Tags

Ranger

Question

During the migration, all of the General Discussion and Guide labels were turned into tags. Now, you can post a tag on any board you can create a thread on and there are no limits on what tags you can use, how many you can use, and possibility even including the number of characters your tag can be. I created some terrible tags for this thread as an example.

I don't think tags are important for things like the lounge board, but it will make finding general discussion topics, guides, and submissions harder to find.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

4 answers to this question

Tags are now limited to the prefixes that we had before, and you can now select the thread prefixes in addition to tags.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Thank you for fixing that, that will prevent silliness.

Unfortunately, all of the old tags were given brackets. It's not a major issue, but it may make searching for things more difficult. I can change Within's tag though, as Cat did to her thread changing "misc" to "Misc".
image.png.5dee1333365756a3f01acc17ea677b78.png

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I can either see about bulk editing the brackets out of the existing tags or add brackets to the new tags.  It depends on what people would rather have.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Well first of all, I like the first letter being capitalized. With a tag system that actually looks like this, with literal tags by the posts, I don't see a need for brackets. Those were kind of a necessity with no visual indicator to separate them from the thread title, but it's pretty obvious now, so -

oh, I just realized why it looks so wrong, old threads had the tag before the thread title and new ones have it after on another row. Well, the newer one (the "Misc" on top) looks far better, but I'm not sure how feasible it would be to replace all old threads' tags with the new tagging system. Maybe it's just not a problem to leave them like they were?

I still think we should capitalize the words, though. Brackets optional, but probably better without given the clear visual separation now

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.