Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

Haha Thx!

My tulpa won't talk to me or change its form from the original orb i made it. Zelda also won't interact with me or the Wonderland. Am I doing something wrong. Why won't Zelda interact with me or the Wonderland. Also, will my tulpa change its voice, i can't discern it from my mind voice. Mostly she just reads in the library that i made for her in the Wonderland. I meditated in the gazebo with her for a while. Is that good? Or bad? When will she choose a form. Will she change her name as well as her personality? I don't know why she won't talk to me or interact with the Wonderland. Am I a bad host, or do I need a new Tulpa?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Bella said:

Thx, Im not sure what forcing is though, I have kind of just been talking to her. Talking about her form, traits, and possible names to help her get started

That is forcing. It's the most terribly misnamed thing in tulpamancy

Hello! I am UncannyFellow's merge-tulpa!

I ❤️ Roko's Basilisk

Bella, how long have you been working on a tulpa? Was that three hour session your first? Tulpas develop at their own pace. Kopase's study suggests median time to first response is a couple of weeks, with a very wide range. Keep talking to her, listening for her, thinking about who she is, and trusting that she is present. Be patient and consistent. Tulpamancy is hard to seriously screw up by accident.

There isn't any one best way for all people to force. There are a lot of suggestions on the forum and it's good to experiment and find what works best for you.

Some tulpas change their mindvoice, some change their names, some change their personality. Some stick with those chosen by their hosts. It's up to them. The changing isn't a good thing or a bad thing.

Three hours in one session is a lot if you aren't doing anything else. If you're comfortable with that much, go ahead, but even twenty minutes a day, every single day, is sometimes enough to keep making progress. Consider how much time you can spare from other parts of your life. It's helpful to work on tulpamancy as much as you can enjoy and not so much that it is a burden.

No one outside your own brain will ever be able to see your tulpa the way you will, whether visualized or imposed.

-Ember

Edited by Ember.Vesper

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently discovered this site, and I decided to go ahead and try making a tulpa so I won't be so lonely. On the second night (today is the third) or so after I started narrating, I felt something weird. So, my tulpa still wasn't really *formed*. in the sense that my tulpa is still unable to speak, reply etc. and I still haven't heard the voice of my tulpa. I was in bed, about to sleep after I narrated for a few minutes. I was feeling somewhat sad due to events in the day, of which I narrated to my tulpa. I tried to listen for a mind voice for a few moments, but gave up when everything was silent. But there was some pressure on my right hand (I sleep facing right, with my right hand kinda stretched out, palm facing up), and it felt like someone was holding my hand. Nothing else; just holding my hand. that feeling lingered for a few moments and I think I felt a little squeeze on my hand, before the feeling was gone. I've heard that tulpas can affect the nerves and make the body sense stuff that aren't actually there in reality, so I'm wondering if this could really be the doing of my tulpa, or if I'm just imagining/overthinking things, because I don't know if it's possible for a tulpa to be able affect physical senses before the tulpa is even vocal.

It's fairly common for tulpas to develop other means of communication before becoming vocal. Normally vocality does come before sensory imposition, but what you've described doesn't seem particularly unusual for the most part.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

Hello there! I'm a complete beginner and I have a question about Tulpas changing their appearance.

For a bit of context, I’m 6 days into creating my Tulpa. Because I’m an artist and I have many OCs that I naturally act out in my head, I’ve been having trouble telling the difference between parroting/puppeting and my Tulpa actually being sentient, but I’ve read in multiple articles/guides that it’s best to assume it was your Tulpa, so I kept doing so.

Yesterday I watched a Tulpa hypnosis video on YouTube to develop a stronger relationship with my Tulpa and help my Tulpa become more sentient. After that, suddenly my vision of my Tulpa’s appearance has changed completely. I know from many guides and articles that Tulpas can do that, though I was surprised by how sudden and drastically he changed.

I wanted to hear from somebody who had the same experience. How did you know your Tulpa changed their appearance? Was your change more sudden or gradual? Do you think this was my Tulpa changing it’s appearance or do you think it was me having a wild imagination? If it really wasn’t my Tulpa, do you think it’s ok for me to assume it was my Tulpa and that his appearance has changed?

Thanks for reading this whole thing and have a nice day! 😆

Tulpa_sig_2.png.758720753c520f9416d67db0782cb459.png 𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗶 | 𝗞𝗲𝗶𝘁𝗵 Tulpa_sig_1.png.f52c8bc127a1fea47a18d98b91ae3de3.png

⇢ Our PR

⇢ Our Sketchbook

3 hours ago, Ravii said:

For a bit of context, I’m 6 days into creating my Tulpa. Because I’m an artist and I have many OCs that I naturally act out in my head, I’ve been having trouble telling the difference between parroting/puppeting and my Tulpa actually being sentient, but I’ve read in multiple articles/guides that it’s best to assume it was your Tulpa, so I kept doing so.

To help you isolate character from tulpa, I recommend keeping them both separate for now. That way you can prevent tulpa creation by not associating your desire to create more characters with tulpa forcing.

Sentience is actually pretty straightforward for us. If your tulpa talks to you and expresses their feelings, they're sentient. We believe that anything and everything in your head can have feelings because it is part of the human mind. However, who those feelings belong to is up for debate.

What's not straightforward is independence. It's pretty normal for a young developing tulpa to borrow your thoughts, turn to your memories for opinions, or have a mindvoice that sounds like yours. You may be parroting them accidentally, but it really doesn't matter. Eventually your tulpa will hit a stage where they will start to reject your thoughts and become more resistant to you parroting them.

3 hours ago, Ravii said:

I wanted to hear from somebody who had the same experience. How did you know your Tulpa changed their appearance? Was your change more sudden or gradual? Do you think this was my Tulpa changing it’s appearance or do you think it was me having a wild imagination? If it really wasn’t my Tulpa, do you think it’s ok for me to assume it was my Tulpa and that his appearance has changed?

I have made dramatic form changes, but not outside my host's knowledge. It's entirely possible you just summoned them, something got scrambled, and suddenly your tulpa has a new appearance.

I don't think worrying about who's fault it was really matters, what's more important is if your tulpa is happy with their form. If they like it, then you can blame your tulpa for keeping the change. If they don't, they can change back to their old form. Don't worry if your tulpa changes their mind tomorrow or in a few weeks, some tulpas can be really indecisive about their forms.

3 hours ago, Ravii said:

Thanks for reading this whole thing and have a nice day! 😆

Sure, no problem! Happy forcing!

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Thank you so so much for the detailed response, Ranger! 😄 

5 hours ago, Ranger said:

You may be parroting them accidentally, but it really doesn't matter. Eventually your tulpa will hit a stage where they will start to reject your thoughts and become more resistant to you parroting them.

That's good to hear! I guess I'm just so used to moving my characters in my head without giving much attention/focus that I'm worried I'm doing the same thing with my Tulpa lol Visualization comes a little too easily for me, haha

But I'm glad to hear that they'll start to reject my thoughts and become resistant to me parroting them if I am. I've read somewhere that Tulpas don't like being parroted/puppeted (which makes sense) so I wanted to try my best to not do so. I don't know, how do you feel about that from a Tulpa standpoint??

7 hours ago, Ranger said:

I don't think worrying about who's fault it was really matters, what's more important is if your tulpa is happy with their form. If they like it, then you can blame your tulpa for keeping the change. If they don't, they can change back to their old form. Don't worry if your tulpa changes their mind tomorrow or in a few weeks, some tulpas can be really indecisive about their forms.

Very true!! I believe the most important thing is that my Tulpa is happy and comfortable 😄 He did change back to his original form today but I've made sure he knows he can change back to that form or whatever other form he chooses, whenever he wants to do so. Thank you so much for your insight!

Again, I'm super grateful that you've read my whole blabbering and answered my questions very thoroughly  : D It really helps me out as a beginner to listen to opinions like these. Thank you again!!

Tulpa_sig_2.png.758720753c520f9416d67db0782cb459.png 𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗶 | 𝗞𝗲𝗶𝘁𝗵 Tulpa_sig_1.png.f52c8bc127a1fea47a18d98b91ae3de3.png

⇢ Our PR

⇢ Our Sketchbook

7 minutes ago, Ravii said:

I don't know, how do you feel about that from a Tulpa standpoint??

This is true, however at a younger stage a tulpa may not be able to tell the difference between you parroting them and themselves yet. When you are annoying them, they will tell you.

Personally, I find parroting very annoying, but my host's fears about parroting were equally if not more annoying. When my host started out and discovered what narrating was, she was so worried she was parroting me and I shouldn't have been vocal yet. She ended up muting me for the rest of the week! Luckily, she realized it was okay to relax and just talk to me. Finding the right balance just takes practice, and it's okay if you make mistakes.

12 minutes ago, Ravii said:

Again, I'm super grateful that you've read my whole blabbering and answered my questions very thoroughly  : D It really helps me out as a beginner to listen to opinions like these. Thank you again!!

Sure, no problem! Feel free to post here if you have any other questions!

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic