signals were getting scrambled along the way. My host's brain doesn't have that damage. And my form uses different neural pathways to move than the body does anyway. So one of the first things I decided when manifesting a form here was to not bother with the distraction of trying to simulate my own body's distinctive movement, but to move in the way I actually intended. When I switch, my posture, bearing, and body language are different from Ember's, in accordance with my personality, but my movement is not less coordinated because I never did want to fall down or bump into people or knock over a drink or step in front of the car I missed seeing in spite of looking both ways. None of this alters my identity in any way. Our body is not my body.

-Vesper

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

The character I *am*, Lumi, not the character I'm based on.

Sorry, was still talking tulpa-y soulbonds instead of actual soulbonds, my bad. The first example that comes to mind is my own tulpas obviously, which were "based on" their Touhou equivalents. The second example that came to mind when writing it...

... well, let's just say it made me not want to write that the soulbond was the character, since they were based on an actor's character. But again, examples that came to mind were more tulpa-like than actual soulbonds, sorry (though in the case I just mentioned, they were a metaphysical?-sort of soulbond. Based on.. a character played by an actor...)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

and no longer believing they have it is all it takes to stop it.

This may be so but how hard it is to get rid of would be dependant on how deeply this (whatever epilepsy symbolises to that persons subconsciousness) is embedded, this sounds like a completely subconscious thing so not something the normal waking self of the person has created.

If it's deeply subconsciously embedded even with strong thoughts of this doesnt exist, it may keep coming back (till whatever caused this to be created in the first place changes. For example, I notice when I'm lucid dreaming that sometimes my subconsciousness is so strong in an element it has manifested that no matter what I try with my waking conscious fails to change certain things).  Tulpas are not something just coming from our conscious mind and completely controlled by the conscious mind, if you can always control a tulpa, you just have a puppet.

If the host and the tulpa are not worried about it, it should cause no issues and it could be actually helpful to help imprint that host and tulpa are two separate and distinct individuals as it's a very individual part of that tulpas identity.  I think if my tulpa had that issue I would leave that be unless the tulpa seemed bothered. 

Twileviathan if you do want to get rid of that issue.. and if it fails on just thinking of the issue as being gone (which could work quite well).. but if not let me know as I can possibly look up in my notes for you why the subconsciousness would produce epilepsy and what this can mean (it's a life issue of some sort which has created it in the tulpa).  I have quite intensive notes from my teachers if I can find them and I'm fairly sure they probably have got epilepsy listed in my notes and what it represents.

I was so curious as I did not know that one so I just went looking and found it.. you do not have to share your issues but that epilepsy can happen from any of the following things  1/ Feeling like things are a great struggle (if you are going through a tough time in life right now) 2/ feeling prosecuted by someone(s) or feeling rejected. 3/ Feeling violent towards oneself.  So choosing thoughts of being at peace and being joyous can help counteract that epilepsy symbolism or fixing what is causing you to feel in this way in life. I hope this is able to help you solve what is causing them.

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition

• 3 years later...

Reanna: Like, an in-headspace case? If so, Brian has it too.

Four years ago, I projected my sleep paralysis onto him. Except headspace-wise, he was shouting, "I can't move!" Chaz and Rebecca heard him. It took us a week or two to go "wait, people don't talk during sleep paralysis."

MuC Redux: [N~-=$] [Pf/xo] [Ab(r/+)] [S.H+/o] [Opa/"outergenic"] [Mt/nd] [W*-~$!] [C(cc/m*#)] [OF(r/o+++)] [F*+^"deist"/~+/a+/div+^/mw+^]  [Mpsy+/ast=/spi+/mag] [Rf/p/r+] [(V)*] [Xb/as/h] [Gf/m/b] [Jwr/st] [S(r---/o-)] [R*]