Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

My wonderland changes quite frequently. Edwin spends a lot of time there creating and altering things, and oftentimes what I enter to find surprises me. If your tulpa creates something that you do not like in your wonderland, be sentimental and kindly request that they remove or change it. Simply wiping the slate clean will demean their creativity and individuality and may lead them to develop resentment toward you. Just as you spend a lot of time creating and altering the wonderland yourself, it takes them time and effort too.

You may also be able to have different alternate wonderlands, one that your tulpa can change and one that remains the same as how you created it. Or you can set aside a section of your wonderland that they are allowed to alter as they please. But remember, should you feel things get out of hand, if you feel your tulpa is overstepping their boundaries, remember that it is your mind and you are ultimately in control.

[align=center]"Jesus Pickles!"

~ Edwin reacting to pretty much every jump scare in a horror movie[/align]

Avatar was made by me using a base.

My DeviantArt Account

Progress Report

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello there. I THINK this is the right place for my questions. I have just recently been introduced to the idea of tulpas. The reason for this is a friend that I have. Without going into details, I am skeptical and I hope that it is still ok for me to ask questions about the idea of tulpas.

Hello there. I THINK this is the right place for my questions. I have just recently been introduced to the idea of tulpas. The reason for this is a friend that I have. Without going into details, I am skeptical and I hope that it is still ok for me to ask questions about the idea of tulpas.

Welcome! There's no problem that you are sceptical, you came here for a reason and I'm sure you will learn a lot from this community.

**Proud to be a drug free thoughtform!**

• 1 month later...

Hello, so I'm pretty new here and I learned about tulpas in very interesting way. Ah reddit and nosleep. I have a few questions tho.

1. Could my tulpa respond to me by sending chills through parts of my body. I really am not sure if it's natural, but it usually feels that this is response to me saying her name.

2. Could I talk to her only in my mind and is talking aloud needed, although I feel like she prefers if I talk aloud.

3. Another thing is that English is not my native language, but sometimes my thoughts are English. Does my tulpa know the languages I know or I'm learning (like French) or she speaks only my native language?

4. Can my tulpa know information I don't know? (like other languages or studies I haven't learned)

5. Can my tulpa know everything I know without the need of telling her that? (my past, memories, my family members, friends etc.)

6. Can I give the ability to my tulpa to shapeshift in whatever form she desires (of course it would take a while to get there)?

That are the questions I have for now but I'm sure I'll come up with even more :D

There isn't light without darkness.

I have a few questions tho.

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. With bilingual hosts, sometimes the tulpa knows both languages the host knows, sometimes only one of them.

4. No, but it's possible that your tulpa knows things that you're not aware you know. For example, English speakers who don't know French do surprisingly well at separating real French words from made up words that sound French. In a similar way, your tulpa might pick up things about a language that you know, but you're not aware that you know.

5. If that's what you want, yes.

6. Yes.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Thank you for the fast answer. :3 I know my questions were probably very obvious, but I wanted to be sure.

There isn't light without darkness.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi !

I got quite interested about Tulpa recently and through researches I'm already well informated about it. I'm thinking about trying to make one since a while, then I just started to sharpen my researches, collect more data, to be sure to not miss step something or take a bad start.

I'm a French native then I didn't found this forum directly, but I just saw the huge list of guides and had 2 though : " Damn that's a lot of informations we can found here " + " Omg there is so many of these guides "

And... I have just one question then : Where do I start ???

I understand English quite well, but I'm sure I'll never read every guides there, I want to concentrate on the creation process and I already know the basics, but instead of following the process that I saw on another Forum I wanna know if there is other important details or tips, or differences that are worth to be considered.

I'm not sure I explained my thought well, but in short ( TL;DR ) : For starting to make a Tulpa, on which guides shall I give my attention ?

Choose the guide you feel would be a good start for you, there are many different ways to create a tulpa, it doesn't have to be done in any specific order or with specific methods, you do what works for you, the guides are an idea of how you could create a tulpa, it's a way that worked for the person who wrote the guide.

There is nothing you have to do, you don't even need to narrate a personality if you don't really want to, it would then develop it's own personality in time instead of having a specific one.

There are different kinds of tulpas that are created in different ways but end up with the same result, they become tulpa like, they become sentient.

Invisible friends are a good example of how to create a tulpa in my opinion, it is not a tulpa yet but it could become when given time and effort.

Note that parroting is still a good idea to use to teach a tulpa how to move, speak and use emotions until it is sentient, but the tulpa should be given a chance to act on its own.

**Proud to be a drug free thoughtform!**

Alright, so I recently found out about the concept of a tulpa, and while I am a bit skeptical, I do still think that it might be possible. After all, some people have DID, so it is already possible for more than one personality to occupy a brain. The question is whether or not it can be done through sheer force of will.

So anyways, I'm curious so I've decided to try it out, I've put in several hours of concentration.

Anyways, I was trying visualization, and the form I'm thinking about is a red headed woman. It may be because it's not exactly an unusual or fantastical form, but I can very easily visualize several aspects without much effort. I'm trying to put in more detail currently, but the guide I've been reading has emphasized how the first few times I might not even be able to visualize anything, and how it takes a very long time, so I was wondering if I was visualizing in the wrong way. Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Grammar

I'm new to tulpas, and I keep trying to imagine mine. I can see her in my head, but she won't transmit any thoughts.

I had a head pressure yesterday and I had a rush of uninterpretable thoughts.

Any help?

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic