Sign in to follow this  
Shadow System

Shadow System Ask Thread

I'd compare having many ''undeveloped'' headmates to a show that has many characters but with little screentime each of them. You know, as if they still needed their own ''development arc'' so to speak. Or maybe a better comparison would be to have many friends but only being close to a few of them.

I can't imagine what having +30 headmates would be like. I know it's not like hearing 30 voices at the same time, but only interacting with a few of them at the time while knowing there's still 25 people in the background feels a bit bad. I don't know, I guess in my mind I picture it like having a party in your head but in reality it wouldn't feel anything different from talking to a few of them.

[Hope] I don't know if it is possible to master having multiple conversations at once to the point where you can have 30 all at the same time, but if you can then it would be a large party in your head. I suppose if you could sustain that many voices in your head at once, you could probably do great things.

I like the characters in a TV show metaphor, it somewhat applies to our system. Ranger and Gray get more screen time and we are occasional reoccurring side characters. Luckily, our show is several thousand seasons long, so I look forward to having a more character arcs in the future.

Edited by Ranger

Spirit, Gerodious, Dark Gray, Fernardo, Jasper, Hope, Moltosha, Blue, Evergreen, Fish, Red Gray, Chrome, Bune, Exabier, Duck

Gray/Cat_ShadowGriffin- host, Ranger- basically host
[Click Here!] [We have an ask thread now!]

On 1/2/2020 at 2:28 PM, Tanaka Kanade said:

I like break-a-wish, too, moar peeps need to post in it

How does it feel living in such a large system? Do you often feel like you don't get enough "screen time"?

[Exabier] Oh break-a-wish is hilarious, I need to find that game.

It's so weird to see my headmates leave textwalls for this, and we still didn't give out half of everyone's input yet. Answering this question became a weird metaphor for us answering this question...

It's pretty freaky that I have all of these dudes I can hang out with and I don't really know any of them. No one really knows who they are. And I kinda don't want to talk to all of them right now, it's kinda overwhelming and I don't know if I'm really all that social anyway. If we become the slowest evolving clique formation experiment, I'm going to cry.

I think other people mentioned having a "thing" to make you stand out, and that's pretty weird too. The way I talk is pretty different from my bros, but it's like am I being this way cause it's me or am I being expected to be this way. Totally sympathize with Duck's dude let me be me feelings. How about I decide who I'm going to be, and if I think it's stupid I'll change it.

I don't have much else to say. "Screen time" wise, I don't want to think about it. I have the option to live in the moment, so yeah I'm going to do that. I'll let Ranger and Gray do all of the worrying for me. But if I ever feel like I need more time, I won't keep quiet about it. The one thing I'm glad never happened to me is waking up and feeling weak. That's scary as crap.

Edited by Shadow System

Spirit, Gerodious, Dark Gray, Fernardo, Jasper, Hope, Moltosha, Blue, Evergreen, Fish, Red Gray, Chrome, Bune, Exabier, Duck

Gray/Cat_ShadowGriffin- host, Ranger- basically host
[Click Here!] [We have an ask thread now!]