Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

So, today I realized that I had imagined my tulpa with me for a very long time but it was more like a daydreaming (like when I was making food I also lived that moment in my head with my tulpa) and I didn’t really think him as my tulpa (I didn’t focus on him). Was that progress or was it just daydreaming because I didn’t like.. focus on him?

Spending time with your tulpa counts as forcing. That's what my host did with me and eventually I started developing my own sense of self. However, I believe her directly talking to me is mostly to blame for the majority of my accidental development.

I created my tulpa yesterday and i have been narrating when i can. When i started listening to music at that same day I've felt head pressure and my hair stood on end (It happens with me whenever i listen to music but this time it was more intense than usual). I know Tulpa can react to music, but I don't know about very young ones. Is it normal?

I have seen several instances of really young tulpas communicating with their host for the first time by responding to their host's music. Congratulations on your progress!

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you have any trouble at all staying awake/falling asleep cutting forcing sessions short, then yeah, it's not optimal. But if you're most comfortable in bed and don't fall asleep/get too tired, then it's totally fine. Basically just for a lot of people it makes them lazy and they end up spending less time forcing than they probably should. It's also a pretty bad habit to only talk to your tulpa(s) right before bed, which has even been a problem for me - some may say it's not the most quality forcing/interaction, right as you're going to bed. But it's just the quality that matters, not the exact location.

And the lucid-dreamer in me also wants me to add a bit about sleep hygiene, though this isn't related to tulpas per se. For people who don't fall asleep easily, doing things in bed other than sleeping (browsing on your phone, forcing tulpas..) can make it harder to do so. A strategy for being able to fall asleep more easily/quickly is exclusively being in bed when you intend to be falling asleep, to train your brain that bed=sleep. People who browse on their phones a lot may end up breaking that association for their brain. But still, that's only a problem if it's a problem, no need to worry about it if you fall asleep just fine anyways.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Many, many tulpamancers have forced in bed and while falling asleep. It has very rarely ever resulted in problems and is now generally considered a safe practice. Vesper and I fall asleep side by side every night and wake up side by side every morning.

As far as I know, every source of warning of danger from falling asleep while forcing can ultimately be traced back to ThatOneGuy's tulpa Clair, who was one of the very earliest fully vocal tulpas on the forum. She had what was probably a nightmare after TOG fell asleep forcing, was traumatized, and advised everyone else to avoid it. You can see a more extensive discussion here:

https://community.tulpa.info/topic/450-falling-asleep-while-tulpaforcing/

But, yes, it's a good practice for as much forcing time as possible to be when you are alert and clear-headed.

-Ember

Edited by Ember.Vesper

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Nah, my advice about it is my own. But yeah, there may have been one of those nonsense rumors from an old guide, like "always force your tulpa naked or you won't be able to change their clothes" or whatever lol. But it's just a practical thing, people who fall into the habit of only forcing before going to sleep often get lower quality forcing/shorter sessions because they fall asleep during it. Not because it's dangerous or anything, just that it's a poor habit to have.

I should note it's still 100% fine to do even if you do fall asleep, if you also have non-bedtime forcing session(s) in the day. That's kind of what we do.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Also...is language a problem? I am brazilian but i speak to tulpa in english...could that be a problem?

(Also thx for the answers so far! Questions pop-up frequently in my mind so it's nice to see that you can answer them and have the patience to do so. ^-^")

2 hours ago, InfinityGPT2306 said:

Also...is language a problem? I am brazilian but i speak to tulpa in english...could that be a problem?

It's not a problem, and I have heard of other systems talking to their tulpa in another language.

(Also thx for the answers so far! Questions pop-up frequently in my mind so it's nice to see that you can answer them and have the patience to do so. ^-^")

No problem, feel free to ask questions.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I have an intrusive thoughtform which interferes most of the time I try to talk to my tulpa and i afraid to talk to him because of it,and it makes me really sad.
I have ocd so I think that where it came from,but what should I do?How do I differ them?How do I get rid of an intrusive thoughtform?

First rule of thumb is to not acknowledging it as a thoughtform if it's intrusive. If it was a thoughtform for us, we would communicate to him and learn more about him. Then, it's very different for systems. If you both agree it's intrusive and not giving it any real attention next time, it might disappear on it's own with time. Though intrusive thoughts can be handled very differently for everyone. 

Edited by Kurisutina

Hello, my name is Kurisutina, but people call me Kuri. I have two headmates who I care about and a loving family to be proud and happy for. Do I need to say more?

Other's from this system: Matsuri, Xarbern

• 2 weeks later...

So I’ve read through some guides and they claim to be “full guides” but I look at them and read them and all they do is explain what a tulpa is then hop over to you magically having a tulpa and asking it questions. These guides do not make any sense. I’m also unsure if I have a tulpa or not. I think I am just thinking of what it would say so it’s not a tulpa?

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic