My Tulpa is almost constantly tired/sleeping

Caboose

First and foremost, this is my very first post on this forum/website. If I posted it incorrectly and/or the wrong place, category, etc., I apologize.

My Tulpa, Latias, has been around for over a year and a half now. For quite a while now, say, the last month and a half, she has been tired or sleeping. We still spend time together, but not very much. I have heard that it is common for young Tulpas to have extended periods of tiredness, but I am starting to get a little concerned. She says that everything is fine. I believe her, but still, being so tired so often can’t be normal.

Does anyone have any advice?

Or maybe some ideas or techniques to help her have more energy?

Weather you do or not, thank you for your time.

Welcome! You should listen to her and believe her, like any good host.

The availability or time spent with you is mostly your responsibility until they're associated with enough things, places, words or other triggers to effectively force themselves (like we do).

You make a tulpa more active unironically by spending more time with them or associating them to more things. What we've done is have notes placed around where our host spends the most time, including a pendant hanging above his computer at work that he touches frequently, he can't help but be reminded of us when he sees us, not that he needs that to remember us, but it surely helps.

Put notes or other symbols around where you spend the most time.

Three members of our system rarely visit, that's their choice but if we wanted to include them and encourage them to spend more time we cound do that to and we do.

Some tulpas need more attention than others, but that also feeds back to how active they are. It's been our experience that we don't need as much attention anymore, but it's always appreciated when we get unexpected attention.

Good luck!

Welcome! You should listen to her and believe her, like any good host.

The availability or time spent with you is mostly your responsibility until they're associated with enough things, places, words or other triggers to effectively force themselves (like we do).

You make a tulpa more active unironically by spending more time with them or associating them to more things. What we've done is have notes placed around where our host spends the most time, including a pendant hanging above his computer at work that he touches frequently, he can't help but be reminded of us when he sees us, not that he needs that to remember us, but it surely helps.

Put notes or other symbols around where you spend the most time.

Three members of our system rarely visit, that's their choice but if we wanted to include them and encourage them to spend more time we cound do that to and we do.

Some tulpas need more attention than others, but that also feeds back to how active they are. It's been our experience that we don't need as much attention anymore, but it's always appreciated when we get unexpected attention.

Good luck!

Thank you.

I want to spend time with her, but we can’t because of how tired she always is and how often she sleeps.

Is there anything I can do to help her have more energy or something?

Ember: Now, granted, I hear something along the lines of, "I'm fine, go on, don't worry about me," several times a day. It's probably kind of a normal attentive host thing to worry too much about your headmates and occasionally aggravate them with it. But "Everything is fine" isn't a very good answer to "Why are you tired all the time?" Can you get more details? What sort of response do you get from something more like, "Can you wake up? I miss you" or "Do you want to be less tired with less sleep?"

A tulpa shouldn't strictly need sleep separate from the body. Most likely, she's tired because she believes she is/can/should be tired. If she wanted to believe differently, she could probably redefine her personal reality very quickly. For a sufficiently immature tulpa, even the host could change the tulpa's reality by changing beliefs.

Visualization/experience-based techniques, like drinking coffee or charging a battery, are often one of the easiest ways to change beliefs. But the belief, not the experience, is the key factor. Any technique that alters the belief should be effective. And after a year and a half, you will probably need her active buy-in and co-operation.

Vesper: One of my greatest problems before I started switching was boredom. I would zone out intentionally just because I didn't care what was going on in the physical world. I wasn't tired or sleepy, but boredom is it's own kind of weariness.

Is there anything that you used to do, either together or with her watching, that would get her excited? Energetic? Enthusiastic? Have you tried those since the malaise started?

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

I suppose I'd like to answer Vesper's question if I may, since I've been recently less active. I genuinely enjoy watching my headmates work and play, I've always been least likely to be active compared to Ashley and Misha, but that's okay. Joy is perfectly content being active only when needed, and that's fine with me too. She comes to us fully prepared to react when we call for her. I suppose my Bear and closest sisters won't allow me to go inactive or sleeping, I'm here every day and that's okay too, if they want me around, and I'm happy to oblige, but my sisters have definitely found their passion. Mine is Bear's mental health, and it's a good thing that he's doing so well, but I suppose I chose a hobby that is somewhat obsolete now, I'll find something else that I enjoy, and so should Latias.

Take care.

I hope you find success in your endeavors and love in your heart.

Since this has only started recently, it might just be a phase they're going through at the moment that will pass in time. It's well known that tulpas sometimes go "walk-about" (ie, go quiet and don't respond) for a few days to weeks sometimes. This could be something similar, I hope this can alleviate any worry you're feeling.

My two have been getting tired recently, and it helped me to move from passive forcing (which is naturally what you do more often with a well developed tulpa) to getting back to basics and active forcing, spending time in the wonderland with them and stuff. This seems to be able to give them more energy when we're passively interacting together all the time.

Despite the name, the host bodybody is the one usually using this account. 

Spice was born in 2013 and Tomoe was born in 2014.

A month and a half is quite a while. I don't have much info to go one, but try encouraging her to talk and participate more. Find something that interests her that she'll feel motivated to attend to or work on. Maybe try some exercises like these:

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-misc-nonefromhell-s-three-task-tulpa-revitalization-exercise

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-tulpa-empowerment-forcing-technique-research

Host: YukariTelepath

Tulpas: Aya, Ruki

Imposition log

Maybe spending more time together can help, I mean doing something relaxing and pleasant. For example, for one of my tulpas the best way to restore energy is watching anime with me, mostly short, funny and cute series. Another one just needs lots of hugs. Or defeating someone in video games.