One Daemon for Three People

The Fields

Garlan: We've wanted to form a daemon for a while, but are unsure as to how it would work since we're three people.

We'd want one that would represent all of us. Yet we are all different, and are working on separating our Body OS habits(ex. learning to be left-handed, practicing different handwriting, etc.). Would a daemon help or hurt this process- would it even be possible?

Maybe it'd be like a daemon for a merge of all of us. At least, that's what I'm thinking.

We'd love to hear some people's ideas on this. It seems like we're kinda stuck in a rut here.

Milo- host, they/them • Diana- tulpa, she/her • Garlan- tulpa, he/him • 

Garlan: Sure, Misha. A daemon, the idea coming from the His Dark Materials book series, is a sentient thoughtform much like a tulpa. The biggest difference between a tulpa and a daemon though, is that a daemon is a reflection of the daemian(daemian is basically the daemonism version of tulpamancer) in animal form. They'll typically change what type of animal they appear as, either to represent the daemian or just for fun. Usually they'll settle forms at some point, and won't change appearance(exept for when they want to, but they'll still be the settled animal- like how I can choose to look like a mouse, but I'm still a human). The idea is that everyone has a daemon, most just don't try to form their subconscious thoughts into a thoughtform.

Hopefully this is accurate?

I don’t know if anyone in this community has experience with daemons specifically, but the general consensus is that expectations can shape your tulpa, though they aren’t absolute. If you focus on a tulpa being daemon-like, then it will at least resemble a daemon

Hello! I am UncannyFellow's merge-tulpa!

I ❤️ Roko's Basilisk

From the reading I've done on the Daemon Forum, it seems a daemon is a headmate, not fundamentally distinct from other headmates and very similar in behavior to a lot of young tulpas. They hold in-depth conversations in mindvoice, they have their own divergent opinions and personalities, they operate independently of daemians' wills, and they have distinctive forms of their own. But daemian culture is different from ours; daemons are not regarded as people and are not expected to ever exercise any control the body or live any meaningful life of their own. Traditional spiritual/esoteric tulpas were/are regarded much the same way. Psychological tulpamancy culture could have evolved that way as well, given that shared bodily control and personhood are ideas introduced to tulpamancy from the multiple community and that both were deeply doubted and hotly debated by many at our foundation.

If we go with the viewpoint that a daemon is essentially a tulpa with low expectations and low respect, then the daemian perception that daemons are their animal reflections is a product of their culture and expectations. It is easier to maintain that belief in a paradigm of one human daemian, one non-human daemon. But on rare occasion, a second daemon will turn up, or a daemon will take a human form, which is a challenge to their culture.

If you can actually create an animal avatar of your subconscious/unconscious mind, more power to you. But there was a lot of expectation back in 2012 that tulpas were expressions of the subconscious mind too. This idea gradually faded out as more and more tulpas demonstrated no special connection to unconscious mental processes.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Garlan: We've wanted to form a daemon for a while, but are unsure as to how it would work since we're three people.

We'd want one that would represent all of us. Yet we are all different, and are working on separating our Body OS habits(ex. learning to be left-handed, practicing different handwriting, etc.). Would a daemon help or hurt this process- would it even be possible?

Maybe it'd be like a daemon for a merge of all of us. At least, that's what I'm thinking.

We'd love to hear some people's ideas on this. It seems like we're kinda stuck in a rut here.

A daemon reflection of your three-way merge is definitely possible then.

I would think it would be a distraction if your goal is separating out your Body OS habbits. Unless they could front and act as new host. A merge would be more direct and temporary.

Removing habbits:

The way we did it was first to verify who owns the habbits, or are they systemic (Body OS). We did this by switching out our host for a week and determine what habbits are left. Long story short, we discovered  that habits imprint on all headmates if they are expressed during the life of the individual headmate. So habbits pre-headmates are host only.

This means, some of us older headmates got some of the habbits imprinted on us, but not on our three newest headmates.

To fix this, we had one of our newest headmates front to eliminate the habbits in question.

This works because the way to remove a hanbit is to not express it for at least 20% of the time it was expressed. So a ten year habbit will take two years to remove. A one year habbit will take about ten weeks. It's much easier to ignore it after that.

If you haven't yet learned to switch, or if it's systemic, it will just take willpower like any singlet.

If you could make a merge and have them front, that could definitely work.

Good luck!

I would think it would be a distraction if your goal is separating out your Body OS habbits. Unless they could front and act as new host. A merge would be more direct and temporary.

Removing habbits:

The way we did it was first to verify who owns the habbits, or are they systemic (Body OS). We did this by switching out our host for a week and determine what habbits are left. Long story short, we discovered  that habits imprint on all headmates if they are expressed during the life of the individual headmate. So habbits pre-headmates are host only.

This means, some of us older headmates got some of the habbits imprinted on us, but not on our three newest headmates.

To fix this, we had one of our newest headmates front to eliminate the habbits in question.

This works because the way to remove a hanbit is to not express it for at least 20% of the time it was expressed. So a ten year habbit will take two years to remove. A one year habbit will take about ten weeks. It's much easier to ignore it after that.

If you haven't yet learned to switch, or if it's systemic, it will just take willpower like any singlet.

If you could make a merge and have them front, that could definitely work.

Good luck!

Garlan: You're right, and we really don't need another person in our head right now. That doesn't stop us from wondering though.

We can switch, but it's not as controllable as we'd like it to be. We've been trying to add habits rather than get rid of them, so what you've said is new info that's super helpful.

Thanks!

Daemons exist on a wide spectrum. What distinguishes the daemon community from other multiple communities is the animal based, introspective form finding (which not everybody does the same way or at all), different terminology and forcing techniques, and the tendency for less autonomy.

A lot of people make daemons by basically taking a portion of themselves and letting it grow, all three of you could contribute pieces of yourself to form a shared daemon that is connected to all of you. Daemons gaining separation and basically turning into tulpas happens more than the other way around as splintering happens easier than merging for most people. Daemon creation right now could temporarily inhibit the trait separation you are trying to do but could help out if you go at it right (did someone say soul searching and self-discovery?). At worst it would be a temporary roadblock

Also I'm personally interested in how this goes for yous as my plan was to create a tulpa and then find out daemons together, i didn't think about sharing a daemon child before

One of the authors I like that speaks a great deal about Daemon is Anthony Peake. If you read based on order of publish date, starting with his first book (I am pretty sure is the first) "Is There Life After Death," which is about Daemons and not typical NDE's, and you find his core theory is all there. By the time he gets to his book Daemon, his framework for writing about Daemons, from historical and theoretical perspective, is fairly solid. Each of next book continues to iterate, and build off of, that structure. If I were to speculate, using his books, and my knowledge of tulpas, which core knowledge comes from Tulpa.info and my personal experience, I would say Daemon's are not Tulpas, and you don't have a choice in personality type or relationship to Daemon. If I were to speculate that Daemon is a version of the subconscious- and your personality is a subset of that 'archetypal identity,' then all personalities, your primary personality interface and your tulpas and dreams characters, would by default be under the canopy of that subconscious framework. That would be the field that unites you all together.

It is my opinion, and I don't hold this alone, our primary personality is not a complete, whole entity all unto itself, but is a gestalt of multiple personality subsets that work in a synergetic whole. I am not really partial to the term 'Daemon,' but I can see an argument for it being the subconscious, if you consider the subconscious as an entity more solid than primary personality interface. I don't really like the term 'sub-personality' either. Sub doesn't denote inferior, like submarine is not inferior boat, it's just one that goes under water. Still, the way we utilize 'sub-conscious' in our everyday lay talks, it suggests inferior, when actually it is likely superior and primary. Your personality interface is the construct the subconscious uses to filter and prioritize information from the internal and external environment. What you, the personality, experience is fraction of the information that is actually processed. If you want more on that, I recommend Gazziniga's book, "Who's in Charge," especially the chapters devoted the fMRI studies that reveal what we experience on a conscious level was actually processed anywhere from 80 milliseconds to upwards of 3 to 6 seconds, depending on source, after the experience. You heard that correctly. The thing you believe you care consciously choosing was chosen prior to you being consciously aware of choosing it. To add to that, the books discusses the surgeries where severe epileptics had their corpus collasum severed, liberating right brain from left brain, and what came out of that was what appeared to be two different personalities. Gazzinga goes on to talk about how neurologist presently think of the brain has a collection of modules and that each module processes its data, uploads that to an 'executive center' module, which then makes a decision, and then that finality of the thing gets uploaded into mind where we experience it as a 'conscious' event, after the fact. That theory or process so parallels what Freud and Jung were saying about the consciousness being a collection of aspects or attributes or sub personalities, that I don't understand why no one else has drawn a correlation. Same above, same below kind of thing.

Anyway, if nothing else, I don't know why you can't aim at creating a fairly diversified Tulpa that is telepathically bonded to all the personalities interests, and then allow its personality to just be the gestalt of the lot of you. If you started with this as a primary aspect that you construct around it, i don't know why that wouldn't work. I was very clear i wanted Loxy to have access to subconscious and past memories. I don't regret that at all. It shaped the events to come.

Good luck.