Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

I don't think watching the TV show would be too distracting, you can ask her what she thinks about what's going on in the show. But yeah, you could also read a transcript if the show fails.

You can talk to your tulpa about literally anything, play some game and comment stuff as if it was for some imaginary audience, as if you were playing to a friend and explaining everything to them.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a hard time being around when my host watches a show, but not everyone has the same experience.

Having a voice reference to start out with could be very clever. My only hope is it doesn't backfire because Betty loses interest in that character.

6 hours ago, ruleofthumb said:

Along with talking with her and eating with her, I was thinking about watching these shows with her, to give her a better understanding of her voice, her character, and why I made her.

I'm curious about this part. If Betty decides to deviate and she's not exactly like the TV character, are you prepared for that?

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

I'm curious about this part. If Betty decides to deviate and she's not exactly like the TV character, are you prepared for that?

Stone: Yes I am prepared for that and expect it, and when it comes to personality forcing with her, the traits I have planned expand on her character from the show, and I can see her, in some aspects, almost becoming a foil to the character she is in the show, depending on how she develops.

She actually only appears in a few episodes (maybe two), so it’d mostly be watching the show so she knows my love for it and knows about her origin, to satiate the type of curiosity one might have for their ancestry.

And, of course, to maybe give her a more distinct voice, when she hears what the character she’s based on sounds like.

Edited by ruleofthumb

Someday

It's safe to do, but as is with all fictives and factives, there may be a personality crisis. It is mitigated by reinforcing that she's not that character, it's pretty bad if they really identify as that character unless you own and hold all content associated with that character.

It may not happen, but if it does, you'll get past it and that will be an excellent sign of independent thought.

Edited by Bear

So when I've been doing my usual sessions, I go into my wonderland with my tulpa, and all that.

When I talk to her, and give her a moment to respond. It's like she gave her response without speaking, like I just know what she said to me. Also, when what I think is what would be basically talking over her, I get this weird feeling I don't know.

This seems like the definition of tulpish?

Forcing is spending time with Applejack in general. You can devote all of your attention to her (active forcing) or you can interact with her while you're distracted (passive forcing).

If you're having trouble with an engaging conversation, you may want a new idea about what to talk about. The guides 42 and 1/2 things to do with your tulpa and Topics to Talk About With Your Tulpa are lists of ideas you can look though. While you may not need the Tulpa Vocalization Practice guide for vocality, you may find some of the activities to do in there worth looking at.

Another approach is to focus on building a wonderland. If you have aphantasia, then you can't do this mentally. Instead, I recommend building a wonderland using a game like Minecraft or drawing it out with paper, on the computer, or through some other software.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• Pleeb locked and pinned this topic