Visualizing, and intrusive thoughts

Kiahdaj

I recently stopped visualizing, and decided to primarily work on developing sentience through narration. Reason being not only that I find it hard to concentrate, and commit recently, but because I was afraid of some of the negative aspects that may come from me visualizing.

See, I have a fairly bad case of intrusive thought. Throughout the day, I get thoughts, feelings, and visions that are not my own, and that I can not get rid of, easily. I find that during visualization, my mind causes my tulpa to move in strange, and inhuman ways. It sometimes makes his face distort into something nothing less than monstrous. I get sadistic visions involving him, and occasionally some other visions that I'm not particularly comfortable with.

I assume these uncontrollable visions and thoughts could be harmful in the long run, so I stopped.

1. Is it true that this could be harmful to the creation process?

2. Do you know of any way to get these to stop?

Sometimes I will have a good day, or good time, to where what I am imagining doesn't distort very much. But in general, it happens constantly, and I often can't keep him, or whatever I'm imagining still.

Whether stopping these thoughts is helpful to forcing or not; I'd really like them to stop, because they often induce fear, stress, sadness, guilt, and regret.

Thanks for the help!

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been having almost the exact same problem, I actually made an account here because of it. I'm glad I'm not alone here. Last night I could barely force because of violent or ridiculously destructive intrusive thoughts that completely wrecked everything. I always feel horrendously guilty afterwords as well, but I can't control it in any way it seems.

I've been having almost the exact same problem, I actually made an account here because of it. I'm glad I'm not alone here. Last night I could barely force because of violent or ridiculously destructive intrusive thoughts that completely wrecked everything. I always feel horrendously guilty afterwords as well, but I can't control it in any way it seems.

Also glad to know that I'm not alone, either.

To be honest, I'm okay with making him sentient first. In fact, I'd kinda like to have his input when creating form, and whatnot. So luckily this won't keep me from working on him, completely.

I'd still like them gone, though.

Sometimes with visions come impulse.

Which is no bueno.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

These "intrusive thoughts" Can be very annoying, by no means am i a pro i only been at this for 4 days, but i can understand how you feel as i have similar thoughts at times.

i guess the trick is to know that they are intrusive, and try to ignore them, give it none of your attention/time/energy and i guess it will fade into nothingness.

pix: Link

Diary: http://ponystasha.tumblr.com

Koomer.

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as it sounds.

Like I said, some days are worse than other. On bad days, I literally have no control over what my mind does with my visions. Some days, no matter how hard I try, I CANNOT get him to stay still (this is not him moving, as it's inhuman fluctuation, and... I really can't describe it). And then there are the days where every time I look at his face, it turns into... Some hideous monstrosity, just because my mind knows I don't want it to.

Some days are good, and I have decent control, but on the average day, I have trouble even making him stay still.

I get similar intrusive thoughts, I'm pretty good at visualizing by itself, but occasionally an errant thought or image throws a wrench into my visualizations.

I think one of the key things needed here is visualization practice, which will help you picture things being more still and less distorted. Also, focus and relaxation are needed to quiet intrusive thoughts.

A comfortable place with the right lighting and temperature are obvious, but also don't try to force when you know there will be distractions or if you're feeling restless, antsy, depressed or angry.

I also find that strenuous exercise and a nice shower before forcing helps me to relax and get rid of stress.

On a side note, it is important not to try too hard. What I mean is, if you're worried about intrusive thoughts, or try really hard to keep them out, you'll make it worse. Brush it off, clear your mind, and let the visualizations happen.

Probably the biggest part is to keep your mind clear and chillax. Try some deep breathing exercises and practice making your mind empty.

Tulpa's name: April

Form: Human female

Working on: Stuff

My Progress Log

"A belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses; it is an idea that possesses the mind." ~ Robert Oxton Bolton

These "intrusive thoughts" Can be very annoying, by no means am i a pro i only been at this for 4 days, but i can understand how you feel as i have similar thoughts at times.

i guess the trick is to know that they are intrusive, and try to ignore them, give it none of your attention/time/energy and i guess it will fade into nothingness.

some of these "intrusive thoughts" i had involve me trying to harm my tulpa in some way.

such as slapping her, cutting her head off, ridiculous things that i would never do consciously.

still working on making those thoughts stop completely

pix: Link

Diary: http://ponystasha.tumblr.com

Koomer.

some of these "intrusive thoughts" i had involve me trying to harm my tulpa in some way.

such as slapping her, cutting her head off, ridiculous things that i would never do consciously.

still working on making those thoughts stop completely

My general, daily intrusive thoughts usually involve physical violence, whenever I look at someone for an extended period of time. Including my tulpa. Though to be honest, less-so with my tulpa than anyone else, including family.

My general, daily intrusive thoughts usually involve physical violence, whenever I look at someone for an extended period of time. Including my tulpa. Though to be honest, less-so with my tulpa than anyone else, including family.

I've been there ha

Tulpa's name: April

Form: Human female

Working on: Stuff

My Progress Log

"A belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses; it is an idea that possesses the mind." ~ Robert Oxton Bolton

Of course while most of these thoughts are surely intrusive, some may stem from my new-found Sadistic Personality Disorder.