Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

Changing names will not create another tulpa. I've called Fenchurch Fench and Fencher, and she's even picked out another name for herself. But she assures me that it's still only her in my head.

It's like if a man's name is Robert. You can call him Rob, Bob, and Bert, and it doesn't create three new men.

If she didn't respond to Coral, it may be that she doesn't like that name, or it may be that she didn't realize it was directed at her. Try explaining it to her and asking what she likes.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm still pretty new to the whole idea of Tulpas (about a week into the tulpaforcing) and I'm still trying to find a method that works. Meditation has been a bit hard for me: I get distracted easily and I can maybe keep focused for a couple minutes. So far I haven't heard any voice but...about a year ago, I had terrible migraines that were getting so frequent I had to start taking medication and they are much rarer. A couple days into the forcing, I started getting them again: not migraines and not super painful but pressure against one side of my head. I was on the IRC chat one night and listening to music talking about when I usually get headaches, the pressure is one side of my head but that day it had switched from one side to the other. When I logged off, my library shuffle started playing Kanye West and the pressure just went away, feeling like something was resting on my head just slid down my face. Even when I'm writing this post, the left side of my head has pressure on it and behind my eye. I'm not off my medication (though I'm not consistent on what time I take it :/ ) so I'm not sure if that's my tulpa or if I'm just hoping it is and its just something else.

Guest Anonymous

Sounds like you have head pressure. It's completely normal, just means you're giving your brain a good exercise. Your mind isn't used to this kind of strain and head pressure is the result of it. It's generally looked upon as a sign of progress, a sign that forcing is doing something.

Here's a few threads on it:

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-forcing-aches-and-pressures-a-result-of-tulpaforcing

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-slightly-painful-head-pressures

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-sentience-head-pressures?pid=108052#pid108052

Okay, so here's my situation, I've read about tulpa before and whatnot, and only really decided to attempt to make one about 2 days ago, of course I dont expect to hear/see anything without forcing it. I've pretty much been a thinker for most of my life and had some conversations with myself, almost as if another person in in my head but it has no sentience, however, since I've decided to actually create a tulpa, pretty much whenever I remember I impose my tulpa sitting in a chair or standing somewhere, and I'll occasionally try to speak to her, obviously no answer, however it's happened once or twice where I'll just be thinking of my tulpa, or imposing/parroting where I'll feel a small rush of an anxiety-like feeling, followed by a slightly faster heart beat, even though I know for sure I'm just actively forcing the imposition myself. Im generally a skeptic of most things until I can somehow prove to myself that it can be explained. Also, quite often while I'm in bed I'll be thinking up fantasy scenarios, and even before I decided to create a tulpa I'd already had a wonderland, voice, personality and form in mind for my tulpa

I was just hoping someone would be able to analyze my situation and give me some guidance maybe, so I gave as much information as I could recall right now

Okay, so here's my situation, I've read about tulpa before and whatnot, and only really decided to attempt to make one about 2 days ago, of course I dont expect to hear/see anything without forcing it. I've pretty much been a thinker for most of my life and had some conversations with myself, almost as if another person in in my head but it has no sentience, however, since I've decided to actually create a tulpa, pretty much whenever I remember I impose my tulpa sitting in a chair or standing somewhere, and I'll occasionally try to speak to her, obviously no answer, however it's happened once or twice where I'll just be thinking of my tulpa, or imposing/parroting where I'll feel a small rush of an anxiety-like feeling, followed by a slightly faster heart beat, even though I know for sure I'm just actively forcing the imposition myself. Im generally a skeptic of most things until I can somehow prove to myself that it can be explained. Also, quite often while I'm in bed I'll be thinking up fantasy scenarios, and even before I decided to create a tulpa I'd already had a wonderland, voice, personality and form in mind for my tulpa

I was just hoping someone would be able to analyze my situation and give me some guidance maybe, so I gave as much information as I could recall right now

Sounds like an emotional response. I had one a few days in as well, only instead of anxiety it was joy.

"The Question is not who is going to let me, its who is going to stop me"~ Ayn Rand

I don't understand, an emotional response from myself or my tulpa?

Tulpa. Its generally how they communicate before they can speak.

"The Question is not who is going to let me, its who is going to stop me"~ Ayn Rand

Sounds like you have head pressure. It's completely normal, just means you're giving your brain a good exercise. Your mind isn't used to this kind of strain and head pressure is the result of it. It's generally looked upon as a sign of progress, a sign that forcing is doing something.

Here's a few threads on it:

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-forcing-aches-and-pressures-a-result-of-tulpaforcing

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-slightly-painful-head-pressures

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-sentience-head-pressures?pid=108052#pid108052

Okay, thanks! I don't want to jump to conclusions or worry needlessly given I'm about a week into the tulpaforcing but knowing these headaches and/or pressures are a good sign is one less thing to worry about. :)

Hey, totally new user here. I've heard about tulpae before, but something finally clicked, and I decided to check it out. probably because the description I read made use of no magical mumbo-jumbo, and referred to everything as scientifically as possible. Anyways, I've always had a good imagination, I've loved to draw since I was little, especially people. My "wonderland" is in pretty great detail, and always consistent, trees, grassy fields, and a huge winding tree house in a forrest attached to a cozy rustic home. It's right by a white sandy beach, and surrounded by mountains on either side. The sun rises and sets between the mountain range, split by a huge warm lake. It took me a few minutes to complete the image.

Strangely though, I seem to have trouble picturing my tulpa's face. Also to note, I'm aiming for an entirely real, non-fantastical form, as opposed to an anime character (nothin' 'gainst anime, I like it myself don't you know).

tl;dr

Any exercises to keep my tulpa's face uniform when I think of him/her?

Guest amber5885

I have a human tulpa too, his name is Toby and we have in fact had that issue before,

Human faces are hard, if you can go to morph thing.com and try to create a picture as close as possible to your tulpa that might help or if you can drawn that's another avenue to go down.

With me when we would force he would have me too at him out of the corner of my eye, try to see him without seeing him. I don't know why it worked, I guess your subconcious picks up more detail than the concious mind maybe but that really worked and now when we have issues holding him in focus he steps off to the side and I try to see him without seeing him of that makes any sense.

Feel free to send me a PM if you need further explanation. It does take time before you can hold your tulpa in your minds eye perfectly though it really is a practice thing.

But that's my experiance. Welcome to the boards, If you need anything I'm only a PM away.

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic