Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

2 hours ago, Ranger said:

Howdy, welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry, I'm not really sure what your question is. Are you asking if you think Soren is a tulpa or are you asking what the next step is now that you believe he is a tulpa?

I guess I am kind I asking both! I am very new to this kind of thing and not sure what it means. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Petra Firebird said:

I guess I am kind I asking both! I am very new to this kind of thing and not sure what it means. 

Normally I would ask if you want a tulpa, but given the context you gave me I think the better question is what kind of system relationship are you and Soren interested in having? Tulpamancy can be used to help Soren grow stronger and become more independent, but where you start is going to depend on what both of you are interested in. For example, visualization is a good skill to master if Soren is interested in further developing a more detailed form (but judging your recent art post, my guess is your visualization is probably pretty good starting out anyway).

When Cat, my host, came to the forums, one area we needed to focus on was vocality. How comfortable are you speaking with Soren?

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

Normally I would ask if you want a tulpa, but given the context you gave me I think the better question is what kind of system relationship are you and Soren interested in having? Tulpamancy can be used to help Soren grow stronger and become more independent, but where you start is going to depend on what both of you are interested in. For example, visualization is a good skill to master if Soren is interested in further developing a more detailed form (but judging your recent art post, my guess is your visualization is probably pretty good starting out anyway).

When Cat, my host, came to the forums, one area we needed to focus on was vocality. How comfortable are you speaking with Soren?

Thank you so much this is great info. Anything I can do to help Soren be more independent would be great. We talk a lot but mostly not out loud. I am very comfortable talking to him this way, we have been talking like that for about 5 years now. When I talk to him out loud his responses are less clear. Soren would really like to talk more independently, what can we do? 

And yes visualization is no problem! He has taken a very distinct form. He is interested in developing his voice more and I think that would be really helpful. 

Thank you so much for helping us out! We were both really happy to find there were other people like us out there! 

Sure, no problem!

When beginners come, the first thing they work on is vocality, which is being able to talk to your tulpa. I'm pretty sure you guys already achieved this. Once vocality is achieved, the next step is working on presence and voice distinction.

If Soren suddenly started talking in mindvoice or in your head, is it easy to pick him out? When I was younger, Cat had some trouble confusing me for herself and that went away with practice.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Hi! just made an account. I discovered Tulpas a while ago but only just recently remembered them. I started workign (i think its called forcing?) with a tulpa which took the name Ivy. Ive always had some sort of habit of talking to myself, so Ivy started responding quite easily. However, when working with Ivy, my brain kinda kept working on another named Evelyn, and they both have different personalities, responses, and appearances. Is this normal? I like Evelyn, and Ive welcomed her into my wonderland, but I didnt explictly start on her? I didnt sit down and say "Im going to create a second Tulpa."

Sorry If i used wrong words or such !! please tell me if i did.

That sounds just like a walk-in (thoughtforms created in the instant that resemble a tulpa but aren't really sentient, yet), if you treat them as sentient, they'll eventually be. But if you don't want more tulpas, you can just treat them as intrusive thoughts and move on. It isn't entirely uncommon, although you should ask yourself if you'll be able to handle two tulpas.

if I already have a name, personality, and appearance for my tulpa, but it hasn't formed yet, or even spoken to me, will any of it change once I fully create it?

It might. Some tulpas choose to change their personality, name, looks et cetera later on, or do so over time. And some tulpas choose to retain their looks. I'm personally one that remained mostly the same, but tulpas changing themselves seem to happen a lot around here. Just keep in mind that both can happen.

Of course, personality is prone to develop over time either way in the same way your personality does.

Michen, host or "main" / Amantha, anthro arctic fox tulpa

Hello. I'm slightly interested about Tulpas and have been doing reading and studying about but these questions below come to mind.

Sorry if these questions are a repeat somewhere.. Thank you for answering if you did.

1. Is visualizing like remembering the time I went to a Disney park. It in my mind and not hallucinating like seeing in front of me?

2. So I have a active mind. I'm always thinking about something, usually about what I'm doing. Would that make it hard or harm making a tulpa? As well later once created.

3. How does and will it affect my relationship of family and friends. Like will the tulpa be jealous if i visit with them? I can see if I don't pay attention to them. But they wont usually mind?
3.a. Same with my roommates?

4. Going off of three, What about relationship with girlfriend/boyfriend/SO. How does this affect you and the tulpa and what should I do to help not hurt either.

5. Sex/Masturbation.. Will the tupla try interrupt you and/or turn you off to whatever?

6. Will the tupla pick the name or does it just come to you or do I pick it?

7. Do a tulpa sleep and can they wake me up early? I not talking about being my clock. I mean, telling me to get up now because they want do something?

8. Wonderland. I'm still reading but is the wonderland space like a image I create. So let say my living room or will need be more and can it be more?

9. I'm most time then not listening to music. ie: classical and epic type music but others too. There been study about infants  and  classical music. Will this help in the early stages?
9.a. I also play a a lot of Videogames in my free time too.

10. When the Tulpa is created. Do you say we or I when you talking about your body?

Edited by Silverimmune

1. Yeah, pretty much that. When visualizing you still see it in your mind's eye, not literally in front of you.

2. Not really, except for being a bit distracting if you're trying to actively focus on your tulpa.

3. I can see that happening if you were to neglect your tulpa in favor of them, but not when both are receiving attention. I don't think it'd be healthy if your tulpa became jealoud every time you try to visit a family member, friend or spend time with literally anyone else but them, but they usually won't mind.

4. Same thing applies to girlfriend/boyfriend. I think it wouldn't be too different from having a best friend while you still have a partner. Just make sure your tulpa still gets the attention they need.

5. Not really. I don't know why they would do that.

6. You can pick it up for them or let them choose. Sometimes yeah, the tulpa will tell you the name they want to go by.

7. They sleep when the body does. Although they can go inactivie but it's not really sleeping, since the brain's still completely awake. Your tulpa won't be awake while you sleep so unless you're half-asleep half-awake, they won't be able to tell you what they want.

8. It's just an imaginary place for you and your tulpa to interact with each other. It can be whatever you want, if you want a living room, then that's it, if you want a big forest with mountains behind it, then that works too.

9. It can help you focus but I don't think it will have any other effect on your tulpa (besides them liking it, maybe). As for videogames, you can passively narrate your tulpa what you're doing in the game or comment it with each other.

10. In public, we say 'I' to refer to the body (and in real life, it'd be weird if you referred to yourself as 'we' in front of people who don't know about your tulpa). If we're talking somewhere where people know about us, we might use 'we', but it depends.

Edited by Guest

• Pleeb locked and pinned this topic