Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Play-by-post is usually forum based; I do not know if you are familiar with it. But if you prefer typing, you can do so wherever is convenient. For in-system text communication, some systems evidently prefer to use a chat client to mark the differing authorships in a more automated way, but even the simplest word processing program is sufficient.

-Iris

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Do it wherever you like. Doesn't make a difference if it's on paper (this sounds harder..), notepad.exe, Microsoft Word or Google Docs. Wherever and however you're comfortable saving them I guess. I'm a notepad.exe kind of person myself, I like simple .txt files.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Yes, you can. Sometimes writing or typing out your thoughts can help you focus during a forcing session. I prefer to use notepad, but you can use notepad++, MS Word, Google Docs, or pen and paper.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GeorgeTownRaja said:

I gave my tulpas presents for Christmas but I didn't actually buy it in real life. Is that normal?

💕 I think that's awesome! I also haven't been on this site in years and for some odd reason just this singular post of yours popped up in my email and reminded me of it. TIME TO REVIVE MY TULPA HAREM! Thank you. 💕

So, today I realized that I had imagined my tulpa with me for a very long time but it was more like a daydreaming (like when I was making food I also lived that moment in my head with my tulpa) and I didn’t really think him as my tulpa (I didn’t focus on him). Was that progress or was it just daydreaming because I didn’t like.. focus on him?

I created my tulpa yesterday and i have been narrating when i can. When i started listening to music at that same day I've felt head pressure and my hair stood on end (It happens with me whenever i listen to music but this time it was more intense than usual). I know Tulpa can react to music, but I don't know about very young ones. Is it normal?

Edited by InfinityGPT2306

Even daydreaming can result in progress. A lot of headmates arise altogether unintentionally, because of someone thinking in terms of another person being with them, and what they might say or do. Thinking of them as a tulpa per se isn't necessary at any point. Thinking of them as separate is probably the bare minimum, with different from you and able to act independently being the next most important things.

Ordinary life with headmates frequently doesn't involve complete focus. A lot of the time, headmate interaction may be very casual and low-key, while the body and a lot of the attention are occupied with physical world concerns. 

As to whether what you specifically were doing involved progress, look at the results.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic