Missing Features & Content, Formatting Issue

Ember.Vesper

Question

*Transparency in PNG avatars (like ours) is not supported.

*I can't find a way to pull up a list of how many times users have posted in a given thread, which used to be what a thread's post count linked to. There aren't too many practical purposes to that information, but at the very least, it makes playing "First One to Reach 1,000 posts wins!" much less convenient.

*The Off-topic board is missing from "Your Deleted Posts". That could have been intentional, but I was reading it sometimes.

*Profiles don't list average posts per day. (We were using that as an aid to regulating our activity level and keeping the forum from consuming our life.)

*Other users' linked accounts aren't listed anywhere -- not by posts, not in profiles, not in member search results. How are we supposed to know who is in which system?

*Number of threads started by a user isn't listed anywhere either, and used to appear in all those same places.

*When pasting in a post composed in a word processor, double hard returns are converted to single hard returns, damaging paragraph formatting.

*There's no option to jump to a particular page of a thread from search results, only to the first post or the first unread post.

-Ember

Edited by Ember.Vesper

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

10 answers to this question

*Transparency in PNG avatars (like ours) is not supported.

. . . .
*The Off-topic board is missing from "Your Deleted Posts". That could have been intentional, but I was reading it sometimes.

Got transparent PNGs now; apparently and Off-Topic is visible again under Your Deleted Posts.  The latter was just a slip up in the permissions.

*Number of threads started by a user isn't listed anywhere either, and used to appear in all those same places.

To get to number of threads, you need to first click on your name in the top right and select Profile:

image.png.546dc4d8f6acf967d2938045a454cd61.png

From there, clock on "See My Activity":

image.png.e9afaa654fdc304ba1026ee0f97005dc.png

And look for "Topics" in the side area:

image.png.6406292d985494e43dde002572dde62b.png

The same goes for other members, when you click "See their activity"

*When pasting in a post composed in a word processor, double hard returns are converted to single hard returns, damaging paragraph formatting.

Could you post an example?  Does it happen if you paste without formatting?

*There's no option to jump to a particular page of a thread from search results, only to the first post or the first unread post.

Could you post a screenshot?

*I can't find a way to pull up a list of how many times users have posted in a given thread, which used to be what a thread's post count linked to. There aren't too many practical purposes to that information, but at the very least, it makes playing "First One to Reach 1,000 posts wins!" much less convenient.

That isn't a feature I knew that MyBB did; let me see what I can find out.

*Profiles don't list average posts per day. (We were using that as an aid to regulating our activity level and keeping the forum from consuming our life.)

*Other users' linked accounts aren't listed anywhere -- not by posts, not in profiles, not in member search results. How are we supposed to know who is in which system?

Let me look into this.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

For jumping to a particular page number, it's not readily apparent (was it ever?), but you can do it by clicking on the "Page # of ##" and typing the number of page you wanted. https://community.tulpa.info/topic/7356-game-last-one-to-post-wins/ The page numbers "1 2 3 4 5 6 Next >>    Page 1 of 2213", click on the page 1 of part.

2 hours ago, Pleeb said:

That isn't a feature I knew that MyBB did; let me see what I can find out.

That was a feature we discovered pretty recently on the original forum. Before clicking on the thread, you can click on I believe the number of replies to get a list of how many posts were by which user, or something along those lines.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

try a different file type (.png, .jpeg/.jpg)... a lot of avatars are blank for some reason? lumi's is gone, too?

edit: this could probably warrant a different thread

Edited by aubrey

Aubrey (they/them) speaks like this and Shield (they/them) speaks like this... haha just kidding. Ah, memories.

Our profile picture is of Shield, because that's who mostly uses this account...

[the outdated lore]

on LOTPW, lumi talked about resetting/reuploading the signatures to try and see if they could work on the new theme, back before that issue was fixed. so it wouldn't be too silly to assume the avatar was reset too.

i'm pretty sure you changed your avatar in the past week.

the only other person i could find with this issue is a new (created on wednesday i think) account.

so i assume it must be a problem with avatars that have been uploaded using the new forum software. that's what the pattern suggests, anyway.

Aubrey (they/them) speaks like this and Shield (they/them) speaks like this... haha just kidding. Ah, memories.

Our profile picture is of Shield, because that's who mostly uses this account...

[the outdated lore]

Uh, I just noticed our avatars are gone. Only the two (mine and Reisen's) that were changed post-migration. Just now I re-uploaded Reisen's (still broken), but not mine, in case that matters for bugchecking

Edit: Oh, our cover photos are all gone too, all 5

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

My system's pics are all gone, and so is Someone's. I know Someone changed their pfp recently and we swapped all of our old Christmas pics with our regular ones. I believe uploading new images to the new forums is a good theory.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Don't try to change your avatar, just hang tight we'll see what we can do

also can people please create a new thread for each individual issue? It's easier for us to track it thank you

Spoiler

Avatars should be fixed now.  I had a rule to convert the URL into lowercase (which was required to get links like "" in MyBB to redirect correctly), but since the URLs to the avatars are hashed and case sensitive.... you can figure how that was going to go.  So I changed:

RewriteMap lowercase int:tolower
        RewriteCond $1 [A-Z]
        RewriteRule ^/?(.*)$ /${lowercase:$1} [R=301]

To:

RewriteMap lowercase int:tolower
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} "^[fF]orum|[uU]ser|[tT]hread"
        RewriteCond $1 [A-Z]
        RewriteRule ^/?(.*)$ /${lowercase:$1} [R=301]

In order to see your avatars again you'll have to clear your cache, as it's a 301 redirect.  In Chrome this is usually as simple as holding the shift key and clicking on refresh.

Spoiler