Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Decide what you want your tulpa's appearance and personality to be like. This step is no different from creating or choosing a character.

2. Imagine that this character is conscious/sentient and is in your brain with you. Imagine that they are able to hear everything you say to them.

3. On a regular basis, every day if possible, talk to this character using your inner mindvoice (thoughts in the form of words) with the intention that they will hear you. What you talk about does not matter, you can talk about literally anything.

4. Eventually this character will actually become conscious/sentient, and at that point they will be a tulpa. They will then start responding to you with thoughts of their own. You will hear these thoughts in the same way you hear your own thoughts, except these thoughts will not be controlled or decided by yourself.

I have a problem. I worry that Kya (my tulpa) loses strength. When I had just created it, I put all my effort into its progress and it developed rapidly, but lately I forget to interact with it and rarely interact with it. I know that Kya also cares about that. I try to remember her, but I always get distracted by doing something else and I forget. Does anyone give me any advice?

If you're forgetting about your tulpa, put something that reminds you of them in places you spend a lot of time - a name, a picture, a symbol, whatever works for you. If the reminder becomes too familiar and starts blending into the background, change it to something else that will get your attention again. Some people wear a ring that represents their tulpa, others put a sticky note on the edge of their computer monitor. While we haven't had forgetting problems specifically, our second monitor has a rotating sequence of split images -- reference pictures of Vesper on the left side, reference pictures of Iris on the right side.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

If you would like to see the original thread, please go here. -Ranger

No, i mean, get rid of the intrusive thoughtform using that guide. NPC is just another word for a character or other thoughtform that is temporary. Now don't argue that this bad thoughtform isn't temporary, it is, just end it.

Of course your Tulpa stays.

If you are saying that your tulpa and this AI are the same, they're not. Separate them, get rid of the bad one.

I thought that an NPC means non-playing character.It is used in the games I play,such as ESO.

that is what it mean, but tulpamancy borrowed the term to refer to characters/thoughtforms with low agency/sentience that generally aren't intended to become tulpas

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

anything can be turned into a tulpa with forcing though one probably has less control on how it "may" turn out to be as it could be influenced by it's original . NPC = dream character (DC) which has low sentience. These aren't good to hold conversations with. I usually get gabbled words or a few words which make no sense to my question, simply a grunt or turn away if I try.

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition

The way my host and I roleplay together is by co-fronting with an out-system GM. It works very well for us. But you could play games of pretend in your wonderland as well, each taking on whatever character roles you like. This is especially useful if your visualization is better than your tulpa's possession or switching. Or if you want to be able to look back at your roleplaying, take turns typing out paragraphs, after the fashion of play-by-post games.

-Iris

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic