Longbow's Tulpamancy Guide

longbow

Question

Hello,

I would like to submit my full-length video guide for approval. This guide is intended to be a complete guide to all basic tulpamancy skills as well as a guide to developing a tulpa.  The video series spans 10 videos and (hopefully) encapsulates all the required knowledge and training one needs to be successful when developing a tulpa.

This guide has a different structure than other guides as I place an emphasis on learning skills such as meditation, visualization, and wonderland creation before getting into tulpa development.  The philosophy behind this decision is to encourage the tulpamancer gain competency in these mental skills so that they are better prepared when it comes time to develop and interact with with a young, forming tulpa.  Another reason for this structure is that is allows the tulpa development process to be more centered on "finding" a tulpa while immersed in their wonderland as opposed to "forcing" the tulpa into existence.  I feel that this can be a more natural process for beginners that struggle with doubts or lack of confidence in their abilities. It allows the tulpamancer to let the tulpa form their personality, form and voice on their own as opposed to being chosen from them from the start.

To be clear: it is not my intention to imply this method is superior or more effective than more traditional methods; it's merely a method that I prefer using. I feel that there are others that might also prefer using the methods described in this guide. I have two tulpas, one of which was created through more traditional forcing techniques, and one of which was created through the method in this guide.

For more details about this, please view Overview and Section 7.

Below is the link to the playlist with all of the videos in it. (If you would like all videos separately linked, please let me know and I'll edit)

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Video Transcriptions:

Introduction

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RZ26qlmXKO7Huc-7fXbBZh4raI4okDosJw0EORVHC8s

Overview

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dUEZn3DVVdpR7kyZT2V2lOtIDMYKOzyatlipzJLIKYc

Section 1: Sitting with your Thoughts

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zmtVgIhlT1VYnOdNv1NzJP2K-CBNLRBi0IFvn9_wzS8.

Section 2: Meditation

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DzljaVrZVKtKGUF9q1_QTUuCSL5mns7P-h-99h_fmao

Section 3: Visualization

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10WSDBIKWj5FRabk54gsq021P9u-Ud4Pfa3Wp7pr2HuY

Section 4: Auralization

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qbu_YK5oLMCx2wHcDIFctx0gK9xTPV5xMgmM7l7SOFk

Section 5: Wonderland Scenes

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OmPb_r76uELr28HtA0FPNbUoQVz0f6QajEqDHD_cNDQ

Section 6: Immersive Wonderlands

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H0yfVh77YT2hhGbugEADAYwicOarLkyRd8YLAkqg_W4

Section 7: Finding a Proto-Tulpa

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1d74_4O_ecBzrgd80XSFcTpXnNa7MhYusS-aME2fexfk

Section 8: Tulpa Development

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aPzAbUkkGW0ZPeojYMufAjfTbYTmDQ7ajLfXSkxcqfc

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

For anyone else who would like to post in regards to Abvieon's comment, please post here in this thread. Please only post in this thread if you are longbow, reporting your experiences with this guide, commenting on a GAT member's review, or leaving a review of your own.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Hello again everyone. First, I'd like to say thank you very much for putting in the time and effort to review my guide. I know that it's a tedious and boring process, especially with a guide this long.  So thank you, I genuinely do appreciate the criticism.

That being said, I knew going in that this guide would most likely not be accepted. My focus was on innovation. To create something that broke norms in the hopes of improvement. A natural part of this is failure, and where I have failed, your criticisms have brought this to light. This is the reason I submitted the guide, so again, thank you.

However, another natural part of innovation is simply being misunderstood. I feel like this happened quite a few times, so allow me to clarify some things:

You are making a distinction between tulpas and humans when there is none.

You are correct. To me and you there is no significant distinction. We tulpas and hosts have grown to understand this through our own experiences and reasoning. However, the guide is intended for people who have not experienced tulpas, and therefore have not fully grasped this concept.  I used "human" instead of "host" in the introduction in order to explain things in a way that a newcomer might better relate to. That's all. This was not intended to draw a significant distinction between tulpas and hosts, and I doubt that a novice tulpamancer would hold onto this belief for very long. Once they have a tulpa that demonstrates consciousness comprable to their own, they would have no reason to do so.

There is too much fluff in the guide that doesn't relate to tulpamancy.

This was a stylistic choice that I made. Some people might not like a lot of the long introductions to sections and that's fine. The main reasons for this was that I wanted to release it as an audio guide. For audio guides, especially when released on YouTube, I feel that they become more listenable if there's some flavor added in.  If it was all dry information, then it would be a bit harder to sit through. Another reason for this was that I tried to evoke experiences that the listener may have already had to help them relate to the material better.

The guide rambles on too much with explanations.

I agree that there are many places where things could be condensed and streamlined. However, when I wrote this guide I made a conscious effort to err on the side of too much explanation rather than too little. Remember that this is a guide intended for people who are entirely new to the concepts and idea presented. Sometimes if you explain things only once it doesn't really stick in people's heads, so explaining it a few times in different ways helps to get them to understand it better. To tulpamancers who already understand the concepts already, this is tedious, but to newcomers it might be just the thing they needed to hear/read.

Tulpas go dormant/inactive when they are not being paid attention to. They do not go to the wonderland.

Many tulpamancers report that a tulpa can exist and interact with a wonderland on their own without the host's attention.  Does this mean they always do it? No. Most of the time I feel that tulpas do go inactive/dormant when they are left alone. However, I do believe that they can do so, and in the early stages of development this can be encouraged if possible. I could argue about what this means, about parallel processing and all that. But I won't do that here. Instead, I'll just pose a thought. If a tulpa and host both believe that the tulpa is existing in a wonderland when they are not given attention, when in fact they are actually dormant, does this present some danger or harm to them? I don't see how it could.

In the end, the tulpa and host will believe what is true for their subjective experience. What I say in my guide is what I believe to be true through my own experiences and the second-hand experiences of others.  It is no more or less valid than your own.

Creating a tulpa by validating an intrusive thought is dangerous and leads to uncapped system growth.

On the contrary, I feel that it would actually help inhibit unexpected system growth.  In my guide, I explain how to test an "intrusive thought" for signs of conscious behavior. I then explain how they can decide to continue interaction with the entity or dismiss it. Through this, I explain more or less how the process of developing the intrusive thought into consciousness occurs. The tulpamancer knows how the process happens.

Consider instead a host that created a tulpa through more traditional methods. When they experience an intrusive thought that seems to exhibit conscious behavior, they have no way of knowing what's going on. They would naturally be curious and continue to give the thought more and more attention until it develops to the point of becoming a tulpa.  If they knew they were doing this, it could have been avoided. However, they did not have this knowledge until it's already happening.

Tulpas cannot form without forcing them, suggesting that they can form from intrusive thoughts is incorrect.

This means that accidental tulpas, or tulpas that have come about from creative writing are not valid. I do not agree with this. Accidental tulpas and walk-ins exist and have been reported by many people.

You could perhaps argue that these tulpas come about because they were performing forcing exercises without knowing, and this is something that really gets to the very heart of why I decided to create this guide. In my guide, I am trying to get novice tulpamancers to perform forcing exercises without really knowing that they doing something considered "forcing". They are encouraged to narrate, listen for responses and give attention to a forming tulpa without being explicitly told that it's considered forcing.

The guide is deceptive.

I don't think it's fair to call it deceptive.  I merely put forth suggestions that are intended to help invoke a mindset beneficial for tulpa creation. In section 7 I put a lot of suggestions into the head of the listener/reader. The big one is "your tulpa is already there." This isn't a lie, as I do genuinely believe that at this point their tulpa should already somewhat developed either consciously or subconsciously. The suggestions are there to help spur them along past that point of getting their first good response. I don't believe they would be harmful as they are already almost 2 hours into the guide at this point. If they did not want a tulpa they would have stopped a long time ago.