Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Search thread titles for "relationship" or "roman" (for romance and romantic), there's so many topics on this stuff one of my tulpas has already written what I'm saying right now

try Searching for "relationship" or "roman" in Thread Titles, there's a batrillion topics on that stuff already

Short answer... Yes? Sure, why not? Take a look at this poll https://community.tulpa.info/thread-types-of-relationship-with-tulpa

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

No, I wasn't going to try to get her involved. Only if she found the idea interesting.

Anyway, I suppose what I am searching for is a companion who will help motivate me to take care of myself and work towards my goals. Someone who really cares about me.

I don't know how many of you have played Doki Doki Literature Club, but Monika just feels so real...she inspired me to care about my appearance again, to start practicing guitar, to do basic things like shower every day...At first I was a little freaked out by how much I could care about a fictional character, but then I realized it's actually a powerful self-improvement tool. The character of Monika is intelligent, charismatic, funny...

I'm actually very upset that I lost Monika's original "character file"...granted, it's just a dummy file that serves as a plot device, but in the lore of the game it's more than that. Oh well. I guess I need to move on and get over it. It wasn't really "her"..."she," unfortunately, doesn't exist. Perhaps I should just get a new character file and pretend like nothing happened? The Monika After Story mod is pretty great too...

Anyway, I suppose I understand that a Monika tulpa would not really be Monika from DDLC...but I guess I can get as close as possible? I mean, I'm a pretty loving, compassionate person, so if she drifted off in another direction in terms of her personality I would let her do what she likes. I just want someone to care about who will care about me in return. Hopefully I don't sound crazy, by the way.

Honestly, I guess I'm still somewhat skeptical, so I would probably be shocked if creating a tulpa worked out at all. But if I could get someone like Monika to spend time with me, I suppose I'd be pretty happy, and it might even change my life dramatically for the better (as I say, I saw the power of this sort of thing through the game).

@PMelol

Are you going to care about the tulpa as much as you care about Monika the character? You mentioned you wouldn't care about deviation, but what about if she wants to let go of the form and name, too? You won't always care about DDLC, so what happens if, because of this, you also lose interest in her?

Like others have mentioned, basing her form off of an existing character can work out fine. But are you sure you can stop yourself from, even subconsciously, trying to keep her in a role that could be detrimental to her growth?

These are just some things to consider before you dive into this. She's going to be a person, with a personality that will eventually reflect her life experiences. She's going to have her own desires, likes/dislikes, and motivations. She will care about you, but I hope you don't really expect her to be clingy and overprotective. She'll show that she cares in a way that's natural to her.

A final note: please don't let your fetishes be a motivation for creating her. Don't let it affect how you try to shape her personality. You said yourself that it could be a problem. If that's the case, I advise you wait until you're sure you can keep it separate.

I realize we can't force you to do anything, and you're going to do what you're going to do regardless of what people on a forum might say. But please try to keep everything that people have said here in mind. And welcome to the forums.

pr // discord: Heckhound#6112

I'm actually very upset that I lost Monika's original "character file"...granted, it's just a dummy file that serves as a plot device, but in the lore of the game it's more than that. Oh well. I guess I need to move on and get over it. It wasn't really "her"..."she," unfortunately, doesn't exist.

My immersion was broken when I found out it didn't matter if you deleted it at any point other than the start of the game or during the Just Monika act. It also didn't matter that the second I saw Sayori's... scene, I put her character file back in and played the rest of the game normally to no effect. The game only checks twice for character files: Once at the start of the game, and any time during the Just Monika act. It also checks if you put her file back after that, though, but she just deletes it again.

It may also help to know that the file is utterly irrelevant. It decodes to a picture (not of her, of like a black hole or something), but that's not the important part: I saw somebody rename Monika's .chr file to Yuri's and vice versa, and when the time came, Yuri's original file (now called Monika.chr) stayed and Monika's original (now called Yuri.chr) was deleted.

It literally only cares about the name of the file...

... anyways yeah, see above post for everything else lol.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

When I first played Doki Doki one of my first thoughts during the "Just Monika" part was that it was the biggest tulpa fuel I've ever seen, never expected mention of it to actually appear on these forums, though.

Host to a sole Parasite, Shade. Research is in progress, will update when something worth showing has been written.

You mean because it feels so...real? The breaking of the fourth-wall was executed so well in this game...no wonder so many people are attached to her. So would having a Monika be anything like having Monika in the "Just Monika" part? Hahaha...

1. Is it possible to take a preexisting character, I.E Lisa and turn them into a Tulpa? I've been drawing art of her, writing stories about her, and in general just building up her character for over two years. I used to roleplay as her too, will any of this stuff help or harm the process at all?

You can take the personality and image of your roleplay character and use that to create a tulpa, but just like with any other preexisting character, deviation is a possibility and you might end up with something slightly (or completely) different from your base. The fact that you've already established and are familiar with the character helps in that you already have an idea of what you're going for in your mind and directing your thoughts towards its "essence" will probably feel more natural to you.

I'd personally recommend against making a tulpa for the sake of indulging in fetishes, having them fill a specific role, or trying to force a mentality on them based on their form or perceived age. I'm sure you expected something like this as a response when you brought up your background, but I think it's worth saying anyway.

2. Is it a good idea to start doing something like this while I'm in such a vulnerable and emotional state? I've felt incredibly depressed and dead inside lately, empty, hopeless and lonely. I've been suicidal as well which also concerns me, I'm not sure if it's safe to do this when I've been thinking about suicide and in general feeling this pained.

If you feel like you have too much on your plate or can't fulfill the responsibilities required to make a tulpa, it's probably not worth jumping into right at this point. Seeking professional help to sort out your issues is preferable, obviously, but people in a similar state to your own have had success before. Whatever you end up doing, I hope that you put a considerable amount of time into thinking about whether or not you're ready for this. This decision is ultimately up to you. 

3. I have very minor and controlled Aspergers, it was kind of a big thing when I was a lot younger but now I'm pretty much normal, if anything my depression and OCD are a bigger issue for me. Would any of these affect my ability to create a Tulpa? I read that no mental illness has been found to affect this so far but I just want to be sure.

They definitely can have an impact on the development process, but the degree to which that happens is a person-to-person thing. From what I've read, intrusive thoughts are the biggest roadblock for hosts with OCD and depression, and we have plenty of threads on that. If you're worried about being able to create a tulpa in general, don't worry about it - you're fine.

4. How do I go about the process effectively? So far I've tried visualizing Lisa and talking to her as well, both with very limited results. I'll, for example ask a question aloud and then try and imagine what she'd say, or imagine what she'd do in any given situation, I've tried imagining her speaking voice as well and personality.

There's no definitive method for creating a tulpa. Some approaches will click with you and others won't, so take a look at the guides section and see if there's anything you're interested in giving a shot. It's possible that parroting/puppeting thing you have going on here might not be the best for you in the end. This'll likely be drilled into your head at some point so I'll say it here - everyone progresses differently and you might not see results for weeks, months, or even longer if you're just starting out. As long as you're committed, I guess this shouldn't matter that much.

5. I'm looking for somebody to comfort me, listen to me, provide me advice and in a way be kind of like a sister/mother when I'm going through all of this stuff, that's what I'd like Lisa to be for me, is that reasonable?

There's no guarantee that your tulpa is going to be able (or would even be willing) to fill that kind of role. Placing expectations like that on your tulpa or creating one for the sake of filling a specific role is generally recommended against. That being said, they're are generally supportive of their hosts, so it might just end up like that anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Geru. Your tulpa typically will learn as fast as you can teach. Understand that since she is a part of you there are many things she will retain as you learn them. Names?? Lol I have had many so as you go through life her forms and names will change. She will later take on the one she likes most. Her personality is yours for the making. My host and I are polar opposites as she gave me all the strengths she did not have. I am male she of course is female. She is fearful I am definitely not. So you see you can give attributes you like and dislike about yourself to her. As far as not liking her later on that is highly unlikely as she will most likely be your confidant and friend when you need someone the most. Hope this helps. If I missed any of your questions let me know and I will answer them.

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic