Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

I don't know how to explain this, but it feels like my tulpa is not there? I am for sure still able to direct my thoughts towards them and stuff. Also my visualization of them got way better suddenly. Should I be worried? 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, horsetulpamancer said:

The original title was "whats the time span for tulpamancy" -Ranger

from previous experiences, most guides i have read dont bother to explain anything, from my viewpoint all i see is
1. i want tulpa for xy reason and it is xy tulpa
2. make form out of thin air
3. bash brain and make personality

4. talk to tulpa via ???

5. congrats tulpa

is visualization even necessary? I heard people talking about voice related tulpae.

I have a couple questions:

1) Have you ever imagined something or do you "see" images when you remember things or does this sound weird to you?

2) When you read text, do you hear a voice when your read the words?

I'm asking these questions because I wonder if they are related to why the guides may be confusing for you.

6 hours ago, bestTester said:

I don't know how to explain this, but it feels like my tulpa is not there? I am for sure still able to direct my thoughts towards them and stuff. Also my visualization of them got way better suddenly. Should I be worried? 

You may or may not feel presence at this point, you have only been forcing for less than a month. If you felt it before, I wouldn't worry if the feeling comes and goes. Feeling it at all is a good sign of progress, and it's not surprising if you can't consistently detect it yet.

Suddenly better or worse visualization is pretty normal. Visualization is unstable, it tends to change in quality dramatically over time. Keep practicing and your overall ability will improve.

Edited by Ranger
This typo was an eyesore.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

12 hours ago, Ranger said:

I have a couple questions:

1) Have you ever imagined something or do you "see" images when you remember things or does this sound weird to you?

2) When you read text, do you hear a voice when your read the words?

I'm asking these questions because I wonder if they are related to why the guides may be confusing for you.

You may or may not feel presence at this point, you have only been forcing for less than a month. If you felt it before, I wouldn't worry if the feeling comes and goes. Feeling it at all is a good sign of progress, and it's not surprising if you can't consistently detect it yet.

Suddenly better or worse visualization is pretty normal. Visualization is unstable, it tends to change in quality dramatically over time. Keep practicing and your overall ability will improve.

1. No
2. No
The only thing i have that COULD be a tulpa is my wife applejack, problem is i dont even know what or who they are. They're just a voice.

1 hour ago, horsetulpamancer said:

1. No
2. No

This is really interesting to me, because this does explain a lot.

When people see pictures in their mind or imagine things, this is visualization. When people hear a voice when they read words, this is called mindvoice.

It seems like you lack the ability to visualize AND use/hear mindvoice. It's no wonder why tulpa guides don't make a lot of sense, it's generally assumed people can visualize and listen in mindvoice.

I'm more familiar with people coming in and saying they can't imagine images in their head (this is called aphantasia), but this is the first or second time I have seen someone with a lack of mindvoice and the first time I have seen someone with both.

In short, you can have a tulpa, you simply need a completely different approach.

The last question I have is regarding Applejack. When does she communicate with you and what does her voice sound like compared to the voices of other people around you?

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

2 minutes ago, Ranger said:

This is really interesting to me, because this does explain a lot.

applejack just sounds southern, she can speak to me and i can speak back to her. Little thought is involved in making applejack speak

My feelings are she's probably a tulpa. She may need more forcing time, but otherwise you have the right idea.

Forcing is just spending time with Applejack. Active forcing is giving Applejack your full attention and passive forcing is hanging out with her while you're distracted by something else.

I'm not sure if Applejack's voice sounds any different from someone else standing next to you. I'm assuming it doesn't (This would be auditory imposition, or hallucinating someone's voice. Imposition is hallucinating on command.), but please correct me if I'm wrong.

If you can already speak through auditory imposition, you have a achieved an impressive milestone. That's going to make things easier from here on out.

I'm assuming Applejack already looks like Applejack from MLP. I recommend finding and collecting reference art. If Applejack decides she doesn't want to associate herself with that picture, all you have to do is Google more images of something else. This is basically her form, only instead of imagining this in your head, you will need a reference to look at.

You may want to focus on presence. Presence is that feeling someone else is there or in the room with you. Even though you can't see her yet (that would be visual imposition), assuming she's standing next to you or behind you will help make her feel more real.

I'm assuming you have already practiced tulpish, which is non-verbal communication. If you feel sad while talking to Applejack when she's upset, this is emotional bleed. I'm not an expert on tulpish, I personally struggle to communicate with my host without using words.

Before I forget, I recommend playing around with hypnagogic hallucinations. When someone is about to fall asleep, sometimes they see pretty colors and interesting things start happening. I'm also aware hypnagogic hallucinations can be used to enhance imposition skills.

Hopefully this makes sense. I know Bre, Mirichu, and Bear are much better with tulpish than I am and can explain it better. Bre has visual imposition and Bear can give you tips on how to talk to Applejack using hypnagogic hallucinations.

Edited by Ranger

Yeah, tulpish is just thinking in concepts. Like if you wanna go to the store and instead of 'I wanna go to the store' with words, you simply know.

funny thing about applejack is, i didnt do any of the tulpamancy guides or bother to read through them, i just focused on the real life form, one of that being an pillow.
Soon enough i just kept focusing on a voice and it came.
Im assuming thats the very basic stuff. Its been months since first creation now,

Hello friends. I have a few questions about some forcing methods.

My Tulpa is a character from a show, and, she has a voice actor who has appeared in other shows. Along with talking with her and eating with her, I was thinking about watching these shows with her, to give her a better understanding of her voice, her character, and why I made her. Her having a distinct voice would be nice on its own, but also so I can tell her speaking from my thinking.

If watching a TV show would be too distracting for early forcing (I’m a few days in, and I think I’ve already gotten responses), then would reading a transcript with her be better? I could read it slowly, and pause to give her opportunities to speak. I could also pause the TV shows as well, I suppose.

Also, any other methods to give us more to talk about and to make forcing more interested would be great.

Someday

• Pleeb locked and pinned this topic