Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

yeah my definition of "normal ways" is probably all over the map too. But staring at a static silhouette while listening to static for an hour is NOT among them

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks. To be honest, I didn't really expect much to begin with, and only tried this as an experiment. Thanks for making this more clear, now that I think about it, it's just common sense, really.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello! I'm new here and I have some questions. I've read guides but I'm still not sure.

1) I've skipped personality and I have some idea about Athena's form(I'm not sure how to explain but I can picture her, though it's kinda blurry, I can't do it effortlessly.)

I've now started narration. Am I doing this right or have I missed something?

2) I have trouble getting consistent narration times. Is there some sort of optimal daily time for narration (Like, how many minutes or hours...)

3) Sometimes when I talk it seems like she is talking back but I'm not sure if it's just me talking alone, since I'm very early in the creation process. How can I know when she's sentient?

P.S: I'm not trying to make a tulpa of the goddess Athena, I just like the name.

Hello! I'm new here and I have some questions.

There are plenty of different ways to tackle creation, so read as many guides as you can to familiarize yourself with the methods and do whatever you feel suits you best. It's fine to ignore personality work and jump into narration and visualization if that's what you want to do, but there's no set order. With narration there's no optimal time, just do it whenever you can to get used to it.

People usually mention that a tulpa's responses feel "alien" and that you'll know when it's them. If you think that bouncing your thoughts off of possible responses might help, go for it, but there's always the chance that your mind is just racing to formulate a response to whatever question or comment you're asking. Read through some of the progress reports to see others' experiences and maybe you can get an idea of what to look out for.

Does belief play a part in tulpa creation? Like you have to believe in them and that your tulpa will "awaken" if you really belove in them. Im in the stages of starting to force personality traits and trying to talk to my tulpa (I already figured out form and all that) But I'm suddenly feeling doubtful...I know it takes a while and I should (and need) to be patient but I'm just feeling like I'm talking to myself and just making an OC.

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic