New forum software migration Dec 26th~27th

Pleeb

Hey everyone, thought I'd give some updates.

We are finally ready to do the migration! We're going to be doing the migration in late December / Early January, likely around the 26th or 27th into January 1st.  The forums will be offline during that duration.

Here is what to expect:

• Certain kind of attachments may be lost
  • Bios may or may not import properly either-- they're suppose to, but weren't in our test imports.
  • BBCode is no longer supported.  The new forums is more like google docs, with WYSIWYG (mybb already uses this, but gave the option to switch to BBCode).
  • We'll have a new theme!  You can check it out here.

I recommend backing up your current avatars to more quickly bring them back in once the migration has finished.  If you don't, that's okay, because we're aiming to have a "turned off" copy of the forums on old.community.tulpa.info or something, where you will be able to log in to access your old account.

While the forums are processing, we're also going to do our best to manually get your avatars and bios restored, but we won't be able to grab everyone, which is why you may have to jump between a mirror if you haven't backed up your stuff.

Thank you for your patience with all of this.  Ideally, everything will just transition smoothly as we figure out this new and updated system.  Hopefully this will be our last software change (barring Invision Power Board going psycho on us).

Thanks,

Pleeb.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Of all the old and abandoned accounts, the avatars are the most interesting thing left behind I think. Uh, aside from posts and all.. I really like the avatars, it's what gives a random user personality. So it'll really suck if we lose all those, especially the long-inactive members' avatars, since active members can change theirs.

But if you can't do anything about it, whatever I guess. Also, losing attachments sounds pretty terrible for the art board and some PRs.

I despise Rich Text/WYSIWYG formatting, I disabled that in Discord as soon as they added it, it's so awful

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Of all the old and abandoned accounts, the avatars are the most interesting thing left behind I think. Uh, aside from posts and all.. I really like the avatars, it's what gives a random user personality. So it'll really suck if we lose all those, especially the long-inactive members' avatars, since active members can change theirs.

But if you can't do anything about it, whatever I guess. Also, losing attachments sounds pretty terrible for the art board and some PRs.

Don't worry, we'll go through the accounts and probably through the PRs and stuff in the coming months, to see what we can copy over. Even a few dozen accounts a day would add up if we just target users who have more than 1-2 posts. Like I said, the old forums aren't going totally away, they'll just be locked, either hosted on another server (with the cheapest possible plan) on left on the new server (unlikely). At least for now.

I despise Rich Text/WYSIWYG formatting, I disabled that in Discord as soon as they added it, it's so awful

This was my biggest disappointment with Invision Power Board, and I feel a little embarrassed for not realizing it when we purchased the software. I wrote this announcement in bbcode.

Spoiler

So wait

Posts will be removed from profiles? Does that mean we have to make new profiles? Will threads be transferred over?

What I mean to say is, will LOTPW finally have a winner?

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

So wait

Posts will be removed from profiles? Does that mean we have to make new profiles? Will threads be transferred over?

What I mean to say is, will LOTPW finally have a winner?

No posts will be removed, and everyone's profiles should remain. Oh, you will have to relink linked accounts but other than that you should be fine.

Spoiler