[Game] Jean-luc's Jaundiced Judicial Justice Jamboree (Graveyard edition)

jean-luc

A note about mod powers: I am a mod here, but I will not be using mod powers to enforce any of the rules of this game, even those in the "Constitution". The site-wide rules of course still apply.

Inspired by Break dem rules, LOTPW, Mao, and SCOTUS; it's Jean-luc's Jaundiced Judicial Justice Jamboree! (Laziness edition)

Short and oversimplified explanation/rules: (not a replacement for the Constitution, but should be enough to get you started)

For your post to be part of the game you must start it with "GAME", to differentiate from comments and such.

Failing to follow a rule gets you a penalty, but the round continues.

If no one posts after your rule, you get a very severe penalty, and the rules reset.

Each system plays together as one Player

Each Player starts with Ͳ10,000 in the bank

If I've done my rules right, you can post multiple rules in one post, or multiple posts, and it should be pretty much the same as if you'd written one rule in the first post combining all of them.

Example:

GAME

1> You must use the numeral 1 in your post.

Every minute after that post that someone else hasn't posted a rule, they earn 1 TulpaBux (Ͳ). This is kinda like LOTPW

GAME

2> Starting a rule with the word "you" is forbidden.

Every minute Wesley earns Ͳ1.1, and it continues increasing every time a new rule is made.

- Penelope posts a rule, but accidentally breaks Melvin's rule:

GAME

5> Your rule number must not be accurate

- Melvin calls "PETITION" and explains why he thinks Penelope broke his rule:

PETITION

Penelope didn't include a 1 in their post, they broke my rule

At this point the game pauses until the judge decides; Nobody can make more rules, and nobody earns any TulpaBux.

- The Judge (me) decides that Melvin's case has merit, and is also blatantly obvious that it's correct.

JUDGEMENT

Penelope broke your rule. Penelope loses Ͳ100, Rule is no longer in effect, and rewards are redistributed.

In this case it was very obvious, but if it wasn't I may have decided to hear other people's thoughts before deciding.

At this point, Penelope loses Ͳ100, and the game continues as if Penelope hadn't posted: Wesley earns TulpaBux for any time between Penelope's post and Melvin's PETITION call, and continues to earn TulpaBux until the next post. Nobody has to follow Penelope's rule.

- Penelope creates a very complicated, difficult rule.

GAME

19> You must prove that P=NP or that P!=NP in your post

Penelope has dun goof'd. A long time passes, and the Judge decides that it's clear no one is going to make a new rule after Penelope's rule

- Judge declares a reset.

RESET

Yeah, no one's gonna post after that.

This is really bad for Penelope. She earns no tulpabux from this post, and has to pay a fine of Ͳ300.

All rules are reset, and a new round starts.

Constitution

This is the list of rules that cannot be changed, overridden, altered, adapted, amended, edited, mutated, revised, abrogated, annulled, quashed, reversed, invalidated, negated, repealed, voided, revoked, or vetoed by player rules.

• RULER: Jean-luc is Supreme Ruler, The Court, The Supreme Court, Manager, Judge, Jury, and Executioner Rule Enforcer.
  • RIGHT: Jean-luc is always right, except when he says otherwise. This statement shall not be construed to apply to any time Jean-luc uses the word "otherwise".
  • GAMEPOST: A post which starts with the exact word GAME (in all caps, as shown here) is said to be a "gamepost", unless the Judge says otherwise.
  • COMMENTS: Unless the Judge says otherwise, any post which is not a gamepost and is not this post is a "comment post". Comment posts have no effect on the game (other than declarations such as PETITIONING, DECLARATION OF INTENT NOT TO POST, CUT MY LOSSES, RULES RESET, etc.), they cannot be used as evidence, and and Player Rules have no effect on these posts.
  • INLINE COMMENTS: Inline comments can be added to gameposts by putting text in [##] tags, e.g. [##]this is a comment[/##]. The content of the comment and the comment tags have no effect on the game, cannot be used as evidence, and player rules have no effect.
  • EDITING: Gameposts must not be edited.
  • TIME LIMIT: The standard time limit is 72 hours.
  • WAT IS PLAYER: A Player is any system that is not the Supreme Ruler, Manager, Judge, Jury, or Rule Enforcer that wishes to play. The system acts together, and any member of that system may post.
  • TULPABUX: TulpaBux are the official currency of JJJJJ, and are the main factor in determining winningness.
  • TULPABUX/PLURALIZATION: "TulpaBux" is both the singular and plural form of the word, so "I got 1 TulpaBux" and "I received 1,500 TulpaBux" are both correct. The three-letter currency name is TBX. The currency symbol is Ͳ (U+0372 GREEK CAPITAL LETTER ARCHAIC SAMPI) (originally it was going to be U+1D4AF MATHEMATICAL SCRIPT CAPITAL T but unfortunately tulpa.info eats that character and replaces it with question marks just like some emoji)
  • TULPABUX/STARTINGBUX: Each Player starts with Ͳ10,000
  • RULE CREATION: A Player may create one or more rules ("Player Rules") in their Gamepost. If the previous Player Rule was created by a different Player, then the rules form a new Ruleset. If the previous Player Rule was created by the same Player, the rules are appended to the current Ruleset. The Constitution is not a Ruleset.
  • PLAYER RULES APPLICABILITY: New player rules apply to the entirety of the post they are in and everything after (barring COMMENTS and INLINE COMMENTS) but nothing before.
  • REWARDS: Players are rewarded for each minute, according to the minute-accurate post time shown by tulpa.info, that their Ruleset was the most recent Ruleset in effect.
  • REWARDS/AMOUNT: The reward per minute is 1 TulpaBux for the first Ruleset of a round. After each subsequent Ruleset, the reward is 1.1 times the previous reward per minute. (10% compound increase)
  • RULES RESET: When the Judge decides that it is very unlikely that any new Rulesets will be created this round in a reasonable amount of time, the Judge declares a RESET: The player who created the most recent Ruleset loses whatever rewards they've earned plus a fee of Ͳ300 and all Player Rules are annulled and a new round begins.
  • RULES RESET/FACTORS: Generally, a Ruleset that has been the last Ruleset for at least the standard TIME LIMIT is considered to be unlikely to have another Ruleset created. However, if any Player declares that they intend to post, this timeline may be expanded. Furthermore, if all recently active Players (ignoring the Player that created the Ruleset) declare that they are *not* going to post, this will be taken as strong evidence that it is unlikely that any new Rulesets will be created.
  • DECLARATION OF INTENT NOT TO POST: Any player that declares their intent not to post a new rule is required to refrain from posting a new rule until somebody else creates a new rule or the game is reset.
  • PENALTY/FAILURE TO FOLLOW PLAYER RULE: Whenever a Player breaks a Player Rule from a post, any rules in that post are annulled, and any money they have already gained or will gain from that post is redistributed as if the post hadn't been made, and are additionally charged a flat fee of Ͳ100
  • PENALTY/CONSTITUTIONAL PENALTY: Any post that fails to follow the Constitution, then any rules it may have made are annulled and further penalties may be applied as the Judge finds appropriate.
  • RULES4RULES/LAW OF THE LAND: Players must not create a rule that requires or encourages breaking any of tulpa.info's rules or any US law.
  • RULES4RULES/UNFAIR: Players must not create a rule that unfairly disadvantages another player or group of players
  • RULES PRECEDENCE: The Constitution has precedence over all Player Rules. If two Player Rules directly conflict, the newer rule takes precedence.
  • PETITIONING: If a player wishes to argue something to the judge (e.g. they think a rule was broken, or some other action by the judge should be taken) they may say "PETITION", and they should probably give at least an outline of what they're arguing. Upon this, gameplay pauses, no rewards are given for the time the game is paused, and the Judge makes a preliminary ruling, usually just deciding whether to keep the game paused during the hearing or continue. The Judge will then hear arguments from anyone that wishes to comment, and then once decided will issue a Ruling.
  • PETITIONING/STATUE OF LIMITATIONS: Any petition must be brought before The Court within the standard TIME LIMIT of the alleged wrong happening.

Ammendments are already included in the Constitution you see above.

AMMENDMENTS: I

Here's the TulpaBux symbol again, nice and large and on its own line so it's easy to copypaste:

Ͳ

Most of the rules, I'd love to see what curious/interesting/terrible loopholes and workarounds y'all think of.

However, please don't do these things, and please try to follow the spirit as well as the letter:

Edit your posts

Break any tulpa.info or US laws

Encourage anyone else to break any tulpa.info or US laws

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

##Alright, let's do this##

PRACTICE GAME

1> You must include the word "cat" or "dog" somewhere in your post. You don't need the quotes and the capitalization of the word does not matter.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

So technically you should've started your post with "GAME" instead of the comment, which normally I wouldn't mention BUUUT if I do make a bot for this then it wouldn't be able to detect that post. Similarly, comments are like [##]this[/##] not like ##this##

Anyways, I guess there's a practice game now. I can keep track of two games, so practice game posts will have a separate bank or whatever.

So yeah, Ranger has over 10,480 practice-tulpabux now. Or something.

Oh god please someone else play I spent way too long drafting this stupid game's """"constitution""""

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Not that we tend to play forum games anyways, but for the sake of at least giving you a reason why people might be turned off by it, the idea that you can easily accidentally make a too-difficult rule and lose frick-tons of progress is very off-putting. Maybe my hypothetical people just need to trust your judgement more, though. Or maybe instead you should enforce a flat penalty (like -500 or something) along with negating any bucks they would've earned, but either way it's a little cruel as-is.

(also sorry for not actually playing, but you probably didn't expect us in specific to anyway)

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

And so let it be done: The loss is now Ͳ300 and you don't earn any TBX from that post.

AMMENDMENT I:

• RULES RESET shall be ammended such that the penalty is the loss of any TulpaBux gained and an additional loss of Ͳ300 and no other penalties.
  • CUT MY LOSSES is no longer in effect

[##]I figured I may as well jump in and see what happens, I don't expect myself to understand everything until I make a few mistakes[/##]

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

GAME

1> All posts must be in homage to the great Jean-Luc that watches over us, all hail Jean-Luc.

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

2> All hail jean-luc! You must type your rule in one sentence as the second sentence of your post, not including comments.

2> All hail jean-luc! You must type your rule in one sentence as the second sentence of your post, not including comments.

This is obviously meant to be a gamepost so I'm declaring it as such. Ranger, start your post with "GAME" next time, eh?

GAME

3> We praise Jean-Luc! One word must be messplet.

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space