Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

If this helps she isn't sentient, maybe slightly, i'm usually able to feel her presence but every since last night i can't feel her and when i narrate it feels like i'm talking to nothing even when i intend thoughts to her.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If this helps she isn't sentient, maybe slightly, i'm usually able to feel her presence but every since last night i can't feel her and when i narrate it feels like i'm talking to nothing even when i intend thoughts to her.

If you worry about this too much, that's only going to make the situation worse for you. It's not uncommon to feel like you're just talking to yourself at the beginning, and the point is to work past that by continuing with narration and interacting with your tulpa.

I've been narrating to my tulpa a lot and usually my mind is completely focused on what I'm saying, but lately I'm noticing quiet murmurs of some sort. Maybe I'm parroting, but I can't really tell. Is it my tulpa? And if it is, will it speak like this forever?

No nonsense. Just Tulpa.

Blak does this a lot when she's tired. It sounds pretty different from how she usually speaks. Your concern is understandable, after all, guides talk very little of gibberish and the likes. It is possible it's your tulpa, but, time will tell.

Parroting tends to be a conscious act.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

would it be a good idea to make a tulpa when i have depersonalization disorder?

I'm not sure if my tulpa would make it worse or not.. ;;; do you guys know ??

I apologize if I come off as ignorant, for I am uneducated on depersonalization disorder, and only possess general information regarding DPD.

We'll start by defining a tulpa. A tulpa is an intelligent being that lives in your mind. It is a part of you, yet not a part of you. It is you, yet not you. In the sense that, well, it inhabits your mind and requires your personal attention to live, the tulpa is part of your mind, but such an alien one that the mind can make the difference altogether.

I am aware that depersonalization involves a lot of negative symptoms, as a friend has it, and struggles to put up with life and his own entourage. I apologize if this is blunt, but do you have an official diagnosis? Or is it more of a self-diagnosis? Could you please inform us of your most eminent symptoms? Cases may vary.

The best answer you'd get would be from someone with a DPD diagnosis. I would say that this is a sensitive topic, since a lot of things can happen in your mind. I am not one to make such claims usually, but there may be cases in which you struggle to attach yourself to your own identity, so I will dare to say that tulpamancy could lead to identity distortion, in very small odds, though. We're speaking in the case you assume the tulpa to be you, at some point. I'm really unaware of HOW the mind of a DPD works.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

I've been narrating to my tulpa a lot and usually my mind is completely focused on what I'm saying, but lately I'm noticing quiet murmurs of some sort. Maybe I'm parroting, but I can't really tell. Is it my tulpa? And if it is, will it speak like this forever?

There's a slight possibility that these murmurs could be related to your tulpa, but I would wait a bit to see how things go. Try asking questions to elicit a response over the next few days. Parroting and puppeting are generally conscious acts, but it's possible that these are just stray thoughts. And no, if this is your tulpa, the voice will likely get stronger with time.

I do want to make a tulpa but I'm not certain I have a preconception of them, nor if I want to have a preconception. And I'm looking for resources that go about making a tulpa that develops his own personality. Please help and point me in the right direction:)

I do want to make a tulpa but I'm not certain I have a preconception of them, nor if I want to have a preconception. And I'm looking for resources that go about making a tulpa that develops his own personality. Forgive me by definition there is material out there that I haven't found, which is a little against the rules, posting here. Please help and point me in the right direction:)

The first guide I read that skipped personality was Irish's. I would suggest reading through it for some basic information, but keep in mind that some of it might be outdated. You can read any general guide and just scroll past the personality section to focus on other things like narration and visualization.

I'm at point of just doing research about tulpae from forums and guides and pondering the benefits about it without starting to do anything just yet. In some guides I have read that when starting to visualize your friend you should start visualizing him/her naked, as otherwise the clothing you imagine might stick to him/her as a permanent part that and he/she won't be able to change them. Not like it would be really a problem with me, but I was wondering does this really tend happen when you visualize him/her only with certain set of clothes on and how other people have done it?

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic