Spoilers and Quotes

Ranger

Question

Edit 3: I originally made this thread to focus on just quotes, but I realized it would make sense to include spoiler objects as well since both are very similar.

These rich text quotes are amazingly buggy. I found enough quirks with these quotes I figured I should open up a new thread.

1) Can't get rid of quotes on mobile

When I create a quote object, usually backspace or delete quickly get rid of them on PC. Those options don't exist on mobile, and all of my attempts including select all and deleting everything I wrote will not get rid of an empty quote box I don't want.

Edit: I wrote more to my post, but when I realized my second point wasn't showing the bug I decided to wrap it in a spoiler tag. I have no idea why it ate part of my third point and added extra air to the other quotes.

Here was my third point: wait... I can't copy and paste my third point anymore. I remember having this issue with quotes in quotes too I believe... Anyway...

Edit 2: Apparently I can highlight the third point text after I publish the post, but not while I'm editing something. I guess there's some kind of weird layer system or something. I don't want to test more with quotes in quotes because I'm worried it will break more of my post.

3) Multi-quotes are limited to one page

I don't know if the old software worked this way because I never used it, but I realized the multi-quote feature is really useful after realizing I can no longer label quotes as coming from a specific person. If I multi-quote someone on the previous page and go to the next one, Invision doesn't let me quote them unless I go back to the previous page. This is really annoying because I wanted to use this as an alternative to copy pasting. Considering notifications, blank quotes are a lot less exciting than named quotes.

2) Back-to-back quotes may eat following quotes.

I have no idea why this happens, but it's really annoying. I discovered this when trying to write a PM to someone else. The following happens when I write out the myBB code with 4 back-to-back quotes, labeling each quote as I write them out:

1 quote

2 quotes

3 quotes

4 quotes

This test is with the built-in objects, but same thing:

1 quote

2 quotes

3 quotes

4 quotes

When I hit preview, I didn't notice anything wrong.

3) Multi-quotes are limited to one page

I don't know if the old software also worked this way because I never used it, but I realized the multi quote button is really useful for this software and started using it. If I select one quote and go to the next page, Invision forgets the post I selected unless I go back to the previous page. This 

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

2 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

blockquote widgetblockquote widgetblockquote widgetblockquote widgetblockquote widgetblockquote widget

(I split this post from LOTPW, I realized I should report it)

This is what happens if I tap on the quote and hit backspace over and over again. I was angry I couldn't delete it and I forgot it spewed text when I did that.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

widgetblockquote widgetblockquote widgetblockquote widgetblockquote widgetblockquote widgetblockquote widgetwiockquote widget

lockquote widget

:classic_sad:

On the bright side, I can get rid of emojis on mobile