Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

Phew, finally got through all 37 pages of beginner questions! Currently wiping sweat from my forehead!

So here are some things I'm curious about:

It's normal for us to internalize the voices of people who've influenced our lives. For example I hear my mom telling me not to leave my shoes in the middle of the floor or someone will trip over them, and I hear my illustration professors critiquing my art whenever I draw.* You know that trope on tv when a character is trying to make a decision and the faces of other characters float over their head, repeating stuff they've said? It's like that. Since this is so common, it seems like it would be reasonable for your internalized voices to influence your tulpa or your wonderland. Lots of tulpas are inspired by fictional characters who stuck around, right? Why wouldn't it happen with real people too?

Has anyone created a tulpa based on someone they've known in real life?

What about someone they love who's died?

Do your tulpas ever speak in the voice of your parents or teachers or friends, or interact with those voices?

In your wonderland, do you encounter people from your memories?

Has anyone designed a tulpa thinking something like "I want a tulpa to be my mother figure while my mom isn't here?" Or if you have a bad mom, you could create a good mom to be your headmate and give you the nurturing you need.

Tell me about if/how real people you've known show up in your inner world.

Thanks, cuties! <3

* To clarify, I don't "hear" them with my ears like a hallucination, but a vivid memory of their words and tone of voice plays in my head.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Why wouldn't it happen with real people too?

2. Has anyone created a tulpa based on someone they've known in real life?

3. What about someone they love who's died?

4. Do your tulpas ever speak in the voice of your parents or teachers or friends, or interact with those voices?

5. In your wonderland, do you encounter people from your memories?

6. Has anyone designed a tulpa thinking something like "I want a tulpa to be my mother figure while my mom isn't here?" Or if you have a bad mom, you could create a good mom to be your headmate and give you the nurturing you need.

7. Tell me about if/how real people you've known show up in your inner world.

Numbered your questions for ease.

1. People are influenced by fictional characters. There are people who watch a character and want to adjust their traits to be more like them. This isn't exclusive to tulpa. This is the same for us, but we can do it easier because we don't have to stick to societal norms and such.

2. & 3. Both of these are not recommended. For the first one the Tulpa could believe they need to match the other person, or be confused when they find out they aren't the person. As for someone dead some of the same applies but you also have the knowledge that the Tulpa will deviate and not end up as the same person who has passed.

4. We can change our voices some, but why would we want to use the voice of someone else if we aren't that person?

5. This hasn't happened to us, but it has happened. I think Finley was talking about it before and she had been to a Barnes & Noble where the cashier was selling some nice jewelry that was handmade. A few weeks later she was exploring the wonderland and seen the same woman as a "NPC" running a jewelry market stall.

6. See two and three. A motherly figure could be created but creating one based on your mother is a bad idea.

7. Usually if outside people are to show up in your wonderland they are NPC's. They aren't self-aware or sentient and just do idle tasks or barely interact. Like a merchant that wanders around a store talking about selling stuff or whistling a tune. When you ask them about it they will sell you stuff but that is about the end of their capabilities.

"...the last thing you wanted a witch to do was get bored and start making her own amusements,

because witches sometimes had famously erratic ideas about what was amusing.”

- Terry Pratchett

Discord: Ivy#8937

What about someone they love who's died?

I'm sure that people have.

To understand why that's a horrible idea, think about tulpas as children.

Imagine having a child. Imagine that your sig other dies afterwards. Now imagine emotionally manipulating that child into being more like their deceased parent so that you don't have to deal with your grief.

People actually do this with real kids, by the way. Let that sink in.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." - Carl Sagan

Host: SubCon | Tulpas: Sol, Luna, Alice, Little One, Beast and Solune (me) | Servitors: Odonata, Guardian

Hello. Newbie tulpamancer here. I guess I would also like to introduce myself to the Q&A community.

Four questions:

What is the best way to treat head pressure?

Why is the process of creating a tulpa making me emotional?

Why does creating a tulpa mess with my thoughts? I will try to answer the questions of normal, real people, but I can't seem to get anything to come out of my mouth. Can I get some help with this?

I'm a very new tulpamancer that has had experience with forums. 

My tulpas name is Frey... not too sure about much else.

If the head pressure is also a headache, ask your tulpa to avoid them. Otherwise, work on using it as a way to communicate.

Probably emotion sharing from your tulpa. Unless the process is particularly meaningful to you? Does it awaken old memories?

That is complicated and probably not a beginner question. Because that does not normally happen.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

If the head pressure is also a headache, ask your tulpa to avoid them. Otherwise, work on using it as a way to communicate.

Probably emotion sharing from your tulpa. Unless the process is particularly meaningful to you? Does it awaken old memories?

That is complicated and probably not a beginner question. Because that does not normally happen.

I think the head pressure might be more scientifically related instead of caused by your tulpa. As I mentioned, my thought process has slowed down noticeably. I think the reason for these two problems is that I am using parts of my brain that have never been used before and I am using them constantly. I think of it like this... 

If you run an intense new game like battlefield 1 on an older computer, your computer (the brain) will probably overheat (head pressure/pain) and you will most likely experience a drop in frame rate (slowed mental processes)

I'm a very new tulpamancer that has had experience with forums. 

My tulpas name is Frey... not too sure about much else.

Hello. Newbie tulpamancer here. I guess I would also like to introduce myself to the Q&A community.

Four questions:

What is the best way to treat head pressure?

Why is the process of creating a tulpa making me emotional?

Why does creating a tulpa mess with my thoughts? I will try to answer the questions of normal, real people, but I can't seem to get anything to come out of my mouth. Can I get some help with this?

You can treat head pressures any way you'd like. They aren't necessarily related to tulpas 100% of the time, but it might be helpful to associate them with your tulpa if you notice that you're experiencing them more often; if you do that, it'll likely help you remember your tulpa and make narrating a lot easier on you.

Creating a tulpa can be a very personal, emotional process, so it's not uncommon for hosts to be affected in that way. Also, emotional responses, where the tulpa sends a wave of emotion to the host, can be used as a means of communication.

I'm not sure if your last question has anything to do with tulpas, and I haven't seen anything like that mentioned before.

Also, computer analogies generally fall short when people try to explain the human mind.

I had a lot of eclipsing with Ivy when I started. I noticed that all the tasks I was used to seemed difficult at work.

I believe this was because of her somehow impeding my motor skills but it may have just been an overall impedance instead.

If I remember right this lasted about a week for me.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic