Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

I want to design a tulpa who has quite a few things in common with me for the sake of getting along well. Would I be able to pick out what kind of person they'll be and what they like or dislike?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can but you are not guaranteed that they will retain all of them or any of them. They will deviate.

Consider them more as ideals than as traits. "You should consider compassion as an ideal because xyz"

Many of your questions are easily answered by using the search at the top right. If you have more similar questions please use the beginner questions thread.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

yes, yes you could. In the developing stage your tulpas' personality will revolve around the personality you give them. You could also let them choose to discover on what kind of a person they will going to be.

Hello! I am one of Nihi's Tulpas! It is very nice to meet you! :D

You can, but you'll often find that some of those traits will change over time as you get to know your tulpa better. This happened to me with Karl; he started off as a character I wrote for a roleplaying game. He's kept some of the traits he started with but others have gradually changed over time. For example he's more serious than he used to be in the beginning.

Likes and dislikes will often surprise you as they are discovered. I was very surprised to find that Maitimo (who is really a soulbond rather than a tulpa, based on Maedhros from The Silmarillion) really likes chocolate. A LOT. And Karl is afraid of spiders, which I also didn't expect.

- Lewis

Host/writer of Cas, Timo and Karl

@Naturegirl1999: all of the possession specific guides are written just for you. First rule of tulpamancy. There is nothing you are supposed to do. Find what works through experimentation.

@Noutaja: The first rule of tulpamancy. There is nothing you are supposed to do. Find what works through experimentation. Don't panic. I wouldn't expect a bird to fly the day it was born. Being in a mess means you are thrusting yourself into the mix, a state which is an optimal learning environment.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Being in a mess means you are thrusting yourself into the mix, a state which is an optimal learning environment.

Wow, that was some unexpectedly good advice right at the end. I've never really thought of it like that, only in the context of learning languages (by living in the place people speak them).

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• 1 month later...

I guess this is the best place to post my question, since I've only been trying tulpamancy for 3 days.  My question is, has anyone else experienced their tulpa alter their sense of taste, or hunger? This feeling started yesterday, I barely feel like eating anything. When I do eat, it's as if my acquired taste has been reset. Everything tastes different, more potent, richer even. The only way I can make food taste remotely the same is by concentrating on what it's supposed to taste like. This is so out of the blue, and I have no clue how to interpret it.

I guess this is the best place to post my question, since I've only been trying tulpamancy for 3 days.  My question is, has anyone else experienced their tulpa alter their sense of taste, or hunger? This feeling started yesterday, I barely feel like eating anything. When I do eat, it's as if my acquired taste has been reset. Everything tastes different, more potent, richer even. The only way I can make food taste remotely the same is by concentrating on what it's supposed to taste like. This is so out of the blue, and I have no clue how to interpret it.

[ice] Had this happen when making one of the younger tulpas, A., who was the first one deliberately made using the techniques of this community. Our senses of taste got a bit blended the first month and found out the hard way that she absolutely hates soda when drinking a soda and not being able to stomach it. This sort of preference and taste blurring can happen early on. It can also happen later too but then it is easier to identify the blending that is taking place usually.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

What about waking up in the middle of the night? I never used to, and was going to dismiss it as an isolated incident, but this is the third night in a row now; currently almost 1AM. It's worth noting that when I wake up, I usually can't find her, but I know she's still asleep.

I experienced similar. I attribute it to them either not being on the same sleep schedule or possibly their mind still being awake or dreaming.

It goes away with time.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic