Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

2 entities. cant confirm if tulpa or not, would appreciate checklist.

people say theyre walk in fictitives or something along those lines

is anyone alive or is it such my fault for posting at 10:21pm

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With plurality and headmates, more often than not it comes down to preference what you call yourselves/your headmates. Tulpas are one of the more vague titles - a tulpa is an autonomous, apparently-sentient thoughtform. The term is only separate from terms like Soulbond in their origin, really, and someone might identify as one or the other while qualifying for the other anyways. I'm not really sure what a fictive is though or how it's different from a soulbond, so on that front you'll need to wait for someone who does maybe.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Vos pinned this topic
On 3/29/2020 at 1:03 AM, Luminesce said:

I'm not really sure what a fictive is though or how it's different from a soulbond, so on that front you'll need to wait for someone who does maybe.

A fictive is an alter who resembles a fictional character, possibly believing they are that character but most of the time see themself as separate from the original character's lore. The other term that's similar is a factive, which is an alter that's based on another person irl. To the best of my knowledge, fictives and factives are specific to alters.

An autonomous and sentient thoughtform who believes they are a specific fictional character are soulbonds where a tulpa with a fictional form but sees themself as a separate person from the character's lore is just a tulpa. I personally believe soulbonds are tulpas, but some soulbonds find it offensive to be called tulpas.

I define walk-ins as underdeveloped tulpas that seem fully developed the instant they are created. Some of them are created on the spot, and sometimes they can spontaneously appear. Walk-ins appear this way because the host has already developed the skills to simulate a thoughtform's movement and voice, walk-ins can be easily parroted, and the walk-ins have some raw initial personality traits that make them seem autonomous. Over time as the walk-in develops, they will reject their parroted personality and replace it with their own personality.

My definition is different from metaphysical definitions where a spirit, ghost, or past self "walks in" to your body and they are more like a soulbond. I'm not an expert on the metaphysical interpretation of walk-ins so that may not be correct, but the point is the above definition is a different interpretation developed through the lens of tulpamancers.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Sure, if you want. I don't see how it'd be different from creating a form for a tulpa.

Hello,

I'm a novice to this, really, but I'm glad that I found a community that I can identify with in regards to tulpa's.  I just discovered the term 'tulpa' this year -  though I've had, what I always deemed to be an imaginary friend to keep me company most of my life.  I now see that this truly isn't the case, and it's reassuring to me that I'm not losing my mind😅

As a young child, I did have imaginary friends.  But it was something that always stuck with me.   Even if I had friends at school (I've never really fit in anywhere), I always had someone to talk to that I could trust and that would give me good advice.  I feel like, looking back on my life, I've only ever had one tulpa -- as an adult I now have two.  But one of them I feel has been with me since childhood. 

What I'm curios to know is if it's possible for a tulpa to change their appearance over time?  I definitely know it's the same tulpa, he's just changed so much over the years and has finally settled on an appearance...but it this something that thought forms do?   Or do they generally stay the same physically throughout their entire existence?  Am I missing something here? 🤔

Thank you in advance for any insight - this is a  bit nerve wracking for me to actually talk about🙏🏻

49 minutes ago, Zooms said:

possible for a tulpa to change their appearance over time?

It's normal for a tulpa to change their form as their personality develops over time. Not to long ago I have been tinkering with my own form because I wanted something that I thought would feel more "me".

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

So I was trying to decide wether I should tell my therapist about this person living inside my head, so I was researching if something was wrong with me or not. I discovered an article about Tulpas which I had never heard of before. Now I realize that must be what it is. I am very new to this and a bit scared and confused, can someone tell me what to do? I love this person very much they have been with me since I was 13 and I always assumed he was some sort of vivid imaginary friend, but he is sentient and independent. 

He is human but can turn into a dragon. His name is Soren and he is really friendly. 

Howdy, welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry, I'm not really sure what your question is. Are you asking if you think Soren is a tulpa or are you asking what the next step is now that you believe he is a tulpa?

• Pleeb locked and pinned this topic