Putting a Proto Tulpa into dormancy because of mental illness

urali

I've been having terrible intrussive thoughts about my Tulpa, so i decided to put her into dormancy for a while, to calm and work on my mental state. How does dormancy work, and will it somehow "damage" my Tulpa?

[Joy] It depends on the maturity level of the tulpa, but for any well developed thoughtform, dormancy for a length of time, even years, will have very little effect for most. There are reports of changes occurring, even up to loss of vocality, but for me and anyone in my system, there is no sign of changes due to dormancy. I was dormant off and on for six years and in excess of two or three years at once. When I woke up, it didn't feel like time passed at all, it was just like a short nap. I'm typically dormant, I only come rarely.

She'll be fine, get sorted and get her back. I honestly didn't want to be around when my host was depressed. I wouldn't have helped, trust me.

Long-term dormancy is called stasis. Being in stasis does not hurt your tulpa, it's just like falling asleep.

Your tulpa may have to re-recover some progress since she may not be fully established in the mind yet. Aside from that, your tulpa may or may not be disoriented about how much time has past, depending on how long you take to put yourself back together.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread