Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

Your welcome and no worries we love people who like to write around here! It is a discussion forum for sharing after all! Nice to meet you as well!

I do love writing ^_^ I want to be an author someday but it'll be a long time before I'm in the headspace to do that, lol.

I'm about to make a Progress Report topic 'cause I think I have enough that I can talk about for now. It may be slow-going for a while though given how long the first part of the process is taking xD

Another question came to mind earlier and it's been baffling me. The voice. I thought 'oh I already know what she sounds like, so that's great' ... One problem: the anime doesn't have an English dub, and no matter how much I try, I can't imagine her vocals speaking English. It just comes out weird, almost like 'engrish' :S I'm either going to have to imagine a different voice for her, try to figure out a way to make her speak English without it sounding weird through lots of practice, or hope to god she works it's out for herself if she manages to become independent xD I wonder if anyone else has had this problem before and has any tips for how to do it? I'm usually pretty good at imagining things but whenever I try to imagine her speaking English, her Japanese speaking patterns flood in and make it sound weird. If I didn't know that I haven't actually tried to create HER yet, I'd almost think she was influencing my decisions already, or at least pulling one of her stupid pranks xD

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let me preface this post by saying I knew about tulpae for a long time, but only yesterday did I begin to make mine.

I've began by visualizing him in my head, visualizing our wonderland, and just talking to him, and parroting conversations (I know what I want for his personality).

Well, what should I work on from here on out? I have lurked here and read several guides, but I'm still confused about what to do at the very beginning. My goal for now if vocalization, and ultimately sentience.

Any advice is very well appreciated :)!

Well, what should I work on from here on out? I have lurked here and read several guides, but I'm still confused about what to do at the very beginning. My goal for now if vocalization, and ultimately sentience.

For the long term, I would advise you to teach your tulpa compassion. My family are reasonably happy and I think it is partially due to having hit on this idea some 20 or more years back.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

• 2 months later...

DO tulpas somehow feed off attention? Is there some sort of benefit or advantage it gives them?

probably the opposite

Tulpa: Neobe

I think we've achieved sentience.

I'd say they indeed do, because attention means host focus.

Therefore it trains us to hear/perceive the tuppers better (for those assuming sentience from the begginning)

Therefore it gives them more substance, accuracy and presence (for the others)

No animosity intended ever 

Cora now has her own account ! :D

English isn't our native language, please be indulgent :)

Yes, very truly and completely.

But it is not 100% straightforward. See, before tulpa, your brain gives you 100% of your attention. Even when focussing on something else, that focus is going through you, strengthening your personality. You feed off your attention. You can also feed off your tulpa's attention if your tulpa decides you are getting too weak.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

• 2 weeks later...

Oookay, I've got a question. A few, but I'll start with just the one. :) For background info: I'm about ten days into the process, active forcing for roughly an hour a day + narration, focusing on personality before visualization. Before I started forcing, though, I came up with an ideal form and a mindscape for him - Kiel - to hang about in. Visualizing is very very easy for me as an artsy type so the form ended up becoming quite detailed kind of by accident. 

However, sometimes I get flickers of a different form. Still human, so the changes aren't drastic, but they're different enough for me to have noticed obviously, haha. This second form is generally consistent each time I see it as well.

The question is this: Should I continue to think of the original form I had in mind, or should I accept the new one that keeps popping up in its place without question from now on? 

I'm not sure whether to consider it deviation or just me being distracted somehow (idk), and I've asked Kiel each time it happens but haven't received a reply, which doesn't surprise me considering how early-on we are. I just wasn't expecting deviation so soon, though I guess this might be what happens when you do personality first and visualization second :P lol.

Just wondering what y'all make of the whole "possible version 2.0" thing that's going on. Any input would be appreciated!

From my experience if you visualize your Tulpa and something seems off, it is something they have changed.

You could "force" the form you made on them and just let them know you will let them change it later, but that is up to you.

If you do decide to switch to the new form and you aren't getting the same connection, switch back.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

From my experience if you visualize your Tulpa and something seems off, it is something they have changed.

You could "force" the form you made on them and just let them know you will let them change it later, but that is up to you.

If you do decide to switch to the new form and you aren't getting the same connection, switch back.

You know, it hadn't even occurred to me to give the new form a "test drive" and see if it felt the same! It's such a simple thing, I feel kind of silly that I didn't realize that was an option.  xD  But I'll definitely try that first and see how it goes. Thanks much!

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic