Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

It's hard to say what's normal and what's not. Some people do get responses very quickly, while others don't for a very long time. You're just one of the lucky ones. Trust her, trust yourself, and go with it.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's hard to say what's normal and what's not. Some people do get responses very quickly, while others don't for a very long time. You're just one of the lucky ones. Trust her, trust yourself, and go with it.

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind while I work with her^^

Lucy is my only tulpa to date. I 'created' her on February 1, 2015.

(Why the airquotes? Well, I'd been talking to someone in my head before that but always assumed that person to be male...then I found out she wasn't.)

Hi everyone,

im totally new to this tulpaforcing/tulpamancy/whatever. I discovered this a week days ago in a post on dreamview, and after a thinking a few days, I decided to make a female tulpa yesterday.

there was a question popped up today. im sorry if these question have been asked before in forum:

when I visualize her whole body (I am now trying to define her body shape, face, skin tone, etc), should I imagine her standing still, or her doing stuff like walking, jumping, smile, tilt her head, etc? im having difficulty imagining her standing still, so I thought it is better to imagine her body shape, face, etc while she is moving and doing stuff with me, but now im afraid that I will puppeting instead of visualizing..

sorry for the long question. I have digged through the forum to find some answer but there is still some confusion in my mind. any answer is greatly appreciated!

I'm mostly new to tulpamancy too. I've read some stuff about it, but I don't feel all that confident. I feel like I just jumped into creating my Tulpa when I should've just waited for a while first. I can't see her, only visualize her, and I think I'm just puppeting at the moment. I visualize her in the real world (it seemed like the most logical option at the time), but throughout the day it's as if I forget she exists, and like I'm controlling her words and actions myself. I properly introduced myself to her last night, and during our meeting it was pretty quiet. I didn't know what to say, and she just stared back at me. It's rather unnerving to be wishing you're speaking with another person, but instead all you mostly see is your closet door. We don't talk that much, I guess, but when I text or type other people, she's always eager to jump in (it works with just writing too).

"We tell the story." -Once On This Island mantra

That sounds like a pretty typical experience when you're just starting. Keep at it, and things will get better. If texting and writing works well for you guys, keep doing it. I know lots of people have had a lot of success talking on the IRC. Maybe that's your sort of thing.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I'm in the process of creating my tulpa. I try to talk to her but I think all the answers are coming from me. How can I know for sure if she's talking or if I'm making up the answers?

Thank you :)

Just keep working at it. In time your tulpa's voice will become distinct from your own. You could try having her surprise you ("HEY! TULPA! SURPRISE ME!"), or have her address you by name every time she talks to you, i.e. "gadget, let's go outside and get some sun". This is called the nametag method, and it works off the assumption that you don't think to yourself in the second person. As long as you don't regularly think to yourself "you should go outside," instead of "I should go outside," it should work.

Hello! I've been forcing (mostly passive, haven't had the time and, unfortunately, the energy for too much active forcing) for nearly 5 months now and haven't made much progress. My main concern is that the current lifestyle and environment I am in are affecting him. He never seems to do anything on his own, and only reacts either when I prompt a reaction or puppet it myself, making me wonder if he is sentient enough to think freely. Is it possible for the current state of mind to affect or hinder a tulpa's long-term development? My current situation is a stressful fast-food job where I seem to take most of the heat and not much time for dedicated meditation at home, either from not wanting to abandon my girlfriend for hours at a time or simply from unintentionally passing out from work-related fatigue. I want to know if this will affect him directly, and if so if there is anything I can do to encourage or stimulate his growth. I'm hoping to learn a lot from the community, and look forward to become more active!

Me speaking to Ran is blue

Ran speaking to me is mahogany

Hello! I've been forcing (mostly passive, haven't had the time and, unfortunately, the energy for too much active forcing) for nearly 5 months now and haven't made much progress. My main concern is that the current lifestyle and environment I am in are affecting him. He never seems to do anything on his own, and only reacts either when I prompt a reaction or puppet it myself, making me wonder if he is sentient enough to think freely. Is it possible for the current state of mind to affect or hinder a tulpa's long-term development? My current situation is a stressful fast-food job where I seem to take most of the heat and not much time for dedicated meditation at home, either from not wanting to abandon my girlfriend for hours at a time or simply from unintentionally passing out from work-related fatigue. I want to know if this will affect him directly, and if so if there is anything I can do to encourage or stimulate his growth. I'm hoping to learn a lot from the community, and look forward to become more active!

Hi etherealcabbage!

I advice you to talk to it whenever you can and ask questions even if you don't get any answers even if it does not feel like it's "alive" yet, if you don't have time to force during the day you could take a moment at night before you go to sleep and continue with the passive, don't feel bad about the progress, it's different for everyone how fast the process is, I would also advice you not to make it do any actions when it is not ready to show any kind of actions on it's own.

An advice from mine "it's only as alive as you allow it to be."

Be open minded, take it slow and wait until it's ready on it's own.

**Proud to be a drug free thoughtform!**

Hi etherealcabbage!

I advice you to talk to it whenever you can and ask questions even if you don't get any answers even if it does not feel like it's "alive" yet, if you don't have time to force during the day you could take a moment at night before you go to sleep and continue with the passive, don't feel bad about the progress, it's different for everyone how fast the process is, I would also advice you not to make it do any actions when it is not ready to show any kind of actions on it's own.

An advice from mine "it's only as alive as you allow it to be."

Be open minded, take it slow and wait until it's ready on it's own.

Alright, I'll do that then. My biggest concern is the sort of topics that say 4+ hours of solely active forcing a day (as well as logging hour counts) make me feel inferior, and that he won't form as thoroughly as he could. I want to give him the very best, but working under stressful conditions that leave me mentally and physically exhausted have me concerned about if I'm going to leave him emotionally vacant or permanently scarred.

Me speaking to Ran is blue

Ran speaking to me is mahogany

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic