IP based bans.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

So we all know that Freddy Lass has been banned recently. I've only been banned once (shout out to my homie Phi), but I have to wonder, how do the bans work?

If they operate by accounts, then nothing is stopping Freddy from simply logging out, and then making a new account, which he appears to have been doing. So if it's account based, why not use IP address bans instead.

If that's already in place (I didn't check), please implement it.

Guest Anonymous

I thought you were using something like that. So you'll just keep making accounts till you drop?

Eh heh, well, no. But as long as you are, could you hold your ribcage open for a bit? I can't seem t--

If you evade bans, we will permaban you!

Moderators can only ban accounts, Pleeb has to be the one to ban the IP. Even if we want to ban an account, unless it's an ad-bot, spambot, novelty account, or multiple accounts, we have to go through a discussion with other moderators before we can actually execute the ban. If the account is a troll account, we're only allowed to mute them. Liu Bei's ban was actually just lifted earlier today because I never went through the proper procedures, I just banned him after finding a thread of his on 4chan that had incredible inconsistencies with his posts here, but were still trolling (He was raped by a tulpa of Hanako from Katawa Shoujo that he made in 200 hours, just two days after he claimed not to have a tulpa on these forums). There's some controversy going on about whether we have to discuss banning people who request a ban.

It's more complicated than just clicking the large ban button on your profile.

No, we can warn when we want to, but we have to send a message to the user indicating why they were warned. There are also guidelines indicating how much of a % we can give you for certain things, and how long we can make them last before they are lifted.