[ARCHIVE] Timer's Tulpa Thread: Five Tulpas, One Host, and A Floating Island

TimerBunneh

1/7/20: This is a a very different and difficult update to make. One, there's hardly anything about my tulpas to be mentioned here, with the exception of my mind's eye being discovered to be exceptionally susceptible to influence and a mass presence imposition from everyone this morning. (Oh, and that entity that Mamoru went through the while split-merge deal with? It's back. I've reluctantly accepted it as a tulpa. I'm stuck with it, because I get infuriated at the very idea of dissipation. Though it is insistent on protecting me...) Two, this is likely the last update for the foreseeable future.

See, there's a reason why I've not been updating much at all: so much of what has been happening lately can be seen as fantastical. I am trying so hard to adhere to .info's scientific mindset that I cannot say much of anything without me also risking my sensitive side by the mere suggestion of someone even lightly suggesting that what I experience(d) isn't real. (I'm not talking meta-levels, either--when I say fantastical, I mean this belongs in creative writing.)

So...I guess that's that. I'm sorry this couldn't have lasted much longer, and I truly wish it could have. Gave me a nice place to jot down things, and some of yall seemed interested too. But some things just come to an end all of a sudden, and this PR is one of them.

Thanks to all of you that kept up.

--Timer

PR Thread | Q&A Thread (Tulpas Only) | I'm on the Discord as Timer

My tulpas type in many different colors!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to see you go, both personally, as I've become invested in your story, and for the sake of "science". I've tried these past fifteen months to encourage everyone to report their experiences with openness, precision, and sincerity, regardless of how unique and extreme. I believe that continuing to advance the art of tulpamancy and possibly put it on a scientific basis requires thorough consideration of outlying experiences. If the only experiences people feel comfortable admitting to are those that conform to the current party line understanding of how tulpamancy works, nothing new can be discovered.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit