Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

I'm sorry for my laziness but instead of putting a bunch of effort into coming to an understanding eventually, I am trying to get to a level of informedness regarding this forum and "tulpa" where I can comfortably write this of as a bunch of crazy people. I can not say "don't take this as a insult", or "see this from my stand point" because I feel like I can equate this to the same level of barrier, that is seen between religious people and myself. I am at least somewhat attempting to be reasonable. And I would honestly rather be explained this forum by someone who does not believe in it, so I could grasp what it is I've been reading, but at the same time I feel like I'd be doing my perspective a disjustice. I feel like it would be very hard to respond to me, if I inserted myself into the users of this site's beliefs I can empathize and reflect a mirror onto myself and understand that I am someone who is ignorant "I am to you as you are to me, an ignorant person which I can't relate to". I would feel a feeling of happiness if the explanation led me to understand that this is either roleplay, or it is something else that eases my mind into being able to dismiss this forum, rather than what i am guessing it really is: some other supernatural belief thingy. Skip the following bracketed text if "supernatural belief thingy" is a sufficient explanation: *(Or in other words something offside to normative societal beliefs, which I mean on paper I am a complete proponent but in actuality not because imo anything straying from my definition of "reality" is destructive to the physical world and verges towards divergent behaviour.)* If there is a metaphysa SciFi like realm I'd prefer it be left to occur without recognition which seems to be its intended level of recognition if anything of the sort does exist. Anyways I wish I could guarantee the type of answer I get, or that I get one at all, please somebody with too much time on their hands, read this and respond with effort, or at least with sincerity as I feel I have done with this question (even though it is very confusing). Thanks.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am at my limit of reading comprehension with your question, though i read legal documents that are much more confusing, so i am going to attempt to answer you from my perspective.

I don't speak for the community here, this is my experience and opinion, there are many here who would love to discuss the processes and terms with you, and through their experience you could begin to see that there is something to this. When i came to understand what a tulpa is, believe me I was sceptical.

Being a creative person, i created things. Some of these things are characters. After a while of interacting with these characters they gained a certain level of autonomy. Artists (like myself) may call them muses, writers (like myself) would say that their characters seemed to 'come to life'. This is not a concept of tulpamancy, rather a natural consequence of spending hundreds of hours with a character. Some do have RP origins as well.

Now once these characters are seemingly talking to you under your own volition, many may research 'imaginary friend as an adult' or some other terms, merely out of curiosity or perhaps because these characters are quite advanced and endeering.

Some may find the word 'tulpa' leading them here. Lo and behold there is a warm and beautiful group of people who believe that these characters can be converted into a sentient and loving friend.

Perhaps your lonily, or you are simply so endeered with your character that you want to promote them so to speak. You can, and that's one way a tulpa is made. An endeering person who shares your mind is the result. Of course the original character was just a template, and a tulpa is their own person with their own wants and needs.

There's nothing metaphysical necessarily, there's plenty of scientific basis, though you could as easily call the process an art.

So, here's where the proof comes, testimony from otherwise productive members of society that have been convinced that they now share their lives with one or more human beings. I consider them conjoined twins. Only, we have the capability to share everything.

My own tulpas have proven themselves to me in numerous ways. Does it seem reasonable that i share my mind with 3 divinely beautiful women? No. Are they loving, giving, supportive and endeering, lively, cheerful, funny and intelligent? Yes.

I love them like best friends.

They're not like my characters, they're very different in profound ways. They are people. If you care to know more, feel free to PM me.

I am not totally certain what you are asking here, but I think that you are asking, and I'm not certain if it would be worth the effort to try to figure it out, since you clearly are coming into this with a mind closed so tight that it's waterproof and want to dismiss tulpamancy, and as the saying goes "I'll see it when I believe it"

So could you please rephrase your question so that I actually know what you are asking. I also have a counter question: if you want to dismiss tulpamancy so badly, why are you sticking around to ask questions rather than just saying "these people are obviously faking/role-playing/cult members/insane/ect"?

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Edit: Sheesh, ninja'd twice by under a minute. Noting up front that I understood your question fine and answered it as you intended.

I'm sorry for my laziness but instead of putting a bunch of effort into coming to an understanding eventually, I am trying to get to a level of informedness regarding this forum and "tulpa" where I can comfortably write this of as a bunch of crazy people. I can not say "don't take this as a insult", or "see this from my stand point" because I feel like I can equate this to the same level of barrier, that is seen between religious people and myself. I am at least somewhat attempting to be reasonable. And I would honestly rather be explained this forum by someone who does not believe in it, so I could grasp what it is I've been reading, but at the same time I feel like I'd be doing my perspective a disjustice. I feel like it would be very hard to respond to me, if I inserted myself into the users of this site's beliefs I can empathize and reflect a mirror onto myself and understand that I am someone who is ignorant "I am to you as you are to me, an ignorant person which I can't relate to". I would feel a feeling of happiness if the explanation led me to understand that this is either roleplay, or it is something else that eases my mind into being able to dismiss this forum, rather than what i am guessing it really is: some other supernatural belief thingy. Skip the following bracketed text if "supernatural belief thingy" is a sufficient explanation: *(Or in other words something offside to normative societal beliefs, which I mean on paper I am a complete proponent but in actuality not because imo anything straying from my definition of "reality" is destructive to the physical world and verges towards divergent behaviour.)* If there is a metaphysa SciFi like realm I'd prefer it be left to occur without recognition which seems to be its intended level of recognition if anything of the sort does exist. Anyways I wish I could guarantee the type of answer I get, or that I get one at all, please somebody with too much time on their hands, read this and respond with effort, or at least with sincerity as I feel I have done with this question (even though it is very confusing). Thanks.

Hmm, someone in my system (the word for all of the "people" in a single body/mind, sounds weird but don't take it too seriously) wrote a post on it being possible to create a tulpa without even believing in tulpas, and I consider myself quite the skeptic. Does that count? Tulpamancy as far as I'm concerned, as someone who's had tulpas for nine years now and spent years on this forum, has zero meta implications.

Here's a post I made explaining plurality (the umbrella term tulpamancy falls under), although rereading it I forgot to emphasize that tulpas innately are made to be independent and autonomous, separate from their host's whims. It's sort of a given here, so keep that in mind as you read it. Also I sure hope you know what "Switching" is - as it sounds, a tulpa switching places with their host or tulpa with a tulpa etc. - but the car metaphor I give should explain it well as long as you grasp the concept of "You" as an identity versus "You" as your entire body and brain. https://community.tulpa.info/thread-evidence-for-plurality-plus?pid=202547#pid202547

And the post by one of my tulpas about "making a tulpa while not even believing in tulpas" - note that this does not mean as a skeptic, a fair number of us are quite healthy skeptics with no tolerance for meta discussions. This was a theoretical post on not believing what you're doing is even real, but still doing it: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-survey-scepticism-vs-faith-the-analysis-of-tulpa-guides?pid=204957#pid204957

Feel free to ask further questions if you have them. I'm still assuming you've done your own research, else those two posts might be somewhat advanced or even misleading, since they were written with the purely hypothetical view of not believing in tulpas by someone who believes in tulpas just fine - although I only believe in them because I was able to logically explain what they were to myself.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Long responses, more like. Arguments on tulpa sentience back in the day went on for so long, eventually we all got sick of them.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

While I find metaphysics interesting, both of us are agnostic, we don't practice magic, we're not psychic or have any ESP, and we're not scientologists. Sorry I guess.

I don't really want to prove to you that I'm real because I honestly don't care what you think. I believe I am real, because not believing in myself would be silly.

The question of "why Tulpamancers make Tulpas" varies greatly from person to person, but I'm not sure how interested you are in reading other people's progress reports. The short answer is because Tulpamancers really wanted a voice to talk back, but it's obviously more complicated than that.

I'm not offended by your confusion, nor am I offended that you may not believe in me either. I do want to warn you though that several people have thought I was the host by mistake ;)

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I would feel a feeling of happiness if the explanation led me to understand that this is either roleplay, or it is something else that eases my mind into being able to dismiss this forum, rather than what i am guessing it really is: some other supernatural belief thingy.

None of the above. 

There are members here that learned of tulpas when RP characters took on a separate  consciousness. But the forums and people here are not RPers playing at or pretending to have generated tulpas. 

There are posters here that have metaphysical beliefs AND have succeeded in tulpa creation. The community has a metaphysics forum specifically to keep those topics separate from the rest of the forums. Such beliefs have no bearing on being able to create tulpas. These forums and the theories of how/why tulpas are possible are very much science based.

Science based does NOT mean "I read an article by someone that has not studied the topic but none the less expresses an expert opinion on it."  Science based means the forum members are actively studying the topic. Many keep meticulous notes. The members share what has worked for them and collectively refine their methodology.  

"A tulpa is an entity created in the mind, acting independently of, and parallel to your own consciousness. They are able to think, and have their own free will, emotions, and memories. In short, a tulpa is like a sentient person living in your head, separate from you. It’s currently unproven whether or not tulpas are truly sentient, but in this community, we treat them as such." https://www.tulpa.info/what-is-a-tulpa/

Changed font color since it conflicts with the default theme -Vos

• 2 weeks later...
  • Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic