Malevolent Tulpae

Kadoh

Well I guess it all depends on how much control your tulpa would have over your body. I'd think, other than making you kill yourself, they'd have to have more control of your body than most people have of their own.

For instance, it's possible to tell your own heart to stop beating.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For instance, it's possible to tell your own heart to stop beating.
1. Orly?

2. I wouldn't even attempt it.

If you evade bans, we will permaban you!

1. Orly?

2. I wouldn't even attempt it.

1. Yes, rly

2. It wouldn't be a good idea.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

1. Yes, rly

2. It wouldn't be a good idea.

1. No, rly, it isn't possible.

2. Try it if you want; willing your heart to stop will slow it at best.

brain-basic_and_limbic.gif

The first reason is that the mechanisms that control your internal organs are located in the center and base of your brain, which are very basic hormonal and electrochemical regulators compared to the cortex. They make your heart beat, lungs draw breath, stomach churn, and your kidneys filter your blood without you having to think about them. That's because they're largely independent of your thoughts to begin with. How does it make any sense for a living thing to be able to will itself to die? What logical purpose does that serve?

The second reason is that the muscles in your heart generate their own electrical impulse that causes rhythmic contractions.. To some extent, your heart can work independently from your brain. I've even taken an animal physiology class where we removed the heart from a freshly killed frog, and that sucker kept on beating through 6 tests lasting a solid half hour.

TL;DR: There is no way you can will your heart to stop. Good luck trying.

There also isn't really a way for you to force yourself to stop breathing either, well you can hold your breath til you pass out with sheer will power, but once you pass out you will start breathing again involuntarily.

Which is why people typically use a noose if they want to go that route.

A more realistic question is, could your tupper affect your senses to make you think a cliff isn't there, and you walk over it? Or make you not hear a truck coming when you go to cross the street? Seeing as how all the things we see and hear are just sensory inputs that have to be first interpreted by the brain, it seems a more plausible scenario, seeing as how imposing a tulpa in itself is the process of tricking your brain to receive false sensory input to see/hear/feel an imposed tulpa.

Although seeing as how the process of imposing a tulpa is both difficult and time consuming, I'd have to say I doubt that'd be possible as well.

Food for thought.

Tulpa's name: April

Form: Human female

Working on: Stuff

My Progress Log

"A belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses; it is an idea that possesses the mind." ~ Robert Oxton Bolton

Guest applesauce99

"Yay I'm running in the Olympics!"

-Runs into a blast furnace-

Worst case scenario: You're walking around the second story hallway of your house using only torch-illuminated images recreated from your memory. Aliens stole half your house without you realizing. You fall off your second story hallway.

On a related note, a tulpa that could make force fields would be cool.

Until you realized that the force fields refuse to block incoming two-story public transportation vehicles.

Or anything else, for that matter.

Just bringing these over from another thread.

An abstract, all-encompassing love is still a love, nonetheless.

Worst it could do is possess you(given you have been teaching it to do it decently) and commit suicide, LOL. But that's highly unlikely, since it would mean its end too, also, almost every tulpae cares about its creator. Unless your tulpae goes retard-mode because you're a self-destructive, callous prick it won't 'kill' you.

Let not the sun go down on my wrath

I let it shake the world

Vengeance is the grudge I bear

flag of reckoning unfurled

I'm not worried that my tulpa is malevolent, I was just looking for info and cool stories about anyone that has had one

My opinions are all subject to change.

I think your tulpa can only be as malevolent as you can. So like people say, unless you're really screwed up you don't have to worry.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012