Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

There isn't a "better" way. Some find first person to be harder where some people find 3rd person harder. It will only improve your visualization skills to explore other perspectives, but don't beat yourself up if you prefer one over the other.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I already have an idea of ​​how my tulpa is, her personality and her voice. I want to be able to hear it in real life and not in my mind. Could you explain to me how I can do it? I looked for guides but I didn't find. I would appreciate someone helping me with this part.

We have not achieved perfect auditory imposition, however we have some auditory imposition to the point where we can sometimes mixup real from hallucination.

One thing I recommend is pay attention to how other people sound when they speak next to you. How loud are their voices? Do their voices echo in the room? How do their voices make you feel? The more you pay attention to those little details, the easier it will be for you to recreate those things in mindvoice.

Familiarity also helps. For example, my host likes to play video games on her phone, and one day she wasn't sure why the game music wouldn't quiet when she turned the volume off. If your tulpa's voice sounds like someone you know or an actor, listening to several voice clips over and over can also help.

Over time, your tulpa's voice will sound more realistic, so keep practicing. Good luck.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

It could just be a trigger created through association. I know one system who has a specific songs play in their head based on which headmate is awake.

Thanks for the advice, by the way, every time I try to "connect" with my tulpa to hear it, I can hear a two-note melody with a piano or xylophone. Has anyone happened to something like that?

it could be your tulpa doing it.

I once heard clearly heard music my tulpa was listening too, it was music I'd never heard before. I'd done nothing at all to trigger that off.. same too when my first tulpa started talking to me outside of my head. It wasnt nothing I had to practice first or teach her.

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition

Supposedly in Carl Jung's 'Red Book' he mentions conversations with 'figures of imagination'. Anyone familiar with that. (I would actually love to see his transcripts. I wonder if he ever released a diary or something. We could disect it and see if these figures were like tulpas or not.) Anyway, just a shot, maybe SC or Holodoc knows?

Abour 3:06:26 begins the tulpamancy-like stuff about wonderland type stuff and he explains a surprisingly interesting technique for handling fears, but listen for a few minutes 3:09:20. Here he talks about 'patterns of behavior' that are formed by 'collective imitation' that can form 'figures of imagination' (thoughtforms).

"The figures of imagination can reveal the structures of reality"

That sure sounds a lot like what we learned from switching.

You're assuming that the Red Book isn't Jung's diary for mindscape and headmate activity. I mean, yes, it's full of philosophy and, as far as I can tell, prophecy, but it's very autobiographical.

Goldsmith quoted some of what they judged to be the key tulpamancy-related passages back in 2012:

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-the-red-book-liber-novus

But if you want to study it yourself, have fun:

https://archive.org/details/RedBookByJung

Most of the first half is the original handwritten text, most of the back half is the English translation, and there's lots of additional commentary by scholars in the introductions and footnotes.

It's way too much of an acid trip for me.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

[Ashley] Are you saying it goes too far down the moon rabbit hole for you?

[Joy] Thanks again Ember, I will be digesting the links. My point was that there is more evidence of 'headmates' to some degree, and we (our system) didn't know that before today. Also, there is possibly some legitimacy here that could help. Regardless of Jung's reputation among scholars.

that books sounds very interesting and something I'd like to read to see what I make of it.

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic