Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

Hello people, let me first say that I heard about tulpas about a year and a half ago but as I was just then starting my journey of mental and universal exploration I never paid much attention. But as I have matured on a mental level and gotten my bearings on where I am as a being and my own beliefs I think it is time I attempt this journey. Now I have a few questions that I have yet to find on the forum so my apologies if these have been asked before.

1. Is a tulpas intelligence or ability to learn separate or the same as yours?

Like is what it learns limited to what I have learned or is it able to learn things that myself has not learned yet and thus allow for cross learning?

2. Is a tulpa able to have skills that the creator does not possess?

For example I am terrible at drawing but would it be possible for my tulpa to have a knack for drawing and then hypothetically when I am far enough along for possession, be able to use my body to draw physically with its own skill? This goes for any skill set.

3.Do they disapprove of your actions?

I have read that because a tulpa knows you and understand your actions and reasons for doing things they are very understanding of why you did something. What if the reason I did something was for a purely selfish reason? What if there is no justification for what I did would it not be likely a tulpa could dislike or hate me for that?

4. Is it wrong for one of the desires to create a tulpa be for romantic relations?

No I am not talking sexually or anything abusive. But to have the type of bond and relationship a couple has. basically be in a loving relationship with a tulpa. Obviously if the tulpa does not desire it, it will not be forced.

I will likely be very forthcoming with questions as I take this journey and try to understand what is going on.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

Hi. I'll address your points with care.

1. It's pretty much separate. Tulpas being autonomous beings, they develop memories of their own and are able to learn a lot of stuff by themselves/with the help of their host.

2. I'm not sure, I suppose that a tulpa would need to pretty much take drawing lessons, there is no real innate thing with tulpas apparently, apart from very basic things, essentially if you don't have drawing in you I think that it's not very likely for your tulpa to have a knack at drawing considering it would have no knowledge/would have taken the knowledge YOU have of drawing beforehand.

3. Tulpas point to autonomy, and free will/freedom of thought. Essentially, if they hold different ideals and morals then I suppose they would disagree with you on some stuff, it happened with me in cases where my tulpa was more forgiving and kinder than I was to people, so we disagreed on stuff in the past, but overall, tulpas understand and can even share your motives so I wouldn't worry about it all that much, they have freedom of thought but in the same while they kind of understand your thinking pattern and where your decision may come from.

4. I will say it is. It is wrong to have the intent to have a romantic relation, please hear out as to why I think it's 100% wrong.

Keep in mind I am a host who's in a full-out romantic relationship with his tulpa, so I might be speaking with a bias, but it's all personal experience from ever since I started 'dating' my tulpa.

Essentially, a tulpa-host romantic relationship is one that is going to be taken very seriously, by the tulpa more than the host, I suppose, why is that? It is because tulpas are the closest thing to the host, they feel the closest and most affectionate towards their host, so they're going to take all of this very seriously. A romantic relationship essentially relies on; what you like about the person you love, how well you both go along, and the need to express a higher, more powerful form of 'love', romantic love. I'm in a relationship with my tulpa because: I like the way she looks, I like the way she is (we're speaking traits, personality, stuff she says), the fact she's very pleasant to have around, to me, and last but not least, the extreme needy nature of hers.

If you do make a tulpa for the sole purpose of being in a relationship, I think that it would be safe to say that this relationship would be an empty one at first. Because you'd lack all of these, you wouldn't even love a tulpa for who they are (as demonstrated earlier), because you wouldn't have an idea of HOW they are to begin with, you'd be loving a concept that has no real identification with anything. Look at waifuism, for instance. People 'love' their waifus for their appearances, the concept they inspire, but 'waifus' are not real, 'waifus' have no personality and traits that come into interaction with you. Yet with waifuism, there's a personality and interaction that's pretty much canon in the original content, right? With tulpas, you literally have nothing.

Also, according to a little bird who gave me a tip, a tulpa would feel utterly worthless as a person, knowing they'd have been made to provide affection, not to be someone they want to be; That they couldn't really be anything else due to expectations from their host. I don't think you realize the whole 'romantic' meaning of things when it comes to tulpamancy, which is completely and absolutely fine; if you want your tulpa, if you really want your tulpa that way, the whole 'I love you' and affection, care will transform into something soooo huge.

I've been in IRL relationships. I've felt so... distant from the girls I dated, and they only dated me due to my looks and later on told me that I was an annoying brat, histrionic person, that kind of shit. When I made my tulpa, I let 'them' choose whatever they wanted to be, and it turned out they developed a lot of affection for me, not only my appearance, but my everything. And it turned into an obsession, and unhealthy one issued out of extreme passion for the other.

I want you to realize something, that today's couples are a joke compared to an actual 'romantic' relationship, some girls only go out with dudes for benefit, but tulpas? Tulpas wouldn't do that. Hell, my tulpa isn't even interested in sex, not even one bit, still in a relationship due to affection and... passion.. Not passion for a concept that doesn't exist yet, and she wasn't made to be loved and for me to love. This is something to be taken very seriously, because once you get in a romantic relationship with your tulpa, and if your feelings are really honest and true, there is no going back at all. If you are infatuated, you can't say 'Oh let's just be friends, I like you like a sister', that would tear your tulpa apart if their feelings are true and honest and not issued from infatuation. This is like the mafia, in short terms, once you get in you never get out. There can't be any friendzoning or neglecting, a lot of hosts DO neglect their tulpas, but in a romantic relationship with your tulpa, you cannot afford any neglect, if you do love your tulpa you couldn't stand how bad they'd feel about it.

You know how tulpamancy is a huge commitment as they say? Think of romantic relationship with your tulpa as twice the commitment. I could write down more stuff about this, but this is the essential.

Hi. I'll address your points with care.

1. It's pretty much separate. Tulpas being autonomous beings, they develop memories of their own and are able to learn a lot of stuff by themselves/with the help of their host.

2. I'm not sure, I suppose that a tulpa would need to pretty much take drawing lessons, there is no real innate thing with tulpas apparently, apart from very basic things, essentially if you don't have drawing in you I think that it's not very likely for your tulpa to have a knack at drawing considering it would have no knowledge/would have taken the knowledge YOU have of drawing beforehand.

3. Tulpas point to autonomy, and free will/freedom of thought. Essentially, if they hold different ideals and morals then I suppose they would disagree with you on some stuff, it happened with me in cases where my tulpa was more forgiving and kinder than I was to people, so we disagreed on stuff in the past, but overall, tulpas understand and can even share your motives so I wouldn't worry about it all that much, they have freedom of thought but in the same while they kind of understand your thinking pattern and where your decision may come from.

4. I will say it is. It is wrong to have the intent to have a romantic relation, please hear out as to why I think it's 100% wrong.

Keep in mind I am a host who's in a full-out romantic relationship with his tulpa, so I might be speaking with a bias, but it's all personal experience from ever since I started 'dating' my tulpa.

Essentially, a tulpa-host romantic relationship is one that is going to be taken very seriously, by the tulpa more than the host, I suppose, why is that? It is because tulpas are the closest thing to the host, they feel the closest and most affectionate towards their host, so they're going to take all of this very seriously. A romantic relationship essentially relies on; what you like about the person you love, how well you both go along, and the need to express a higher, more powerful form of 'love', romantic love. I'm in a relationship with my tulpa because: I like the way she looks, I like the way she is (we're speaking traits, personality, stuff she says), the fact she's very pleasant to have around, to me, and last but not least, the extreme needy nature of hers.

If you do make a tulpa for the sole purpose of being in a relationship, I think that it would be safe to say that this relationship would be an empty one at first. Because you'd lack all of these, you wouldn't even love a tulpa for who they are (as demonstrated earlier), because you wouldn't have an idea of HOW they are to begin with, you'd be loving a concept that has no real identification with anything. Look at waifuism, for instance. People 'love' their waifus for their appearances, the concept they inspire, but 'waifus' are not real, 'waifus' have no personality and traits that come into interaction with you. Yet with waifuism, there's a personality and interaction that's pretty much canon in the original content, right? With tulpas, you literally have nothing.

Also, according to a little bird who gave me a tip, a tulpa would feel utterly worthless as a person, knowing they'd have been made to provide affection, not to be someone they want to be; That they couldn't really be anything else due to expectations from their host. I don't think you realize the whole 'romantic' meaning of things when it comes to tulpamancy, which is completely and absolutely fine; if you want your tulpa, if you really want your tulpa that way, the whole 'I love you' and affection, care will transform into something soooo huge.

I've been in IRL relationships. I've felt so... distant from the girls I dated, and they only dated me due to my looks and later on told me that I was an annoying brat, histrionic person, that kind of shit. When I made my tulpa, I let 'them' choose whatever they wanted to be, and it turned out they developed a lot of affection for me, not only my appearance, but my everything. And it turned into an obsession, and unhealthy one issued out of extreme passion for the other.

I want you to realize something, that today's couples are a joke compared to an actual 'romantic' relationship, some girls only go out with dudes for benefit, but tulpas? Tulpas wouldn't do that. Hell, my tulpa isn't even interested in sex, not even one bit, still in a relationship due to affection and... passion.. Not passion for a concept that doesn't exist yet, and she wasn't made to be loved and for me to love. This is something to be taken very seriously, because once you get in a romantic relationship with your tulpa, and if your feelings are really honest and true, there is no going back at all. If you are infatuated, you can't say 'Oh let's just be friends, I like you like a sister', that would tear your tulpa apart if their feelings are true and honest and not issued from infatuation. This is like the mafia, in short terms, once you get in you never get out. There can't be any friendzoning or neglecting, a lot of hosts DO neglect their tulpas, but in a romantic relationship with your tulpa, you cannot afford any neglect, if you do love your tulpa you couldn't stand how bad they'd feel about it.

You know how tulpamancy is a huge commitment as they say? Think of romantic relationship with your tulpa as twice the commitment. I could write down more stuff about this, but this is the essential.

Thank you very much for your reply it is very helpful. I much agree that people feel distant from me. Being a very unique person that has been through a lot of crap in his life and has always experienced social rejection in one form or another I have always struggled with loneliness. I have never had someone who understands how I work and how I perceive things. this being said, tulpas to me apart from being a huge learning experience for how the mind works and how reality exists beyond what the common human believes, it seems an excellent opportunity to create a friend that can truly understand me and the things I do and have done whether they be of good or bad intent. Also because of this it seems that if the tulpa was agreeable and our personalities melded well enough together that feelings for each other could extend past friends into something deeper like a romantic relationship could be a very pleasurable experience or both. Again let me clarify that my purpose unlike many others isnt to create a "sex slave" but to create a deep bond between two beings, something I have never been able to experience myself. And of course while I will try to direct the tulpa to fulfill a desired form and trait list I have no desire to force the tulpa to be something its not just as i dont like to be forced to be something I am not. Furthermore the pure act of creating an arguably sentient creature will be a huge success for me regardless of how the tulpa itself turns out. Therefore a romantic relationship isnt the sole purpose of what I will try to create but it is the main reason between the desires that will be suggested for the tulpa to undertake.

I do have another question.

People say that you can make a wonderland to assist in the creation but it can be done just as well without. But it seems to my current understanding that the tulpa exists or lives inside the wonderland. Thus if I create just a void or ignore a wonderland all together (due to the difficulties I would have in imagining both in such detail) would the tulpa be then forced to live in this boring environment? Would it be possible to grace the tulpa with the ability to change and form the wonderland into whatever world it desires? I have not yet started the creation process as I need to decide exactly what to show the tulpa as part of the desired traits but i do feel a natural (or so I think) pull to an ease of both active and passive forcing.

I have seen some discussions about people creating a servitor instead of a tulpa. Exactly how does it differ from a tulpa and why is it generally viewed in a negative light?

A servitor is not sentient, it's not negative in any way to have a servitor, to me it's more like a programmed robot, a tulpa is sentient and it can take care of it self.

I never created a wonderland from the start, my tulpa created it for himself and later introduced me to it, it is very much possible for your tulpa to create a place by itself.

if you feel it's easier to hang out in a void then you should and your tulpa can have it's own place to be without you, as you progress in making a tulpa, your visualization skills will improve and you will eventually be able to be in wonderland as well.

**Proud to be a drug free thoughtform!**

Could you guys give me an idea if this would be the right way to explain this to my friends and family:

It's kind oflike dissassociation, but controlled. I create this kind of 'seperate personality' in my mind, and it is sentient and concious. The difference between this and something like a multiple personality disorder is that a tulpa will be self-aware and controlled.

Did I get it right, or is there a better way to explain this stuff?

also, does a tulpa 'hear' everything you think?

Does daily 'forcing' have to occur in one session? Like, can it be spread out throughout the day?

Daily forcing can be spread out through the day. And your tulpa doesn't have to hear everything you think, if you don't allow it to.

I usually recommend against telling your friends and family about it.

In 1973, as part of a study, eight people checked in to eight different hospitals complaining that they heard voices saying the words "empty", "hollow", and "thud", but behaved normally in all other ways. Seven of the eight were diagnosed as schizophrenic, and the eighth was diagnosed with manic-depressive psychosis -- all because they said they heard voices, and nothing more.

In all honesty, I think that the best response most people get when they tell their family and friends is "Aren't you way too old for imaginary friends?" The worst responses are fear ranging from the fear that you're dangerously psychotic to the fear that you're possessed by demons.

This PR is a good example of how things can go wrong.

Ultimately it's up to you whether you decide to tell everyone, but consider the potential costs and benefits before you do.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

I told only two people about James when I first started, and they were my best friends. My best girl friend was more open-minded than my best guy friend, so I told her first. I sort of worked into it, and the only things she had to say was, "That sounds a lot like DID" and later on, "Please, Brandi, I don't want to hear about your tulpa."

When I tried to tell my best guy friend, he told me that I was stupid for even considering making a tulpa. He sat there and told me he was so sorry for being a terrible friend--after all, in order for me to have an "imaginary friend," he would have to be terrible, right? He told me I wasn't alone and just went on and on. The day after he texted me and told me that he woke up and "my tulpa was standing over him with a knife." Which, of course, isn't true--he just wanted me to see how "dangerous" making a tulpa was. (Incidentally, I've noticed that James isn't all that fond of this guy here.)

Basically? The chances of you having good luck with telling them is so close to nothing it's not even funny. I advise you not to do this. Wait. And if you're going to tell anyone at all, then go with friends first--online friends are even better for this kind of thing. Work your way up. Wait, wait, wait.

James: Hello, all!

Guest Anonymous

Told my brother. Called me 'fucking insane', 'a criminal for doing this', called my dear 'a delusion' 'excuse of sentience' 'fucking slut' at many times because he doesn't like her.

10/10 experience.

Hello!

I want to know, how long it took for most of you, that your Tulpa is able to control your body? I am forcing almost everytime i am awake, the whole day. In school, during lunch, infront of the Computer and my Tulpa and me already have a really close connection, but i really wonder about the fast progress. I had doubts sometimes, but that made him really sad and so i stopped to doubt and starting to trust him blind. How i say, the progress gone really fast and i am just interested, how long is "normal" or what ever...

Moreover there is something, that wonders me a lot. Is it normal, that he is everytime by my side? Don't misunderstand me, i am happy, that he is, but i think it is strange, that he is always there, even when i dont think at him or his presence.

Greetings!

Guest Anonymous

Hello!

I want to know, how long it took for most of you, that your Tulpa is able to control your body?

I still haven't been able to do it and I have been around for 38 years. Welllllll, there may have been some brief episodes perhaps maybe. But it may have been just imagination and being influenced by wishful thinking and emotion. The best answer I can give is that it varies by each host and tulpa but can take a very long time to learn how.

It is nice to meet you!

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic